1996 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 119 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

great drive

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "classic looks, comfortable, very quiet."

Cons: "really i have none, got a good one i guess?"

"i have had many cars, this is one of the most comfortable rides i've had. this includes my caddy, lincoln, mercury, infiniti, mercedes,the only car i can compare this to in comfort is my peugeot, the gas mileage is not to bad as long as you don't really put your foot into it. very safe and a feel that you are in command of the road."

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Thursday, October 28, 2010

"if you want to go out there and buy a 80,000 dollar car, it should be perfect. however, i was not willing to do that, i bought this car for 9,000 i've driven it through some horrible snow storms, flash floods, through washed out roads. Everything mother nature has thrown at me i've driven through. My 2000 range rover has never let me down. When i first bought it, it has sports tires, and i drove it through a winter with no problem. The next winter i bought snow tires,and never took them off, no problems in the summer either. For the money it is the most capable car out there. Not only that though, but it has style, and class. It looks good on a dry sunny day. You can pull up to the club and still get people saying wow thats a nice car. When i was in high school, people used to think i payed 20k for my red range rover. It has a great ride to it, and has always been there for me. My only recommendation is that you research the car out before you buy it and make sure you are getting the right deal and the right car, after that go have fun. One last thing i would like to add is that living in the city, you need the handling and acceleration to get through traffic, i am an aggressive driver. I have never gotten in an accident with my range rover, the way it handles itself through traffic is amazing. It gets you to where you need to go with grace. Then when your on the highway, just open it up and let it rip, its fast. It gets up there into triple digits with ease, and it does so keeping its handling at par. It is truly a great car for the money."

Real SUV

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"My 2001 4.6 HSE is the most solid and sturdy 4x4 SUV I have ever ridden in. Bought in 2007 with 50,000 miles on it. Runs solid but here is what I recommend very highly. Get extended warranty. Issues - air suspension went out at 85,000 miles. New air suspension would run $3K to $4K. Definitely convert to coil springs with 1-inch lift and Old Man Emu shocks. I find the ride way smoother with springs. Multi disk CD just broke. Have had to replace the following from 50,000 to 100,000miles - suspension, air accumulator, radiator, battery, pads, rotars, valve cover gasket. You get my point - super high maintence but none of these should ever need to be repalced again except pads, battery and rotars. Bottom line - most stylish, comfortable,dominant, classy off road vehicle ever but be prepared to spend $1,000 to $2,000 a year in this love affair."

Not Impressed

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"Every day that goes by I wish I had bought a Lexus 470 or similar. This car's quality problems are monumental. I have spent enough in repair on this car to buy a new Kia, what a nightmare."

RR

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"I have had this vehicle for 4 years and I love it, definitely have to repair it often though ...he are the things I repaired so far Radiator, Rotors after 4Ok, Wheel hub assembly, Both rear air shocks, ac condensor, several faults that had to be reset, oxygen sensors there are 4, and a lot of stupid little things.....but In the plus everyone looks at you like your royalty when you drive in one....I will prolly keep this truck for the winter but would not buy another, to many repair bills and a supreme gas guzzzler that only takes premium................AHHHHHHHHHHHH"