• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque

7.2

Based on 16 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

6.2/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

An eye-catching sports suv with off road potential

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "fit, finishes, sound system, driving dynamics"

Cons: "missing the cooled seats in the dynamic version"

"Picked up my 2014 RRE Dynamic, Zanzibar, contrast roof this week. Surprised at how sport car-like it's posture and approach are. I test drove the 2013, the 2014 turns out to more refined. The sound system is great and the interior so comfortable. Also the visibility is great, I feared compromise. This baby Ranger is impressing me with each turn, especially when it parallel parks itself."

Love this car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"I've been enjoying this car a lot. Beautiful, extremely comfortable even after 5 hours of driving. For the bad reliability rep Range Rovers have and how this is the first model of its generation, in 2+ years mine only gave me two minor incidents. One where the battery emptied out when I left my trunk accidentally open slightly, and another where my front lights blew and I had to change them. That's it. It's also so much fun driving, it feels very light and the turbo is very decent."

I love this car. Best I've ever owned. Beats BMW,

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

"I love this car. Best I've ever owned. Beats BMW,"

Reliable

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Quality of materials"

Cons: "Underpowered and low mpg for engine"

"Great looks, and reliable."

I HATE MY EVOQUE

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, gadgets, ride, and sound system"

Cons: "Horrible Transmission with abrupt downshifts"

"This car looks great standing still. The sound system is great, the seats firm and comfortable, the ride decent, great gadgets - high beam assist works like a wizard - I'm an engineer and the ability for the car to figure out when to turn on and off the high beams is quite cool. HOWEVER, I get similar mpg to my 4.2 liter V-8 BMW X-5 (about 2-3 mpg more), but with a gutless 4 cylinder. At a standstill, you floor it, count to two, then the car starts accelerating. Under 3000 rpm you get nothing. At 3000 rpm, the turbo kicks in and gives you too much. It's really an issue in traffic. At 30 mph in moderate traffic, you barely give it a little gas and it drops what feels like two gears, hits 3000 rpm, snaps your head back, you get off the gas, tap the break, and start over. It is enough to make me hate driving it. I believe Land Rover realized this, as well as the horrible gas mileage, and put a 9 speed in the 2014. It's sticker is 30 mpg highway instead of 28. After shelling out mid 60's for the Dynamic version, I find myself regretting the commitment I made. I called Land Rover to see if they would take it back, and they said it is operating as designed, so no. The head mechanic at the dealership explained to me there is way too much piping between the turbo and the engine, making the turbo lag worse. I have been driving on the gravel/snow program, which reduces the hard downshifts, but decreases acceleration as well. I have never owned a vehicle I paid more for, and also hated it any more than this one. Shame on Land Rover/Tata for selling such a poorly designed vehicle"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Range Rover Evoque near Honolulu. See local deals