• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

7.6

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

6.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

2012 Range Rover Evoque

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Cute fun car"

Cons: "Too many electrical and mechanical problems"

"Worst car ever! I would really love my car if I didnt have all the mechanical and electrical problems! I have taken my car to get fixed for the coolant leaking into the oil. It seems as though my car is in the shop more than I have it. Not to mention the customer service is awful. It is one thing to have a bad car but it is another thing to have a bad car and horrible customer service (Corporate Office)."

coolest looking vehicle on the road

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "terrific exterior looks...great interior design"

Cons: "holder for sunglasses is not a good fit"

"Got the zanzibar color evoque with contrast roof and the black package and its the best looking vehicle on the road. Some super cool features (1)Panoramic roof allows great views from inside esp from the back seats (2) Smart key where you can open the door even with the keys in your bag or pocket. Lock the vehicle with a touch on the door handle (and it doesnt lock if you forgot the keys inside the car) (3) Self-parallel parking - great for tight spots (4) Tons of cool features on the Infotainment system. Also, great service from the dealerships - free car washes, free dent removal, 24x7 country-wide emergency support. I was earlier also looking at BMW as an option and I'm so glad i bought the Evoque."

I HATE MY EVOQUE

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, gadgets, ride, and sound system"

Cons: "Horrible Transmission with abrupt downshifts"

"This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle"

Great styling, but features don't all work

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Engine"

Cons: "Transmission, Navigation, Dash UI"

"I bought this Evoque Pure Premium to replace a BMW x3. Surprisingly for me, I like the small 4-cylinder turbocharged engine. It has enough power, and the ECO mode is non-instrusive. And with the right dash display, I can play at hyper-miling. I get pretty good fuel economy for my primarily short urban trips - usually above 20 and sometimes nearing 30 MPG. The styling is all very nice, but not unique in this neighborhood. The styling has a drawback and that is lack of storage. Unbelievably, I cannot even fit a golf bag in the trunk, without removing the driver. I should have compared this to Golfs or Imprezas for all the space it has. My 5'9" father-in-law bumps his head every time he gets in the front passenger seat. The 9-speed transmission has some real issues where it will not get in the right gear, and when it does the results are jarring. Sometimes starts in 3rd or 4th gear even when flooring the accelerator - probably 2 seconds to get to 5 MPH. Parking on a slope, place the car in reverse, put foot on accelerator and car rolls 2 feet forward before reverse engages. Starting out , the transmission might not be in gear, engine revs to 3000 RPM and then the car jerks - first gear this time... The center screen unit (navigation and such) is horrendous - it is very slow and the interface looks like it was designed backwards. I went to take my daughter to a soccer game at a school 10 miles away and my wife still could not get the destination entered in the navigation system before I got there through guessing the route - we knew the street and the name of the school, but the Evoque would not accept them - finally it found it if we entered the telephone number!?!. Want to use the cameras to see around while parking (visibility is poor in this car)? Ok, choose Home (physical button), then Extra Features, then Cameras, then Camera Icon, then Special Views, then finally Kerb View. Six steps to get to what should be a convenience feature needed in a hurry - 20 seconds minimum. The navigation map is poor. The auto-zoom feature does not work and you have to manually change the zoom - four clicks on the screen to do that. And then even at the highest zooms you cannot see the names of the roads around you. And when you have any other zoom level, you cannot see the roads at all. Most of the time, unless you are on the interstate or the largest state highways, you will be shown in a green field with plenty of topographical features but no roads. In Washington DC, I can be driving down a major commuter road and only that road shows up - not a single cross street on the entire map. Ever wanted to take a traffic diversion and rush hour, but not sure if the side street connect or are one-way? Better bring a smart phone in the Evoque, because that is the only way to find out. Smart phone integration is decent - bluetooth for phone and audio. When Bluetooth audio is selected, it restarts the audio when it reconnects and displays the song names usually. But again slowness issues - it sometimes takes a minute to connect to bluetooth audio and even longer for the bluetooth phone (5 minutes in some cases), so it you need to make a call on the trip to the grocery store, you must manually connect it."

Worst vehicle I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Quality of materials and overall design"

Cons: "Sputtering, Constant issues"

"I would never have bought this car knowing what I now know. Its been to the dealership 4 times, 2 of which were recalls. There is a constant sputtering when I push on the gas and climb a hill. Quality of materials are outstanding and the ride is very nice though it could be a bit quieter. Navigation stinks as does the phone interface. Visibility is bad but I knew that when I bought it because I love the look of the car, though I doubt I look good sputtering uphill."

Best and only SUV Coupe in its class and market

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

"Ride it to believe it, luxury aside, best fuel economy you can get in an SUV with V4 engine and more than 250 hp gives this beast a hand above every other Luxury compact SUV out there. The looks are amazing, specially the pan atomic glass roof matches nothing in the market. The multiple driving options helps you drive it in all weather road off road conditions. It's a must have vehicle for street urban as well as off road adventures."

AWESOME THIS IS A TOUGH MADE CAR!

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "LOVE TO DRIVE"

Cons: "BAD GAS MILEAGE"

"WELL, I HAVE TO SAY, I LOVE MY EVOGUE, HOWEVER, THE GAS MILEAGE IS BAD, ONLY THING I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT CAR, PERIOD, EVRYTHING ELSE IS BANGING.....LOVE THE EVOGUES, NOTHING LIKE THEM , IF YOU WANT A TOUGH CAR, GET IT, BUT KEEP IN MIND, YOUR BUYING A BEAUTIFUL MACHINE TO DRIVE, WHY WOULD WE TAKE IT IN THE MOUNTAINS ON ROCKY TERRAINS, ETC???????? IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO DO IT, GO FOR IT, THAT WHAT IT WAS BUILT FOR BUT DAILY USE ? ITS A WASTE OF CAR, I BABY MINE BECAUSE IT IS GORGEOUS, I DON'T WANT SCRATCHES OR DENTS ON IT FROM USING IT FOR OFF ROAD FUN, ITS ALL UP TO THE BUYER WHAT YOU USE IT FOR SO OVERALL MY RATING IS 9 OUT OF 10,,,GAS MILEAGE STINKS FOR SHORT RUNS BUT HIGHWAY ISN'T BAD.....GO LANDROVER!!!!! STILL ROCKING..."

I love this car. Best I've ever owned. Beats BMW,

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"I love this car. Best I've ever owned. Beats BMW,"

An eye-catching sports suv with off road potential

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "fit, finishes, sound system, driving dynamics"

Cons: "missing the cooled seats in the dynamic version"

"Picked up my 2014 RRE Dynamic, Zanzibar, contrast roof this week. Surprised at how sport car-like it's posture and approach are. I test drove the 2013, the 2014 turns out to more refined. The sound system is great and the interior so comfortable. Also the visibility is great, I feared compromise. This baby Ranger is impressing me with each turn, especially when it parallel parks itself."

Love this car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"I've been enjoying this car a lot. Beautiful, extremely comfortable even after 5 hours of driving. For the bad reliability rep Range Rovers have and how this is the first model of its generation, in 2+ years mine only gave me two minor incidents. One where the battery emptied out when I left my trunk accidentally open slightly, and another where my front lights blew and I had to change them. That's it. It's also so much fun driving, it feels very light and the turbo is very decent."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Range Rover Evoque near Honolulu. See local deals