• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2013 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

7.2

Based on 21 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

6.3/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10

Great styling, but features don't all work

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Engine"

Cons: "Transmission, Navigation, Dash UI"

"I bought this Evoque Pure Premium to replace a BMW x3. Surprisingly for me, I like the small 4-cylinder turbocharged engine. It has enough power, and the ECO mode is non-instrusive. And with the right dash display, I can play at hyper-miling. I get pretty good fuel economy for my primarily short urban trips - usually above 20 and sometimes nearing 30 MPG. The styling is all very nice, but not unique in this neighborhood. The styling has a drawback and that is lack of storage. Unbelievably, I cannot even fit a golf bag in the trunk, without removing the driver. I should have compared this to Golfs or Imprezas for all the space it has. My 5'9" father-in-law bumps his head every time he gets in the front passenger seat. The 9-speed transmission has some real issues where it will not get in the right gear, and when it does the results are jarring. Sometimes starts in 3rd or 4th gear even when flooring the accelerator - probably 2 seconds to get to 5 MPH. Parking on a slope, place the car in reverse, put foot on accelerator and car rolls 2 feet forward before reverse engages. Starting out , the transmission might not be in gear, engine revs to 3000 RPM and then the car jerks - first gear this time... The center screen unit (navigation and such) is horrendous - it is very slow and the interface looks like it was designed backwards. I went to take my daughter to a soccer game at a school 10 miles away and my wife still could not get the destination entered in the navigation system before I got there through guessing the route - we knew the street and the name of the school, but the Evoque would not accept them - finally it found it if we entered the telephone number!?!. Want to use the cameras to see around while parking (visibility is poor in this car)? Ok, choose Home (physical button), then Extra Features, then Cameras, then Camera Icon, then Special Views, then finally Kerb View. Six steps to get to what should be a convenience feature needed in a hurry - 20 seconds minimum. The navigation map is poor. The auto-zoom feature does not work and you have to manually change the zoom - four clicks on the screen to do that. And then even at the highest zooms you cannot see the names of the roads around you. And when you have any other zoom level, you cannot see the roads at all. Most of the time, unless you are on the interstate or the largest state highways, you will be shown in a green field with plenty of topographical features but no roads. In Washington DC, I can be driving down a major commuter road and only that road shows up - not a single cross street on the entire map. Ever wanted to take a traffic diversion and rush hour, but not sure if the side street connect or are one-way? Better bring a smart phone in the Evoque, because that is the only way to find out. Smart phone integration is decent - bluetooth for phone and audio. When Bluetooth audio is selected, it restarts the audio when it reconnects and displays the song names usually. But again slowness issues - it sometimes takes a minute to connect to bluetooth audio and even longer for the bluetooth phone (5 minutes in some cases), so it you need to make a call on the trip to the grocery store, you must manually connect it."

AWESOME THIS IS A TOUGH MADE CAR!

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "LOVE TO DRIVE"

Cons: "BAD GAS MILEAGE"

"WELL, I HAVE TO SAY, I LOVE MY EVOGUE, HOWEVER, THE GAS MILEAGE IS BAD, ONLY THING I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT CAR, PERIOD, EVRYTHING ELSE IS BANGING.....LOVE THE EVOGUES, NOTHING LIKE THEM , IF YOU WANT A TOUGH CAR, GET IT, BUT KEEP IN MIND, YOUR BUYING A BEAUTIFUL MACHINE TO DRIVE, WHY WOULD WE TAKE IT IN THE MOUNTAINS ON ROCKY TERRAINS, ETC???????? IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO DO IT, GO FOR IT, THAT WHAT IT WAS BUILT FOR BUT DAILY USE ? ITS A WASTE OF CAR, I BABY MINE BECAUSE IT IS GORGEOUS, I DON'T WANT SCRATCHES OR DENTS ON IT FROM USING IT FOR OFF ROAD FUN, ITS ALL UP TO THE BUYER WHAT YOU USE IT FOR SO OVERALL MY RATING IS 9 OUT OF 10,,,GAS MILEAGE STINKS FOR SHORT RUNS BUT HIGHWAY ISN'T BAD.....GO LANDROVER!!!!! STILL ROCKING..."

Best and only SUV Coupe in its class and market

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"Ride it to believe it, luxury aside, best fuel economy you can get in an SUV with V4 engine and more than 250 hp gives this beast a hand above every other Luxury compact SUV out there. The looks are amazing, specially the pan atomic glass roof matches nothing in the market. The multiple driving options helps you drive it in all weather road off road conditions. It's a must have vehicle for street urban as well as off road adventures."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Quality of materials and overall design"

Cons: "Sputtering, Constant issues"

"I would never have bought this car knowing what I now know. Its been to the dealership 4 times, 2 of which were recalls. There is a constant sputtering when I push on the gas and climb a hill. Quality of materials are outstanding and the ride is very nice though it could be a bit quieter. Navigation stinks as does the phone interface. Visibility is bad but I knew that when I bought it because I love the look of the car, though I doubt I look good sputtering uphill."

coolest looking vehicle on the road

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "terrific exterior looks...great interior design"

Cons: "holder for sunglasses is not a good fit"

"Got the zanzibar color evoque with contrast roof and the black package and its the best looking vehicle on the road. Some super cool features (1)Panoramic roof allows great views from inside esp from the back seats (2) Smart key where you can open the door even with the keys in your bag or pocket. Lock the vehicle with a touch on the door handle (and it doesnt lock if you forgot the keys inside the car) (3) Self-parallel parking - great for tight spots (4) Tons of cool features on the Infotainment system. Also, great service from the dealerships - free car washes, free dent removal, 24x7 country-wide emergency support. I was earlier also looking at BMW as an option and I'm so glad i bought the Evoque."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Range Rover Evoque near Honolulu. See local deals