1997 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 117 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

4.0 SE Range Rover- SOOO Comfortable!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Best Safety vehicle, Most Comfort-Looks Great!"

Cons: "VERY $$$ TO FIX-Hard to find parts-GAS GUZZLER!"

"It's comfort is undeniable..Have had many high end cars and this has the most comfort. Very Expensive to fix, and most places won't touch it, unless it is a RR/LR Dealer. Parts very hard to come by- not many Parts for my model are interchangeable, only made it a couple of years..But mine being a 1995- still had more options than most luxury vehs now..Ride is very smooth once air suspension was removed (common prob in this model).SuperLock is very expensive and almost always a problem in this veh.. Finding a replacement is impossible- cannot drive or even turn the car on without it. Travels nice- but is not a quick mover, but once your moving-your moving and don't even notice it. Can pull just abt anything. IT IS A GAS GUZZLER! Just turning on the veh- I can watch the gas tank empty. But even on ice, it is so heavy- I have never had a prob, usually just break through it..It is the safest veh ever- you get in an accident- guaranteed to walk away."

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "luxurious 4 wheel drive for date nite and play"

Cons: "Somewhat pricey repairs otherwise none"

"I bought my Range Rover at an auction because it had low miles and I needed a four wheel drive to pull boats and jet skis. I have not been disappointed and it has rapidly become my vehicle of choice for everything. The mpg are not any worse than your std SUV or 4-wheel drive truck. Maintenance is a little pricey but you an find most parts on the internet or junk yards for a reasonable amount. I can take this car places I could never take my truck or jeeps. It is very luxurious and has all kinds of bells and whistles that my spouse likes and the utility that I enjoy. It has immaculate interior design with climate control and heated leather seats, GPS on and off road, my air bags suspension system were converted to air shocks and springs and a lift added with over sized premium tires ect. Initially it had a lot of alarms and lights going off when I first got it but all of those are worked out now. Absolutely an amazing vehicle!!! It is a special outdoors man vehicle. I was a little scared I had gotten myself into a mess when I first started pricing parts but thanks to the internet i found a great vehicle for an even better bargain than I could have imagined."

95 RRC SW~Looks,drives great after all these years

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Design,Harmon Kardon Ster,interior/exterior color"

Cons: "Likes to leak oil~"

1995 RRC County Beluga Black

"I have in my opinion the best Range Rover Classic ever, a 1995 RRC County in Beluga Black. It's been an extremely reliable rig, ofcourse not without it's proper maintenance such as oil and filter changes and preventive details to ensure it keeps running smooth. Sure, I've replaced and repaired lil things that break off, etc... This timeless beauty is a "rolling project or restoration" as of now,meaning replace suspension components, respray, headliner etc...Suspension has been converted to coil springs and has new Borla exhaust system, which surprisingly gives me 21-22MPG on freeway. Just know, any vintage vehicle will need money put in, if it is to be running and looking it's best!"

1995 RRC County Beluga Black

great drive

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "classic looks, comfortable, very quiet."

Cons: "really i have none, got a good one i guess?"

"i have had many cars, this is one of the most comfortable rides i've had. this includes my caddy, lincoln, mercury, infiniti, mercedes,the only car i can compare this to in comfort is my peugeot, the gas mileage is not to bad as long as you don't really put your foot into it. very safe and a feel that you are in command of the road."

If it's Good Enough for Her Majesty....

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfort and versatility"

Cons: "Air Suspension can get wonky, electrical issues"

"A RR is the epitome of "command seating" and whereas it has it's electrical issues and odd problems (air suspension, climate control) it is still a wonderful ride. Most LR/RR owners I know love and adore their trucks and will spend an inordinate amount of money... but I have put 80K miles on the vehicle, earning a solid 20mpg and have replaced $2000 in repairs over an 8 year period... you do the math. .... and all the while I had the safest, most fun of any one on the road.... we call ours the "magnificent beast".... Does it leak? Of course... "it is a British design feature.. it insures you know you still have oil in the car..""