1999 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

Nice truck

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I had my 2002 Range Rover for 3 years I bought it with 22K mil now I have about 43500 mil on it, no problems at all. the only thing I had to do is new battery, I was in Iraq for 9 months so the car did not move. its good in the snow, and it has good power too. I will get the new RR next year I hope. I know people say bad things about RR but you need to read about them they are not your normal truck, this is a real SUV!"

If it's Good Enough for Her Majesty....

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfort and versatility"

Cons: "Air Suspension can get wonky, electrical issues"

"A RR is the epitome of "command seating" and whereas it has it's electrical issues and odd problems (air suspension, climate control) it is still a wonderful ride. Most LR/RR owners I know love and adore their trucks and will spend an inordinate amount of money... but I have put 80K miles on the vehicle, earning a solid 20mpg and have replaced $2000 in repairs over an 8 year period... you do the math. .... and all the while I had the safest, most fun of any one on the road.... we call ours the "magnificent beast".... Does it leak? Of course... "it is a British design feature.. it insures you know you still have oil in the car..""

An exceptional vehicle

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Not many out there."

Cons: "misunderstood. yet that ensures it's eccentricity"

"Let's be honest, this is not a honda, toyota, or any other type of zero to low maintance vehicle. It's a Range Rover. Are they overpriced when new? Absolutly. Is the build quality/price ratio way out of balance? Of course. Yet it is probably one of the most under appreciated vehicles out there by people who do not understand it. Driving an older RR says a few things about you. Not 'I have a lot of money' or an inflated ego', if that were the case then you'd buy as new a one as you could afford. Driving a P38 or RRC says you're unique and a bit odd, but in a good way. You appreciate what an amazingly different vehicle it really is. You need to have the funds to keep it well maintained. But when it's maintained it's a great ride!"

95 RRC SW~Looks,drives great after all these years

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Design,Harmon Kardon Ster,interior/exterior color"

Cons: "Likes to leak oil~"

1995 RRC County Beluga Black

"I have in my opinion the best Range Rover Classic ever, a 1995 RRC County in Beluga Black. It's been an extremely reliable rig, ofcourse not without it's proper maintenance such as oil and filter changes and preventive details to ensure it keeps running smooth. Sure, I've replaced and repaired lil things that break off, etc... This timeless beauty is a "rolling project or restoration" as of now,meaning replace suspension components, respray, headliner etc...Suspension has been converted to coil springs and has new Borla exhaust system, which surprisingly gives me 21-22MPG on freeway. Just know, any vintage vehicle will need money put in, if it is to be running and looking it's best!"

1995 RRC County Beluga Black

great quality

By on Sunday, July 08, 2007

"you truly get what you pay for and more it,s really worth it to buy a car like this it,s so smart so dependable so land rover quality it deserves it,s name"

70k - 100k Breakdowns

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"Great car to drive and feels strong but needs an additional $6,000 to $10,000 in repairs after the 70k milage point. EAS Faults Parking Break Sticking Valve Block Heating O Rings Heater Core AC Condensor Tires Possible Transmisson problems"

Not bad, but not great

By on Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"I bought a 2001 Range Rover used with about 100k miles on it, i got it for a steal and i knew there would be problems, so i tuned her up and replaced the computer unit and it ran perfect, off road she was amazing, i went mudding with some friends who all have jacked up jeeps, and it kept up fine. The interior is comfortable and styleish, and the exterior is beautiful, but i dont like the headlamp styling, one complaint about it is the navigation, it was a real pain to work with, but over all it was a good truck and i was happy to put 20k miles on it, if you have the money for the maintainence then i would recomend this truck to you, its a perfect on and off road vehicle"

Expensive repairs gas guzzling 5000 lb monster

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "the awd system, interior room is spacious, luxury"

Cons: "EXPENSIVE!!! AND NOT A SINGLE CUP HOLDER"

"Yes this vehicle has had many great reviews, but heres my range rover story for the short period that it was running while i owned it. From the dealership who ripped me off, it was everything i expected and then some. A short month after, the heater core goes. Disconnected/bypassed it. Cool no heat in this 10 degree weather. Was cold but still driving. never did take it to the dealership to get an estimate for repair because i just knew it would be out of my budget. So a month after that, my compressor for my air ride suspension goes. Okay so i found a compressor for $350, ill install it myself.....what was i thinking? its a range rover, you cant install a tire valve cap yourself, everything must be done at a certified dealership who will surely charge 4 times more than what is considered "reasonable dealer pricing." Not only did the compressor burn out, but the air bags for the suspension had leaks. The estimate at the dealership was right around $2500. I dont even know why i got this expensive potential disaster. it will sit in the driveway, undriveable untill someone on craigslist decides that they want the problem"

Keep it until it dies!!

By on Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Pros: "It's a Range Rover."

Cons: "Gas sometimes, oil leaks"

"Where to begin! The look of the early 2000 still makes the Range Rover a good looking car in 2011! It has almost 12 years old and I just had a few problems with it. However I'm not disappointed at all. Its headlights cleared the way to Vegas so easily at 3 o'clock in the morning! Powerseats and my armrest made it so easy to find my best driving position and the ride is soooo great! It keeps accelerating well. The only thing that will make me selling it is if major oil leaks keep persisting because I can't afford much time and money for a car as a student. The sound system is awesome for a 2000 car by the way!!"

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"My 2001 Range Rover has left me stranged at least 5 times. Now they say I need a new engine and they can't find one for it. My $60,000 car is worth nothing."

I'm an advocate

By on Saturday, October 01, 2011

"We love our Range Rover. it has 184,000 miles with only a couple of repairs outside of normal maintenance. It goes anywhere. Drives like a cream puff on the road and handles everything we throw at it off road. Like any car with this mileage it has a few quirks but overall one of the best cars I have owned."

many many many repair one after the other!

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Reason: junk

Pros: "looks good thats it!"

Cons: "junk"

"If I could rate this car a zero I would. I had soo soo many problems with this car it was unreal. In the end I gave the car away. I only had the car three years and with many repairs totaling $6000 or more. buyer beware!"

Great quality trucks but pricey to maintain

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Good value, very luxurious with plenty of space"

Cons: "Keep money in the budget for repairs"

"I have owned 6 of these vehicles in the last few years. They all seem to have very similar issues....they are super luxurious and have extremely nice amenities. However, the common issues on these trucks is with the air ride, Heater core leaks and AC blendor motor issues. Aside from that, these are a great bang for the buck suv. My 2001 is just as nice as most brand new SUVs for a fraction of the price. They are liking riding around on your living room sofa. Having 4 wheel drive all the time makes this a pleasure to drive (especially in winter weather). My wife and I love them and will continue to own Range Rovers."

Comfortable but not reliable!

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Gas guzzler, expensive, and alarm system annoying!"

"This car is great... When its going. Wether its not starting due to an alarm problem, or what. It's a pain! The car has a certain feel to it though, when it's working i love it. Driving it is such an ease! I'm only sixteen and let me tell you, i drive great in this. But i hate how its unreliable. I love it but maybe think on getting a different car. :("

Love this vehicle !

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, had 90,000 mi check ,Classic"

"Little old lady owner, recent total check up, new tires, classic collectible , file with info available ..has suspension system that lowers for ease of getting in and out."

4.0 SE Range Rover- SOOO Comfortable!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Best Safety vehicle, Most Comfort-Looks Great!"

Cons: "VERY $$$ TO FIX-Hard to find parts-GAS GUZZLER!"

"It's comfort is undeniable..Have had many high end cars and this has the most comfort. Very Expensive to fix, and most places won't touch it, unless it is a RR/LR Dealer. Parts very hard to come by- not many Parts for my model are interchangeable, only made it a couple of years..But mine being a 1995- still had more options than most luxury vehs now..Ride is very smooth once air suspension was removed (common prob in this model).SuperLock is very expensive and almost always a problem in this veh.. Finding a replacement is impossible- cannot drive or even turn the car on without it. Travels nice- but is not a quick mover, but once your moving-your moving and don't even notice it. Can pull just abt anything. IT IS A GAS GUZZLER! Just turning on the veh- I can watch the gas tank empty. But even on ice, it is so heavy- I have never had a prob, usually just break through it..It is the safest veh ever- you get in an accident- guaranteed to walk away."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Great SUV. I have always wanted one of these, and when I finally got my hands on this one, all my expectations were met. In the sea of white Tahoes and Suburbans, the Range Rover is a breath of fresh air from the mundane and bland. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself. Cheers!"

This truck is an animal.

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Great overall."

Cons: "MPGs"

"I pulled my husband's Ford F250 with trailer attached out of three feet of snow. It can go anywhere. Great truck. Period."

Best pre-owned SUV for money

By on Monday, April 28, 2008

"I bought a 1996 Range Rover in Newport Beach,CA in Feb,08 as an additional go around weekend mountain bike ,towing boat and off road vehicle so I can park it next to my Conv. Jag XKR & Bentley Mulliner, The P38 chasis is magnificient rugged and it is still not outdated as of yet as far as look. i think I have paid the best $12,000 dollars that money could buy for a super low mileage 96 , one owner with all books & records Black on Black 4.6 HSE."

Luxury SUV

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"Yes it is expensive to buy new. But find a good used one and it's worth the deal. Throw some 20 inch wheels on this model and it completely transforms the look of this car."

safest we ever had

By on Sunday, September 02, 2007

"waited many years to save enough to buy a vehicle that is this reliable"

Collectible

By on Thursday, July 16, 2015

Pros: "Enjoy driving it."

Cons: "Does not use regular gas"

"Original owner. Has air suspension for lowering and raising for easy access or driving over creeks in off road driving. New tires, latest 90,000 mi check up,"

Love this car

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun, amazing in winter and bad weather, classic"

Cons: "chews up gas"

"This car is so awesome. I bought it for my mom but my family fell in love with it. We had a tough winter and it saved us. I hear these things last forever and my daughter says she wants it to be her car when she grows up."

Extraordinary. Greatest looking SUV ever!

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Unique Utilitarian Fun Reliable GreatSoundSystem !"

Cons: "Air Suspension wouldn't work at sub-0 degrees."

"Just love this vehicle, even at 20 years old, and would prefer to keep it forever, but purchased a newer vehicle to last the rest of my life {probably another 20 years)."

the most complicated car I have ever had

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"This car has so many problems that pop up continuously. The air suspension blows out often; and costs as much to fix as to buy a new car. The whole car is electric which makes it a huge pain to fix. Save yourself hassle."