1999 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

love it!

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "safety ride look"

Cons: "mpg"

"I own a 02 RR and have to say i love it!It looks and rides great never had any major problems ! MPG is the only flaw to this car. my wife toataled it the other day her and the kids walked away scratch free !The saftey of the R.R.is like no other!Im looking for another as we speak!"

Money Pit

By on Monday, May 11, 2009

"I own two Range Rovers, 2001 and 2002. I have a love hate relationship. I love the car and what it can do, but I hate it because the repair costs are astronomical especially when the EAS parts go. Brake pads and rotors wear quickly as do the tires. I also have a 2000 Discovery Series II. Not any better. If you like to go off road it's a great vehicle. Just be prepared to spend a good part of your paycheck keeping it up."

Very comfortable ride, expensive to maintain.

By on Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Anyone who has common sense or likes to keep their money should RUN not walk away from any preponderance of thought of purchasing one of these hunks of junk. While our Rover was well cared for (85K miles) by it's previous owner it was in the shop constantly. We poured over $7,000 over two years in repairs and upkeep. It makes no difference how well a Rover has been maintained. There are just to many parts that fail and electronics to ever keep up with. I will say it is VERY comfortable to drive when it runs and feels very solid on the road. Road noise is minimal. But the joy ends there. We never felt safe driving more than 100 miles from a mechanic. While the all time wheel drive is nice for the winter they should make these AWD disabled during no slip weather so one can get better than 12MPG. Anyone looking to go into the auto mechanic business should specialize in Rovers because you will make bank! RUN FROM THESE VEHICLES!! Don't be tempted by it's attractive style and British stance. You may be smitten but constantly bending over on repairs!"

marketing brilliance

By on Thursday, August 05, 2010

"I have to laugh reading some of these reviews. Love hate relationship for sure. I have had 2 Land Rovers, (Disco and RR) and both needed to have engine replaced. (Under warranty) The list of constant issues with these vehicles is mind boggling. (Too long to list) I literally have to cover my RR when it rains because it leaks ... this is a car which is positioned as a luxury vehicle for the outdoors? Put a 4.6 engine on any chassis, lock all 4 tires, and it will do well off road. But dont try to sell this car as having all of this off road performance because of its heritage/marketing. The vehicles that are being produced now have little resemblance to strengths this product grew out of. The popularity of this car is purely aesthetic, and that is why I own my second. Finding a utilitarian truck this size which has some style, but can get the job done, is difficult. But mechanically the trucks are a joke, cold hard facts."

Overengineered

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I own two Rangies, 89 & 96, and each has unique issues. They do have a tendency to let the oil out and the water in. I have driven them across North America (Florida to Deadhorse) and have determined they will be broke upon arrival but can get you anywhere. I've tried every crisis situation (crashes into Semi's - Swiss Army knife helped, three wheel driving, jack-knifing) and still love the buggers though they have co$t me dearly. They don't like the cold but love gas stations with premium petrol. Keep a mechanic with AMEX in your back pocket or get ready to get greasy. Awesome styling and comfort and extremely rugged. Watch the air bags in cold as they and the air suspension can be problematic and the bump stops hurt to ride on. Try Rovers North or Atlantic British for parts."