2000 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

Money Pit

By on Monday, May 11, 2009

"I own two Range Rovers, 2001 and 2002. I have a love hate relationship. I love the car and what it can do, but I hate it because the repair costs are astronomical especially when the EAS parts go. Brake pads and rotors wear quickly as do the tires. I also have a 2000 Discovery Series II. Not any better. If you like to go off road it's a great vehicle. Just be prepared to spend a good part of your paycheck keeping it up."

marketing brilliance

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

"I have to laugh reading some of these reviews. Love hate relationship for sure. I have had 2 Land Rovers, (Disco and RR) and both needed to have engine replaced. (Under warranty) The list of constant issues with these vehicles is mind boggling. (Too long to list) I literally have to cover my RR when it rains because it leaks ... this is a car which is positioned as a luxury vehicle for the outdoors? Put a 4.6 engine on any chassis, lock all 4 tires, and it will do well off road. But dont try to sell this car as having all of this off road performance because of its heritage/marketing. The vehicles that are being produced now have little resemblance to strengths this product grew out of. The popularity of this car is purely aesthetic, and that is why I own my second. Finding a utilitarian truck this size which has some style, but can get the job done, is difficult. But mechanically the trucks are a joke, cold hard facts."

Real SUV

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"My 2001 4.6 HSE is the most solid and sturdy 4x4 SUV I have ever ridden in. Bought in 2007 with 50,000 miles on it. Runs solid but here is what I recommend very highly. Get extended warranty. Issues - air suspension went out at 85,000 miles. New air suspension would run $3K to $4K. Definitely convert to coil springs with 1-inch lift and Old Man Emu shocks. I find the ride way smoother with springs. Multi disk CD just broke. Have had to replace the following from 50,000 to 100,000miles - suspension, air accumulator, radiator, battery, pads, rotars, valve cover gasket. You get my point - super high maintence but none of these should ever need to be repalced again except pads, battery and rotars. Bottom line - most stylish, comfortable,dominant, classy off road vehicle ever but be prepared to spend $1,000 to $2,000 a year in this love affair."

great drive

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "classic looks, comfortable, very quiet."

Cons: "really i have none, got a good one i guess?"

"i have had many cars, this is one of the most comfortable rides i've had. this includes my caddy, lincoln, mercury, infiniti, mercedes,the only car i can compare this to in comfort is my peugeot, the gas mileage is not to bad as long as you don't really put your foot into it. very safe and a feel that you are in command of the road."

Not Impressed

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"Every day that goes by I wish I had bought a Lexus 470 or similar. This car's quality problems are monumental. I have spent enough in repair on this car to buy a new Kia, what a nightmare."