1999 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

Not bad, but not great

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"I bought a 2001 Range Rover used with about 100k miles on it, i got it for a steal and i knew there would be problems, so i tuned her up and replaced the computer unit and it ran perfect, off road she was amazing, i went mudding with some friends who all have jacked up jeeps, and it kept up fine. The interior is comfortable and styleish, and the exterior is beautiful, but i dont like the headlamp styling, one complaint about it is the navigation, it was a real pain to work with, but over all it was a good truck and i was happy to put 20k miles on it, if you have the money for the maintainence then i would recomend this truck to you, its a perfect on and off road vehicle"

Overengineered

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I own two Rangies, 89 & 96, and each has unique issues. They do have a tendency to let the oil out and the water in. I have driven them across North America (Florida to Deadhorse) and have determined they will be broke upon arrival but can get you anywhere. I've tried every crisis situation (crashes into Semi's - Swiss Army knife helped, three wheel driving, jack-knifing) and still love the buggers though they have co$t me dearly. They don't like the cold but love gas stations with premium petrol. Keep a mechanic with AMEX in your back pocket or get ready to get greasy. Awesome styling and comfort and extremely rugged. Watch the air bags in cold as they and the air suspension can be problematic and the bump stops hurt to ride on. Try Rovers North or Atlantic British for parts."

Expensive repairs gas guzzling 5000 lb monster

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "the awd system, interior room is spacious, luxury"

Cons: "EXPENSIVE!!! AND NOT A SINGLE CUP HOLDER"

"Yes this vehicle has had many great reviews, but heres my range rover story for the short period that it was running while i owned it. From the dealership who ripped me off, it was everything i expected and then some. A short month after, the heater core goes. Disconnected/bypassed it. Cool no heat in this 10 degree weather. Was cold but still driving. never did take it to the dealership to get an estimate for repair because i just knew it would be out of my budget. So a month after that, my compressor for my air ride suspension goes. Okay so i found a compressor for $350, ill install it myself.....what was i thinking? its a range rover, you cant install a tire valve cap yourself, everything must be done at a certified dealership who will surely charge 4 times more than what is considered "reasonable dealer pricing." Not only did the compressor burn out, but the air bags for the suspension had leaks. The estimate at the dealership was right around $2500. I dont even know why i got this expensive potential disaster. it will sit in the driveway, undriveable untill someone on craigslist decides that they want the problem"

Keep it until it dies!!

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "It's a Range Rover."

Cons: "Gas sometimes, oil leaks"

"Where to begin! The look of the early 2000 still makes the Range Rover a good looking car in 2011! It has almost 12 years old and I just had a few problems with it. However I'm not disappointed at all. Its headlights cleared the way to Vegas so easily at 3 o'clock in the morning! Powerseats and my armrest made it so easy to find my best driving position and the ride is soooo great! It keeps accelerating well. The only thing that will make me selling it is if major oil leaks keep persisting because I can't afford much time and money for a car as a student. The sound system is awesome for a 2000 car by the way!!"

RR

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 4 years and I love it, definitely have to repair it often though ...he are the things I repaired so far Radiator, Rotors after 4Ok, Wheel hub assembly, Both rear air shocks, ac condensor, several faults that had to be reset, oxygen sensors there are 4, and a lot of stupid little things.....but In the plus everyone looks at you like your royalty when you drive in one....I will prolly keep this truck for the winter but would not buy another, to many repair bills and a supreme gas guzzzler that only takes premium................AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"My 2001 Range Rover has left me stranged at least 5 times. Now they say I need a new engine and they can't find one for it. My $60,000 car is worth nothing."

An exceptional vehicle

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Not many out there."

Cons: "misunderstood. yet that ensures it's eccentricity"

"Let's be honest, this is not a honda, toyota, or any other type of zero to low maintance vehicle. It's a Range Rover. Are they overpriced when new? Absolutly. Is the build quality/price ratio way out of balance? Of course. Yet it is probably one of the most under appreciated vehicles out there by people who do not understand it. Driving an older RR says a few things about you. Not 'I have a lot of money' or an inflated ego', if that were the case then you'd buy as new a one as you could afford. Driving a P38 or RRC says you're unique and a bit odd, but in a good way. You appreciate what an amazingly different vehicle it really is. You need to have the funds to keep it well maintained. But when it's maintained it's a great ride!"

I'm an advocate

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

"We love our Range Rover. it has 184,000 miles with only a couple of repairs outside of normal maintenance. It goes anywhere. Drives like a cream puff on the road and handles everything we throw at it off road. Like any car with this mileage it has a few quirks but overall one of the best cars I have owned."

a nice classy SUV

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"this is an SUV that is not for every one . If you just wanna drive through a winter storm then you better go GM, Ford, or japanese . Why I say that because this one is a class by itself . Rovers go by generations not years . so this is the 2nd generation Range Rover . I love the off road capabilities that it has . the comfort issue is very subjective . Its for sure not that comfortable . windows are very panoramic , wood trim and leather are great . the muti color steering wheel is so unique . Now the negatives : a true gas guzzler, very slow from 0-60 .Thats it 1"

many many many repair one after the other!

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Reason: junk

Pros: "looks good thats it!"

Cons: "junk"

"If I could rate this car a zero I would. I had soo soo many problems with this car it was unreal. In the end I gave the car away. I only had the car three years and with many repairs totaling $6000 or more. buyer beware!"

Great quality trucks but pricey to maintain

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Good value, very luxurious with plenty of space"

Cons: "Keep money in the budget for repairs"

"I have owned 6 of these vehicles in the last few years. They all seem to have very similar issues....they are super luxurious and have extremely nice amenities. However, the common issues on these trucks is with the air ride, Heater core leaks and AC blendor motor issues. Aside from that, these are a great bang for the buck suv. My 2001 is just as nice as most brand new SUVs for a fraction of the price. They are liking riding around on your living room sofa. Having 4 wheel drive all the time makes this a pleasure to drive (especially in winter weather). My wife and I love them and will continue to own Range Rovers."

Comfortable but not reliable!

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, expensive, and alarm system annoying!"

"This car is great... When its going. Wether its not starting due to an alarm problem, or what. It's a pain! The car has a certain feel to it though, when it's working i love it. Driving it is such an ease! I'm only sixteen and let me tell you, i drive great in this. But i hate how its unreliable. I love it but maybe think on getting a different car. :("

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"if you want to go out there and buy a 80,000 dollar car, it should be perfect. however, i was not willing to do that, i bought this car for 9,000 i've driven it through some horrible snow storms, flash floods, through washed out roads. Everything mother nature has thrown at me i've driven through. My 2000 range rover has never let me down. When i first bought it, it has sports tires, and i drove it through a winter with no problem. The next winter i bought snow tires,and never took them off, no problems in the summer either. For the money it is the most capable car out there. Not only that though, but it has style, and class. It looks good on a dry sunny day. You can pull up to the club and still get people saying wow thats a nice car. When i was in high school, people used to think i payed 20k for my red range rover. It has a great ride to it, and has always been there for me. My only recommendation is that you research the car out before you buy it and make sure you are getting the right deal and the right car, after that go have fun. One last thing i would like to add is that living in the city, you need the handling and acceleration to get through traffic, i am an aggressive driver. I have never gotten in an accident with my range rover, the way it handles itself through traffic is amazing. It gets you to where you need to go with grace. Then when your on the highway, just open it up and let it rip, its fast. It gets up there into triple digits with ease, and it does so keeping its handling at par. It is truly a great car for the money."

4.0 SE Range Rover- SOOO Comfortable!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Best Safety vehicle, Most Comfort-Looks Great!"

Cons: "VERY $$$ TO FIX-Hard to find parts-GAS GUZZLER!"

"It's comfort is undeniable..Have had many high end cars and this has the most comfort. Very Expensive to fix, and most places won't touch it, unless it is a RR/LR Dealer. Parts very hard to come by- not many Parts for my model are interchangeable, only made it a couple of years..But mine being a 1995- still had more options than most luxury vehs now..Ride is very smooth once air suspension was removed (common prob in this model).SuperLock is very expensive and almost always a problem in this veh.. Finding a replacement is impossible- cannot drive or even turn the car on without it. Travels nice- but is not a quick mover, but once your moving-your moving and don't even notice it. Can pull just abt anything. IT IS A GAS GUZZLER! Just turning on the veh- I can watch the gas tank empty. But even on ice, it is so heavy- I have never had a prob, usually just break through it..It is the safest veh ever- you get in an accident- guaranteed to walk away."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Great SUV. I have always wanted one of these, and when I finally got my hands on this one, all my expectations were met. In the sea of white Tahoes and Suburbans, the Range Rover is a breath of fresh air from the mundane and bland. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself. Cheers!"

Love this vehicle !

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, had 90,000 mi check ,Classic"

"Little old lady owner, recent total check up, new tires, classic collectible , file with info available ..has suspension system that lowers for ease of getting in and out."

Collectible

By on Thursday, July 16, 2015

Pros: "Enjoy driving it."

Cons: "Does not use regular gas"

"Original owner. Has air suspension for lowering and raising for easy access or driving over creeks in off road driving. New tires, latest 90,000 mi check up,"

This truck is an animal.

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Great overall."

Cons: "MPGs"

"I pulled my husband's Ford F250 with trailer attached out of three feet of snow. It can go anywhere. Great truck. Period."

it is the nicest vehicle i've ever owned

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "great to drive, very comfortable"

Cons: "too small for ice fishing and hunting gear"

parked in driveway

"i love driving this vehicle. always has power when i need it. the seats wrap me up and keep me comfortable with heat when its cold, fully adjustable electronic. provided enough leg for me and passengers over 6' tall. good sound system. trunk space has enough room for 4 sets of golf clubs and a small cooler without being visible from the rear windows. the ride is always smooth and no surprises in the road. never drove off road other than compacted sand and gravel roads, it behaved very nicely."

parked in driveway

Best pre-owned SUV for money

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I bought a 1996 Range Rover in Newport Beach,CA in Feb,08 as an additional go around weekend mountain bike ,towing boat and off road vehicle so I can park it next to my Conv. Jag XKR & Bentley Mulliner, The P38 chasis is magnificient rugged and it is still not outdated as of yet as far as look. i think I have paid the best $12,000 dollars that money could buy for a super low mileage 96 , one owner with all books & records Black on Black 4.6 HSE."

Luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Yes it is expensive to buy new. But find a good used one and it's worth the deal. Throw some 20 inch wheels on this model and it completely transforms the look of this car."

safest we ever had

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"waited many years to save enough to buy a vehicle that is this reliable"

Love this car

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun, amazing in winter and bad weather, classic"

Cons: "chews up gas"

"This car is so awesome. I bought it for my mom but my family fell in love with it. We had a tough winter and it saved us. I hear these things last forever and my daughter says she wants it to be her car when she grows up."

Extraordinary. Greatest looking SUV ever!

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Unique Utilitarian Fun Reliable GreatSoundSystem !"

Cons: "Air Suspension wouldn't work at sub-0 degrees."

"Just love this vehicle, even at 20 years old, and would prefer to keep it forever, but purchased a newer vehicle to last the rest of my life {probably another 20 years)."