1995 Land Rover Range Rover

7.3

Based on 117 Ratings for the 1995 - 2002 models.

7.6/10
    7.2/10

Extraordinary. Greatest looking SUV ever!

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "Unique Utilitarian Fun Reliable GreatSoundSystem !"

Cons: "Air Suspension wouldn't work at sub-0 degrees."

"Just love this vehicle, even at 20 years old, and would prefer to keep it forever, but purchased a newer vehicle to last the rest of my life {probably another 20 years)."

Love this vehicle !

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, had 90,000 mi check ,Classic"

"Little old lady owner, recent total check up, new tires, classic collectible , file with info available ..has suspension system that lowers for ease of getting in and out."

An exceptional vehicle

By on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pros: "Not many out there."

Cons: "misunderstood. yet that ensures it's eccentricity"

"Let's be honest, this is not a honda, toyota, or any other type of zero to low maintance vehicle. It's a Range Rover. Are they overpriced when new? Absolutly. Is the build quality/price ratio way out of balance? Of course. Yet it is probably one of the most under appreciated vehicles out there by people who do not understand it. Driving an older RR says a few things about you. Not 'I have a lot of money' or an inflated ego', if that were the case then you'd buy as new a one as you could afford. Driving a P38 or RRC says you're unique and a bit odd, but in a good way. You appreciate what an amazingly different vehicle it really is. You need to have the funds to keep it well maintained. But when it's maintained it's a great ride!"

Great car, just don't expect great reliability.

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "comfort, function, awesome in bad road conditions"

Cons: "Leaks, expensive to maintain and repair"

"Disclaimer: my rating matches how i think this car compares to others, not my feelings toward the car. Bought my 2000 Range Rover HSK 4.6 used and have had it for five years. I love it to death for some reason even though its given me trouble over the years. I wouldn't recommend a rover to anyone that doesn't plan on maintaining it themselves unless they have a pile of money they're itching to burn though. I've done all the work on mine myself and it's been a bit spendy just for parts, couldn't imagine what shop costs would have added up to by now. WHAT I LIKE: its very comfortable and functional. No pointless luxury items like a lot of luxury cars that you have no use for. Has great features that make it amazing in bad driving conditions like snow and sand including the fact that it weighs a lot for it's size. Resale value is terrible; yes I see this as a pro since I got my childhood dream car for almost a tenth of what it retails new. WHAT I DONT LIKE: LEAKS! Pretty much every thing that contains something has leaked or is leaking since it was built. It's what British cars do though. So I've spent a fair bit of time and some money chasing leaks. If it's not a major leak "stop leak" products are my good friend. I've started keeping stop leaks in the oil and coolant at all times regardless of a known leak or not. A lot of people seem to have trouble with the air suspension, but I have been lucky/ proactive in that area. I had one air bag start leaking and just went ahead and switched all four to the gen 3 bags that have a bit better ride and claim to last much longer. FINAL WORDS: I love it... I probably shouldn't for all the trouble its given me including what's mentioned above, both front door latches failing, and going through an alternator, but I do. Maybe I just have a weird attachment to my vehicles, but I don't look forward to getting rid of this one like I'm currently debating."

Expensive repairs gas guzzling 5000 lb monster

By on Monday, January 28, 2013

Pros: "the awd system, interior room is spacious, luxury"

Cons: "EXPENSIVE!!! AND NOT A SINGLE CUP HOLDER"

"Yes this vehicle has had many great reviews, but heres my range rover story for the short period that it was running while i owned it. From the dealership who ripped me off, it was everything i expected and then some. A short month after, the heater core goes. Disconnected/bypassed it. Cool no heat in this 10 degree weather. Was cold but still driving. never did take it to the dealership to get an estimate for repair because i just knew it would be out of my budget. So a month after that, my compressor for my air ride suspension goes. Okay so i found a compressor for $350, ill install it myself.....what was i thinking? its a range rover, you cant install a tire valve cap yourself, everything must be done at a certified dealership who will surely charge 4 times more than what is considered "reasonable dealer pricing." Not only did the compressor burn out, but the air bags for the suspension had leaks. The estimate at the dealership was right around $2500. I dont even know why i got this expensive potential disaster. it will sit in the driveway, undriveable untill someone on craigslist decides that they want the problem"

4.0 SE Range Rover- SOOO Comfortable!

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Best Safety vehicle, Most Comfort-Looks Great!"

Cons: "VERY $$$ TO FIX-Hard to find parts-GAS GUZZLER!"

"It's comfort is undeniable..Have had many high end cars and this has the most comfort. Very Expensive to fix, and most places won't touch it, unless it is a RR/LR Dealer. Parts very hard to come by- not many Parts for my model are interchangeable, only made it a couple of years..But mine being a 1995- still had more options than most luxury vehs now..Ride is very smooth once air suspension was removed (common prob in this model).SuperLock is very expensive and almost always a problem in this veh.. Finding a replacement is impossible- cannot drive or even turn the car on without it. Travels nice- but is not a quick mover, but once your moving-your moving and don't even notice it. Can pull just abt anything. IT IS A GAS GUZZLER! Just turning on the veh- I can watch the gas tank empty. But even on ice, it is so heavy- I have never had a prob, usually just break through it..It is the safest veh ever- you get in an accident- guaranteed to walk away."

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "luxurious 4 wheel drive for date nite and play"

Cons: "Somewhat pricey repairs otherwise none"

"I bought my Range Rover at an auction because it had low miles and I needed a four wheel drive to pull boats and jet skis. I have not been disappointed and it has rapidly become my vehicle of choice for everything. The mpg are not any worse than your std SUV or 4-wheel drive truck. Maintenance is a little pricey but you an find most parts on the internet or junk yards for a reasonable amount. I can take this car places I could never take my truck or jeeps. It is very luxurious and has all kinds of bells and whistles that my spouse likes and the utility that I enjoy. It has immaculate interior design with climate control and heated leather seats, GPS on and off road, my air bags suspension system were converted to air shocks and springs and a lift added with over sized premium tires ect. Initially it had a lot of alarms and lights going off when I first got it but all of those are worked out now. Absolutely an amazing vehicle!!! It is a special outdoors man vehicle. I was a little scared I had gotten myself into a mess when I first started pricing parts but thanks to the internet i found a great vehicle for an even better bargain than I could have imagined."

95 RRC SW~Looks,drives great after all these years

By on Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pros: "Design,Harmon Kardon Ster,interior/exterior color"

Cons: "Likes to leak oil~"

1995 RRC County Beluga Black

"I have in my opinion the best Range Rover Classic ever, a 1995 RRC County in Beluga Black. It's been an extremely reliable rig, ofcourse not without it's proper maintenance such as oil and filter changes and preventive details to ensure it keeps running smooth. Sure, I've replaced and repaired lil things that break off, etc... This timeless beauty is a "rolling project or restoration" as of now,meaning replace suspension components, respray, headliner etc...Suspension has been converted to coil springs and has new Borla exhaust system, which surprisingly gives me 21-22MPG on freeway. Just know, any vintage vehicle will need money put in, if it is to be running and looking it's best!"

1995 RRC County Beluga Black

great drive

By on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Pros: "classic looks, comfortable, very quiet."

Cons: "really i have none, got a good one i guess?"

"i have had many cars, this is one of the most comfortable rides i've had. this includes my caddy, lincoln, mercury, infiniti, mercedes,the only car i can compare this to in comfort is my peugeot, the gas mileage is not to bad as long as you don't really put your foot into it. very safe and a feel that you are in command of the road."

If it's Good Enough for Her Majesty....

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfort and versatility"

Cons: "Air Suspension can get wonky, electrical issues"

"A RR is the epitome of "command seating" and whereas it has it's electrical issues and odd problems (air suspension, climate control) it is still a wonderful ride. Most LR/RR owners I know love and adore their trucks and will spend an inordinate amount of money... but I have put 80K miles on the vehicle, earning a solid 20mpg and have replaced $2000 in repairs over an 8 year period... you do the math. .... and all the while I had the safest, most fun of any one on the road.... we call ours the "magnificent beast".... Does it leak? Of course... "it is a British design feature.. it insures you know you still have oil in the car..""