• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $38,959 - $40,476.

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

7.2

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

6.3/10
    7.2/10

Best and only SUV Coupe in its class and market

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"Ride it to believe it, luxury aside, best fuel economy you can get in an SUV with V4 engine and more than 250 hp gives this beast a hand above every other Luxury compact SUV out there. The looks are amazing, specially the pan atomic glass roof matches nothing in the market. The multiple driving options helps you drive it in all weather road off road conditions. It's a must have vehicle for street urban as well as off road adventures."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Quality of materials and overall design"

Cons: "Sputtering, Constant issues"

"I would never have bought this car knowing what I now know. Its been to the dealership 4 times, 2 of which were recalls. There is a constant sputtering when I push on the gas and climb a hill. Quality of materials are outstanding and the ride is very nice though it could be a bit quieter. Navigation stinks as does the phone interface. Visibility is bad but I knew that when I bought it because I love the look of the car, though I doubt I look good sputtering uphill."

coolest looking vehicle on the road

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "terrific exterior looks...great interior design"

Cons: "holder for sunglasses is not a good fit"

"Got the zanzibar color evoque with contrast roof and the black package and its the best looking vehicle on the road. Some super cool features (1)Panoramic roof allows great views from inside esp from the back seats (2) Smart key where you can open the door even with the keys in your bag or pocket. Lock the vehicle with a touch on the door handle (and it doesnt lock if you forgot the keys inside the car) (3) Self-parallel parking - great for tight spots (4) Tons of cool features on the Infotainment system. Also, great service from the dealerships - free car washes, free dent removal, 24x7 country-wide emergency support. I was earlier also looking at BMW as an option and I'm so glad i bought the Evoque."

An eye-catching sports suv with off road potential

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "fit, finishes, sound system, driving dynamics"

Cons: "missing the cooled seats in the dynamic version"

"Picked up my 2014 RRE Dynamic, Zanzibar, contrast roof this week. Surprised at how sport car-like it's posture and approach are. I test drove the 2013, the 2014 turns out to more refined. The sound system is great and the interior so comfortable. Also the visibility is great, I feared compromise. This baby Ranger is impressing me with each turn, especially when it parallel parks itself."

Love this car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"I've been enjoying this car a lot. Beautiful, extremely comfortable even after 5 hours of driving. For the bad reliability rep Range Rovers have and how this is the first model of its generation, in 2+ years mine only gave me two minor incidents. One where the battery emptied out when I left my trunk accidentally open slightly, and another where my front lights blew and I had to change them. That's it. It's also so much fun driving, it feels very light and the turbo is very decent."

I love this car. Best I've ever owned. Beats BMW,

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"I love this car. Best I've ever owned. Beats BMW,"

Reliable

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Quality of materials"

Cons: "Underpowered and low mpg for engine"

"Great looks, and reliable."

I HATE MY EVOQUE

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, gadgets, ride, and sound system"

Cons: "Horrible Transmission with abrupt downshifts"

"This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle"

better than my bmw. quality interior.20mpg in town

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "driveability"

Cons: "rear vision limited"

"bought may 2012. paddle shift is a dream. takes a hard corner like it's on rails. some tire noise, but not obtrusive. interior leather beautiful and wears well. great passing ability at high speed. floats on trips like a butterfly. it's a pleasure in every since of the word."

2012 Range Rover Evoque

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Cute fun car"

Cons: "Too many electrical and mechanical problems"

"Worst car ever! I would really love my car if I didnt have all the mechanical and electrical problems! I have taken my car to get fixed for the coolant leaking into the oil. It seems as though my car is in the shop more than I have it. Not to mention the customer service is awful. It is one thing to have a bad car but it is another thing to have a bad car and horrible customer service (Corporate Office)."

NICE CAR, BUT RESALE VALUE YOU TAKE A HUGE HIT

By on Sunday, December 15, 2013

"NICE TRUCK, BUT DONT BUY IT NEW"

WORST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "great styling"

Cons: "EVERYTHING.....JUST PLAIN JUNK"

"I bought this car in March, 2013 and it has now been in for service for a total of seven weeks to date and the problems have still not been fixed. All four doors needed to be fixed for rattling, the transmission seized up, the sound system does not operate properly, the driver's side window will not seal so it sounds like it's open all the time. I've owned over twenty cars and this is the worst car ever. It looks great but everything else is just plain junk. Buyer beware....do not get sucked in by the great styling."

Worst car

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "Exterior"

Cons: "Everything else"

"Bought car January 2. Towed after 1 week. All warning lights came on no power steering, car would not shift to another gear. Everything. Took one week to repair. Module replaced. Smart keys stopped working this week. Called everyone to complain. Called first time and this time also. Said I have warranty and they stand behind. No help. Poor service to make sure car one month old repaired. I have owned 20 cars from for focus to Infiniti and this is the worst. Car towed again today."

Grood bang for the buck!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Feature packed, great looks, off road capable"

Cons: "New model bugs, could use more storage"

"You definitely get what you pay for. Camparable crossovers (VW Toureg, BMW X3/X5, Audi Q5, etc.) may start off less, but once you add the options to match the pure plus w/premium package, the others end up being way more than the evoque. Value 8/10: For the amount of features you get and the luxury brand name, it's a decent price. Reliability 6/10: While I've had no safety issues, I've still had to bring the vehicle in for minor things here and there. It's a real pain in the rear when you live about 100 miles from the nearest dealership, not to the mention the unnecessary miles you have to put on your car. From reading other owner reviews, it seems this is a mixed bag and some have problems while others have seen nothing. Too early to tell though. Quality 8/10: excellent materials and well assembled, but I do have to ding a couple points since things are already "breaking" so soon. Driving Dynamics 9/10: Solid performance, great feel, good fuel economy. -1 point as there is noticeable turbo lag and if you don't feather the throttle properly, the sudden turbo kick can be quite unexpected. Design 10/10: There's no denying it. This thing looks amazing. From the head turning headlights and body lines, to the luxurious interior, the Evoque definitely has the "wow" factor. Comfort & Convenience 8/10: While it fits 4-5 adults quite comfortably, the storage is lacking. Not that big of a deal as a city cruiser/commuter. This can be remedied by laying down the rear seats, but you give up the rear seating. It can also be offset by having roof rails, but they aren't standard like a lot of other crossovers in this price range and cost quite a bit as a separate accessory. Overall 8/10: This thing is awesome given that you can accept the drawbacks here and there, but hey what relationship doesn't have its flaws? The things that I've had issues with so far aren't bad considering that you keep in mind that this is a first year model. Overall, I love my Evoque!"

Disappointed

By on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pros: "Love the styling, comfort, mileage power"

Cons: "Interior not as luxurious for the money"

"I am disappointed with my Evoque. I have had it 4 months and it has been back to the dealer twice within two weeks. It has 5,500 miles but now I am having issues with the tires and coolant. When the temperature drops more than 10 degrees, the tires lose air and the sensor light comes on. The dealer has had to fill the tires twice so far. The next thing that just happened was the coolant light came on. Brought it in again and it needed coolant. Dealer said to expect to bring it back a few more times. For the money I paid, I am disgusted and thinking of trading it already. Now I am thinking I should have gotten the Infinit FX35 or FX50 or the Lexus."

Best SUV Ever

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Awesome exterior and interior, great gas mileage."

Cons: "Limited storage when back seats are not folded."

"The Evoque Dynamic has it all. Great body style, comfortable interior, all the bells and whistles. Driving this vehicle is such a pleasure with the engine/transmission combination that is standard with this vehicle. I enjoy this vehicle so much that I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in a compact SUV. It is at the high end of the price points for compacts...but you are buying a "range rover" and it is expected to be higher priced than others in its class. It is worth every penny, it is the best of the best."

AWESOME, LOVE IT

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

"LITTLE PRICEY,ALTHOUGH WORTH IT. A MUST DRIVE TO EXPERIENCE IT'S WOW FACTOR. ONLY DOWNFALL FOR THIS VEHICLE IS YOU CAN'T GET ANY PERFORMANCE MODIFICATION PARTS AS OF YET."

great

By on Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful to look at."

Cons: "Price"

"This SUV is so comfortable it unbelievable and the seats are the best I've ever sat in. The steering is so responsive and turns on a dime. I hope you like attention because that what you'll get driving one. Gas mileage is good. The engine is fast and willing. It's works well off road. Love the 825 watt stereo."

Best vehicle Ive ever owned

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "styling,brand,amazing feel to drive,exclusivity"

Cons: "nothing perfect car"

"The Evoque represents every thing i looked for when i went to purchase a car.Something that was unique with great gas mileage but still gave me that exotic luxurious and unique feel and styling.Also not everybody had one and when people do see it they stare with envy. The whole over all quality of this car inside and out is and probably will be the best car i will every purchase, im glad i walked into the dealership that day."