• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

GREAT SUV

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Great looks,Great performance,and wonderful suv to drive!"

sporty but reliabiltiy detracts

By on Friday, November 13, 2009

"Owned this vehicle since March 2006 and now have 55000 miles. Handling and braking are outstanding. Styling continues to impress. Would rather have higher profile tires to withstand damage better. You have to be very careful off-road and even near curbs. Big disappointment is reliability. Many annoying issues early on with such things as active headlights, false low coolant warnings, etc. But biggest issue happened with just 250 miles left on warranty - front differential went out while driving on interstate. Nasty grinding noise required me to pull over and get towed. Probably would have cost me a couple thousand to repair if out of warranty."

Unreliable Suspension

By on Thursday, March 06, 2008

"I bought my range rover sport in October 2006. It only has 17,000 miles and I already had to take it in to the dealership 3 times and towed twice because the front suspension of the car has gone out for various electronic reasons. The automatic lights and automatic windshield wipers have stopped working and had to be fixed by the dealership. They had to replace the entire front windshield to get the automated wipers to work again. When the vehicle is operational it is absolutely great in the city and off-road. I've taken it on 2 Land Rover sponsored off-road events and a few moderate excursions of my own. It does well in sand and handles great in snow as well. Although it is a great vehicle, I plan to trade it in or sell it before the warranty expires. Repairs are very expensive if not covered under the warranty and I definitely don't trust the suspension system to hold up for very long before it breaks again."

I was told It had Quality Issues - They were right

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

I own this car

Pros: "Amazing design, great drive, best looks..."

Cons: "Poor quality of the car and of service, it breaks!"

"I purchased this Range Sport HSE, although I was told that Land Rovers had Quality Issues. The car is so beautifull and drives so well that I could not resist it! What a Mistake! I keep having quality issues on: the bearings, the dashboard clock, the parking brake, now it's the steering.... What next??? It is a shame, since the car is great, but I am terribly sorry for my purchase decision."

Don't buy unless under warranty

By on Saturday, March 06, 2010

"I have had my car for over 2 years now, 2 sets of tires ($1400 each time)and brakes($1300 each time). Water pump, AC compressor, steering rod, all failed but under warranty. Still had to pay the deductible. Looks better than all the headaches."

Dream vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, tons of useful features"

Cons: "Repairs can be costly, plan ahead"

"We considered a wide range of luxury vehicles when we purchased the Sport. Nothing else came close in ride and comfort. It's the ideal car for long road trips, and the gas mileage isn't as bad as we expected. We have regularly achieved 21 MPG in freeway driving through the mountains of Idaho, Utah, Montana, and Wyoming averaging 75 to 80 MPH. For a big SUV the luggage area is a tad cramped, surprisingly . It's not so bad for us since there is just two of us and we can use the back seat. It is a pleasure to ride and drive. The seating positions are comfortable and help reduce road fatigue. We have spent 14 hour days in the car between the two of us and have been floored by how far we can get at highway speeds. We did have to replace the air suspension in 2012. But we expected that and we purchased an extended warranty with no deductible which has really paid off with that and a new radio unit. We really can't imagine traveling in any other car now due to the comfort and refinement we love in the Sport, which looks better than any other of Land Rover's products. We love this SUV!"

My favorite vehicle!

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Luxurious ride, performance handling, power!"

Cons: "Price tag, but just keep it a year or so longer."

2006 Vesuvius Range Rover Sport S/C

"I bought my 2006 Vesuvius (orange) Range Rover Sport S/C back in 2005 with 30 miles on it. Now I have around 104000 miles on it and it drives like new still. I love this vehicle! I am currently looking for one with lower miles for my wife because she keeps wanting to take mine! If you are going to buy new then don't be affraid to hang on to it until at least 100k miles. I love this vehicle so much the only thing that would make me get rid of it is the new 2012 Range Rover Sport S/C! I wouldn't bother with other vehicles..."

2006 Vesuvius Range Rover Sport S/C

Love this SUV

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Looks, performance, quality of vehicle"

Cons: "Would love a 3rd row of seats"

"I fell in love with this car the first time I saw it. I've now owned it for over 2 years and can honestly say it is by far the highest quality vehicle I've ever owned. I have teenagers and even they love to be seen in this car."

no complaints so far

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "acceleration, handling"

Cons: "no voice command for this year model."

"the vehicle handles well..like the new features...like it much better than the '08...the iphone/ipod integration is very user friendly, the gas mileage actually exceeds the advertised mileage..."

Is it worth it?

By on Wednesday, February 02, 2011

"I have owned a 2008 and was fortunate enough to run the vehicle through its paces. We have a winter home in the mountains and we have a 20-30 degree driveway to get up with snow. My wife's 450GL has slippage on the driveway so I use the Sport to pack down the driveway so she can get to the house. I had no worries and felt extremely safe in this vehicle both off road and in inclement weather. The adjustable traction setting is a real plus to adjust as road and weather conditions change. This car is heavy - heavier than a Hummer and its poor gas mileage shows 12-14 mpg combined means you are visiting the pump often. The standard Continental 255/50/r19 tires have a tough time making it to 19000 miles. Breaks require pad replacement to stop this heavy beast in city traffic. . Interior refinement is plush but my teens hated the uncomfortable headrests and the angle of the rear sheet. The rear seat can be claustrophobic. The Unextended headrest in the second seats digs into your shoulders. When they are raised it blocks the rear window visibility. There are blind spots in the rear corners of the vehicle. The heated seats are a real joy in cold weather. I do wish it had more cargo capacity. Taking a family of four plus a dog in the cargo area on a weekend trip and you have little room for luggage and snow boards and skis will be poking people in the head. All in all its a luxury vehicle that want to be off road or an off roader that wants some comfort. I think there are less expensive vehicles that provide better performance and value but if you want to pay extra for perceived snooty power than be my guest."

Powerful, Luxurious Ride

By on Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Trading in my '04 GMC Yukon, I was worried about sacrificing space, leg room and engine capability. I quickly overcame that after driving the 2013 RR Sport. I'm a tall guy and I have plenty of room for both my legs and head. The features inside are fantastic and work well. Comfortable seats. Super soft sterring wheel. Adequate NAV system and Radio features. Bluetooth was easy to pair to my iPhone 5. What sold me was the way it drove and handled. The motor is strong and has the power you need when you need it. Looking forward to taking this off-road."

Great styling.....poor quality

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great styling, very comfortable to drive."

Cons: "Poor quality, low reliability."

"I've had this vehicle now for 7 months. Great styling, very comfortable to drive. It has been back to the dealership 5 times with a list of defects. Replaced the water pump, check engine light comes on frequently, replaced gas cap and seal, now rear hatch has started opening intermittently, even while driving. Would not recommend this vehicle to a friend and I'll be selling well before it comes off warranty."

Great Powerful SUV

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

"The Range Rover Sport is a great SUV. It has unbelievable off road capabilities and can handle any weather conditions. It is very well built and the supercharged model is fast and furious. It handles well and has been easy to maintain. Its only draw back is it gives low gas mileage around town - avg 12 MPG. The highway is better at about 21MPG"

absolutely no problems...what a surprise

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "great value, no hassles, drives like a sedan"

Cons: "bad Navigation, weak bluetooth"

"this is our second RRSport... driven them over 100k in total and our only complaints are that the blue tooth to the phone sucks, the rear seats are not made for long distance travel and the NAV system is from the dark ages... have had no mechanical issues with either one and both have been solid and things like tires and brakes have lasted much longer than comparable vehicles. Still gets comments at the car wash!"

Love my truck. Need to get into a lower payment.

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "like no other SUV. Great performance."

Cons: "expensive to maintain. hard on gas"

"Love the truck. Wish I could keep it forever. Due to income changes, I need to find something less expensive to maintain."

More Money More Problems

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"I spent to much money on a car that isn't worth it. I like the style and I always wanted one but never again.. My check engine light stays on my check fuel cap light stays on it shuts off going down the road... My rubber around the windows faded and the one on the windsheid came off twice.."

Very James Bond

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"I bought a Range Rover Sport last year and have only good things to say about it. The included service is nice to have and there is no other vehicle like it on the road. It is an almost uncomfortably cool vehicle to have and gets a little more attention than I'd like, but that's part of the fun of having it I suppose. The fuel economy is about the same as a pickup. Around town the mileage is pretty bad, but the freeway yields about 20 mpg when I'm not driving aggressively. The heated windshield is nice to have, but under some lighting the integral heating elements can be a little distracting. Overall I am happy with it and find it's kind of a James Bond style SUV."

Best SUV money can buy.

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking, used are reasonably priced, fast,"

Cons: "MPG"

"Great SUV, has enough power to win at red light races if that's you thing. But honestly, this car can go fast but it's much more enjoyable when driving normal. Great ride, feels really refined. Doesn't feel like a heavy vehicle. Taken it on long trips and isn't tiring, and pretty reliable. Buy warranty if you can because service on these cars are expensive. Definitely one of the best looking SUVs. Interior is okay. It's nice, looks very attractive. This SUV screams you have money, many people stare and look when driving by. Everywhere you go, people compliment it. MPG could be better, even with a very light foot, I can't do better than 14 in the city. HWY is way better with a light foot in HWY I can manage 23 mpg."

Don't Buy the 2014 Range Rover Sport SE Model

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Eye Catching Vehicle; Drives Great"

Cons: "Lacking Features;Terrible Base Model;Sound System"

"A previous 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharge owner, I went to my local dealer and they only had the SE models. While my mistake for not doing more homework, this is NOT A LUXURY SUV. While its very beautiful from the outside talk about a lack of features and a horrible sounding speaker system. No Homelink so I had to find my old garage door opener (Really a $65,000 Luxury SUV and this is not standard!!). No heated front seats, and a 250 watt 8 speaker that absolutely is junk (Meridian suppose to be all that and more. A rental car from Hertz or Avis has better sounding speakers. I will be back on the market in much sooner time and unfortunately Land Rover's decision to have a base model $65,000 SUV where it has LR2, LR4 and Evoque as lower end models has be baffled. I expected more. Don't buy the SE model. Make sure it is an HSE model which has most of the base feature a luxury vehicle should have. A complete disgrace by Land Rover. I would have spend the extra $5K to $10K easily for the HSE model and maybe the extra $20K to get the V8 or even that $30K plus to get the Autobiography. If you simply want your friends knowing you drive a Land Rover, buy the $30K LR2 until you have at least $75K to spend. I'm so disgusted with this purchase. Dumb executive decision to launch such a striped down version of the RR Sport (SE). Complete waste of money. I should have purchased a souped up Cadillac Escalade for the same price."

Great car.

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Design, quality, drive."

Cons: "Gas consumption"

"The car is beautiful, powerful, fast, and to my surprise extremely reliable."

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "solid, reliable, great in any weather"

Cons: "none...going to buy another one..."

"Bought the car new eight years ago and it has been almost completely trouble free. Solid, reliable, and fun."

Love-Hate relationship.

By on Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I love my range rover sport supercharged... However, there is always something happening! Whether it be an air vent breaking, the dvd system failing, or anything in between, there is always something that has to be done. Range Rover's are super stylish. Plain and simple. They are not practical though.. 12ish mpg is terrible for a car that isn't that fast to begin. The car show's wear very easily. I love the car though. As strange as that may sound.."

My favorite SUV

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I upgraded from a BMW X5 and I definately love this truck way more! The handling is unbeatable!"

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

By on Thursday, April 19, 2007

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Range Rover Sport near Honolulu. See local deals