2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $37,976 - $39,629.

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

7.6

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

6.7/10

Grood bang for the buck!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Feature packed, great looks, off road capable"

Cons: "New model bugs, could use more storage"

"You definitely get what you pay for. Camparable crossovers (VW Toureg, BMW X3/X5, Audi Q5, etc.) may start off less, but once you add the options to match the pure plus w/premium package, the others end up being way more than the evoque. Value 8/10: For the amount of features you get and the luxury brand name, it's a decent price. Reliability 6/10: While I've had no safety issues, I've still had to bring the vehicle in for minor things here and there. It's a real pain in the rear when you live about 100 miles from the nearest dealership, not to the mention the unnecessary miles you have to put on your car. From reading other owner reviews, it seems this is a mixed bag and some have problems while others have seen nothing. Too early to tell though. Quality 8/10: excellent materials and well assembled, but I do have to ding a couple points since things are already "breaking" so soon. Driving Dynamics 9/10: Solid performance, great feel, good fuel economy. -1 point as there is noticeable turbo lag and if you don't feather the throttle properly, the sudden turbo kick can be quite unexpected. Design 10/10: There's no denying it. This thing looks amazing. From the head turning headlights and body lines, to the luxurious interior, the Evoque definitely has the "wow" factor. Comfort & Convenience 8/10: While it fits 4-5 adults quite comfortably, the storage is lacking. Not that big of a deal as a city cruiser/commuter. This can be remedied by laying down the rear seats, but you give up the rear seating. It can also be offset by having roof rails, but they aren't standard like a lot of other crossovers in this price range and cost quite a bit as a separate accessory. Overall 8/10: This thing is awesome given that you can accept the drawbacks here and there, but hey what relationship doesn't have its flaws? The things that I've had issues with so far aren't bad considering that you keep in mind that this is a first year model. Overall, I love my Evoque!"

Worst car

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "Exterior"

Cons: "Everything else"

"Bought car January 2. Towed after 1 week. All warning lights came on no power steering, car would not shift to another gear. Everything. Took one week to repair. Module replaced. Smart keys stopped working this week. Called everyone to complain. Called first time and this time also. Said I have warranty and they stand behind. No help. Poor service to make sure car one month old repaired. I have owned 20 cars from for focus to Infiniti and this is the worst. Car towed again today."

WORST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "great styling"

Cons: "EVERYTHING.....JUST PLAIN JUNK"

"I bought this car in March, 2013 and it has now been in for service for a total of seven weeks to date and the problems have still not been fixed. All four doors needed to be fixed for rattling, the transmission seized up, the sound system does not operate properly, the driver's side window will not seal so it sounds like it's open all the time. I've owned over twenty cars and this is the worst car ever. It looks great but everything else is just plain junk. Buyer beware....do not get sucked in by the great styling."

Best vehicle Ive ever owned

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "styling,brand,amazing feel to drive,exclusivity"

Cons: "nothing perfect car"

"The Evoque represents every thing i looked for when i went to purchase a car.Something that was unique with great gas mileage but still gave me that exotic luxurious and unique feel and styling.Also not everybody had one and when people do see it they stare with envy. The whole over all quality of this car inside and out is and probably will be the best car i will every purchase, im glad i walked into the dealership that day."

Wonderful car and very reliable

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Beauty in and out"

Cons: "Slow from a dead stop"

"Long turbo lag from a complete stop so it's slow to start out but then has nice pickup,especially given the 4 cylinder. Beautifully styled inside and out and with no reliability issues. No squeaks or wear after 42000 miles."

great

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful to look at."

Cons: "Price"

"This SUV is so comfortable it unbelievable and the seats are the best I've ever sat in. The steering is so responsive and turns on a dime. I hope you like attention because that what you'll get driving one. Gas mileage is good. The engine is fast and willing. It's works well off road. Love the 825 watt stereo."

Best SUV Ever

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Awesome exterior and interior, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Limited storage when back seats are not folded."

"The Evoque Dynamic has it all. Great body style, comfortable interior, all the bells and whistles. Driving this vehicle is such a pleasure with the engine/transmission combination that is standard with this vehicle. I enjoy this vehicle so much that I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in a compact SUV. It is at the high end of the price points for compacts...but you are buying a "range rover" and it is expected to be higher priced than others in its class. It is worth every penny, it is the best of the best."

AWESOME, LOVE IT

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

"LITTLE PRICEY,ALTHOUGH WORTH IT. A MUST DRIVE TO EXPERIENCE IT'S WOW FACTOR. ONLY DOWNFALL FOR THIS VEHICLE IS YOU CAN'T GET ANY PERFORMANCE MODIFICATION PARTS AS OF YET."

better than my bmw. quality interior.20mpg in town

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "driveability"

Cons: "rear vision limited"

"bought may 2012. paddle shift is a dream. takes a hard corner like it's on rails. some tire noise, but not obtrusive. interior leather beautiful and wears well. great passing ability at high speed. floats on trips like a butterfly. it's a pleasure in every since of the word."

Disappointed

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "Love the styling, comfort, mileage power"

Cons: "Interior not as luxurious for the money"

"I am disappointed with my Evoque. I have had it 4 months and it has been back to the dealer twice within two weeks. It has 5,500 miles but now I am having issues with the tires and coolant. When the temperature drops more than 10 degrees, the tires lose air and the sensor light comes on. The dealer has had to fill the tires twice so far. The next thing that just happened was the coolant light came on. Brought it in again and it needed coolant. Dealer said to expect to bring it back a few more times. For the money I paid, I am disgusted and thinking of trading it already. Now I am thinking I should have gotten the Infinit FX35 or FX50 or the Lexus."

2012 Range Rover Evoque

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Cute fun car"

Cons: "Too many electrical and mechanical problems"

"Worst car ever! I would really love my car if I didnt have all the mechanical and electrical problems! I have taken my car to get fixed for the coolant leaking into the oil. It seems as though my car is in the shop more than I have it. Not to mention the customer service is awful. It is one thing to have a bad car but it is another thing to have a bad car and horrible customer service (Corporate Office)."

coolest looking vehicle on the road

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "terrific exterior looks...great interior design"

Cons: "holder for sunglasses is not a good fit"

"Got the zanzibar color evoque with contrast roof and the black package and its the best looking vehicle on the road. Some super cool features (1)Panoramic roof allows great views from inside esp from the back seats (2) Smart key where you can open the door even with the keys in your bag or pocket. Lock the vehicle with a touch on the door handle (and it doesnt lock if you forgot the keys inside the car) (3) Self-parallel parking - great for tight spots (4) Tons of cool features on the Infotainment system. Also, great service from the dealerships - free car washes, free dent removal, 24x7 country-wide emergency support. I was earlier also looking at BMW as an option and I'm so glad i bought the Evoque."

I HATE MY EVOQUE

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, gadgets, ride, and sound system"

Cons: "Horrible Transmission with abrupt downshifts"

"This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle"

Great styling, but features don't all work

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Engine"

Cons: "Transmission, Navigation, Dash UI"

"I bought this Evoque Pure Premium to replace a BMW x3. Surprisingly for me, I like the small 4-cylinder turbocharged engine. It has enough power, and the ECO mode is non-instrusive. And with the right dash display, I can play at hyper-miling. I get pretty good fuel economy for my primarily short urban trips - usually above 20 and sometimes nearing 30 MPG. The styling is all very nice, but not unique in this neighborhood. The styling has a drawback and that is lack of storage. Unbelievably, I cannot even fit a golf bag in the trunk, without removing the driver. I should have compared this to Golfs or Imprezas for all the space it has. My 5'9" father-in-law bumps his head every time he gets in the front passenger seat. The 9-speed transmission has some real issues where it will not get in the right gear, and when it does the results are jarring. Sometimes starts in 3rd or 4th gear even when flooring the accelerator - probably 2 seconds to get to 5 MPH. Parking on a slope, place the car in reverse, put foot on accelerator and car rolls 2 feet forward before reverse engages. Starting out , the transmission might not be in gear, engine revs to 3000 RPM and then the car jerks - first gear this time... The center screen unit (navigation and such) is horrendous - it is very slow and the interface looks like it was designed backwards. I went to take my daughter to a soccer game at a school 10 miles away and my wife still could not get the destination entered in the navigation system before I got there through guessing the route - we knew the street and the name of the school, but the Evoque would not accept them - finally it found it if we entered the telephone number!?!. Want to use the cameras to see around while parking (visibility is poor in this car)? Ok, choose Home (physical button), then Extra Features, then Cameras, then Camera Icon, then Special Views, then finally Kerb View. Six steps to get to what should be a convenience feature needed in a hurry - 20 seconds minimum. The navigation map is poor. The auto-zoom feature does not work and you have to manually change the zoom - four clicks on the screen to do that. And then even at the highest zooms you cannot see the names of the roads around you. And when you have any other zoom level, you cannot see the roads at all. Most of the time, unless you are on the interstate or the largest state highways, you will be shown in a green field with plenty of topographical features but no roads. In Washington DC, I can be driving down a major commuter road and only that road shows up - not a single cross street on the entire map. Ever wanted to take a traffic diversion and rush hour, but not sure if the side street connect or are one-way? Better bring a smart phone in the Evoque, because that is the only way to find out. Smart phone integration is decent - bluetooth for phone and audio. When Bluetooth audio is selected, it restarts the audio when it reconnects and displays the song names usually. But again slowness issues - it sometimes takes a minute to connect to bluetooth audio and even longer for the bluetooth phone (5 minutes in some cases), so it you need to make a call on the trip to the grocery store, you must manually connect it."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Quality of materials and overall design"

Cons: "Sputtering, Constant issues"

"I would never have bought this car knowing what I now know. Its been to the dealership 4 times, 2 of which were recalls. There is a constant sputtering when I push on the gas and climb a hill. Quality of materials are outstanding and the ride is very nice though it could be a bit quieter. Navigation stinks as does the phone interface. Visibility is bad but I knew that when I bought it because I love the look of the car, though I doubt I look good sputtering uphill."

Best and only SUV Coupe in its class and market

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"Ride it to believe it, luxury aside, best fuel economy you can get in an SUV with V4 engine and more than 250 hp gives this beast a hand above every other Luxury compact SUV out there. The looks are amazing, specially the pan atomic glass roof matches nothing in the market. The multiple driving options helps you drive it in all weather road off road conditions. It's a must have vehicle for street urban as well as off road adventures."

AWESOME THIS IS A TOUGH MADE CAR!

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "LOVE TO DRIVE"

Cons: "BAD GAS MILEAGE"

"WELL, I HAVE TO SAY, I LOVE MY EVOGUE, HOWEVER, THE GAS MILEAGE IS BAD, ONLY THING I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT CAR, PERIOD, EVRYTHING ELSE IS BANGING.....LOVE THE EVOGUES, NOTHING LIKE THEM , IF YOU WANT A TOUGH CAR, GET IT, BUT KEEP IN MIND, YOUR BUYING A BEAUTIFUL MACHINE TO DRIVE, WHY WOULD WE TAKE IT IN THE MOUNTAINS ON ROCKY TERRAINS, ETC???????? IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO DO IT, GO FOR IT, THAT WHAT IT WAS BUILT FOR BUT DAILY USE ? ITS A WASTE OF CAR, I BABY MINE BECAUSE IT IS GORGEOUS, I DON'T WANT SCRATCHES OR DENTS ON IT FROM USING IT FOR OFF ROAD FUN, ITS ALL UP TO THE BUYER WHAT YOU USE IT FOR SO OVERALL MY RATING IS 9 OUT OF 10,,,GAS MILEAGE STINKS FOR SHORT RUNS BUT HIGHWAY ISN'T BAD.....GO LANDROVER!!!!! STILL ROCKING..."

I love this car. Best I've ever owned. Beats BMW,

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"I love this car. Best I've ever owned. Beats BMW,"

An eye-catching sports suv with off road potential

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "fit, finishes, sound system, driving dynamics"

Cons: "missing the cooled seats in the dynamic version"

"Picked up my 2014 RRE Dynamic, Zanzibar, contrast roof this week. Surprised at how sport car-like it's posture and approach are. I test drove the 2013, the 2014 turns out to more refined. The sound system is great and the interior so comfortable. Also the visibility is great, I feared compromise. This baby Ranger is impressing me with each turn, especially when it parallel parks itself."

Love this car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"I've been enjoying this car a lot. Beautiful, extremely comfortable even after 5 hours of driving. For the bad reliability rep Range Rovers have and how this is the first model of its generation, in 2+ years mine only gave me two minor incidents. One where the battery emptied out when I left my trunk accidentally open slightly, and another where my front lights blew and I had to change them. That's it. It's also so much fun driving, it feels very light and the turbo is very decent."

Really happy with this car

By on Friday, May 22, 2015

Pros: "Sexy, sleek, comfort, rich, great value"

Cons: "Nothing that I can't live with"

"I got myself the COUPE, Evoque Pure Plus. I was looking for a compact vehicle that had the feel and look of a sports car while at the same time sat me up higher than the average sedan. I looked at all the SUVs out there and the Evoque coupe turned up as the only SUV/crossover with a sport feel and look to it. In fact I am not sure if there are that many , if any, 2-door cross overs in this price range.At the same time I really find the exterior pretty sexy. I know some feel the roof line may be weird, I actually find it very individual and original. The long and narrow windows all around give it the sporty and capsule like feel and look to it. The front is the mini version of the majestic look of the larger models. Getting indie is like getting inside a sports car with the low roof line. It is not for the elderly who cannot bend at the waist to get in the car. The interior is very intelligent. Everything is in the right place and the driver has a very comfortable reach to everything in front of him. The leather seats have great feel to the touch, snug around the body and comfortable. However, if big frame, I would imagine the bucket seats may not be appropriate. The overall look and feel of the interior looks, feels and even smells .....quality, rich and luxurious. Contrary to some reviews, the head room in the rear is not bad at all. I am 5'11" and sitting in the back, was not an issue. I think this may be a psychological drawback for some who are just too accustomed to have 8"-12" of head room versus this low profile being a problem. The other complaint I have read in other reviews is the limited vision thru the rear window. Again, I believe this is more of a physiological obstacle. Yes, there may be less of the sky that one may be limited to in the center mirror or indeed maybe less of the road as well. However between the road and the sky and a clear view from the left lane to the right is where it matters and the coupe gives the driver just that in addition to having 2 large outside mirrors. The navigation etc. is rather slow and does get frustrating but we are talking about split second slow. While the glass roof is truly panoramic and beautiful, I think it is time LL/RR considered to split the big glass into two halves and have the front portion operable. Finally I think the sexy sleek rear windows would be nicer if they were operable. I can imagine that sitting in the rear of any car and not be able to open your own window may be annoying. Having said that, besides 10 minute drives to drop of my sons' friends to their home, I cannot remember the last time I had more than one passenger in my car. That is why I got the coupe. The steering wheel is smooth as butter and the turning radius is awesome. One can do a u turn on a dime! While the ride is great and very comfortable, the turbo does jolt the car when pushed a little harder than normal driving. Definitely something that LL/RR should look at. As for price, I compared it to the BMW, Audi, Porsche and quite a few other brands and quite frankly with all the bells and whistles than the Evoque comes with, it is by far the cheaper of all the brands. Plus the fact that as good as all the competitors crossovers are, none of them have the sexy, sporty and dynamic exterior or even the interior look and feel the sportiness of the Evoque COUPE. The fact that there is no other crossover that is a 2-door, confirms that. The long doors and slanted aero-dynamic roof line and the shortened and yet stretched windows remind me of the tiny windows of yester years British roadsters. The coupe is not for frequent FAMILY use. It is a perfect car for a single or couple who do not regularly have use for the rear seats. Not having any need for the rear seats also eliminates the concern for the storage since the rear seats can be folded. Anyway, as is, I don't feel the storage is tight considering that this is a compact cross over. I just hope my car does not breakdown every other week like some of the reviews I have read. Right now, I am loving it and get a lot of positive remarks."

I LOVE THIS LITTLE SUV..BEST CAR EVER...

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "ABSOLUTELY A BLAST TO DRIVE..."

Cons: "A LITTLE HARD TO SEE OUT OF BACK.."

"I PURCHASED THIS 2014 LAND ROVER EVOQUE PURE...I LOVE IT!!! IT IS THE PERFECT ALL WEATHER VEHICLE!!! IT GOES GREAT IN THE SNOW! AND DRIVES LIKE A SPORTS CAR...IT IS A LITTLE SLUGGISH ON TAKE-OFF, BUT AFTER YOU TAKE OFF...MAN WILL IT GO...DRIVES AND RIDES REALLY NICE!I GET ABOUT 21MPG. I HAVE 5300 MILES ON IT CURRENTLY...AND I HAVE HAD NO MECHANICAL ISSUES....WHAT CAN I SAY....IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SMALL SUV, WITH CLASS THIS IS IT! GORGEOUS LITTLE SUV! :-)"

My favorite car, EVER!! Fun, fast, turns heads!

By on Monday, April 06, 2015

Pros: "Fun, HUGE panoramic roof, lots of room"

Cons: "Everyone wants to see it wherever I go"

"RARE Colima Lime with NO defects. Dynamic PREMIUM package...one look and it SELLS! Flawless two-tone leather interior, seating for five."

Reliable

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Quality of materials"

Cons: "Underpowered and low mpg for engine"

"Great looks, and reliable."

So far so good

By on Thursday, July 02, 2015

Pros: "A head turner, very sporty, luxurious interior"

Cons: "Lack of cargo space as well as interior storage"

"Well after 18 months and 20K miles I thought it was time to review. I fell in love with this vehicle when I first saw it. I was afraid it was too small but after a test drive I changed my mind. I ordered the sportier 3 dr coupe from the factory. The car is sporty, quick, rides quiet on the highway and is outright fun to drive. I do keep it in S (Sports mode) when driving around town as it makes it much sportier and fast off the line. We recently took it on a 3500 mile road trip and I can honestly say my only complaint is lack of storage, It was always difficult strategically packing the car from destination to destination. I was a bit afraid of the Land Rover because of reliability reputation but so far no issues."