• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Land Rover LR4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $49,692 - $51,080.

Invoice N/A

10/6.0

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

25 years of Land Rovers. This LR4 is the best!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "FANTASTIC CAR! VALUE! Powerful engine & LUXURY!"

Cons: "5 liter engines chew gas"

This is the Nara Bronze (the color I chose).

"I've owned Land Rover Discovery, LR3s, and LR4s, since the very first Discovery came out with its solid axles. Although there has been much improvement over the years, this LR 4 (HSE with luxury, HID lighting package, 3 rows of seats, Harmon Kardon audio, surround camera viewing with sonar, and every other package) is far and away the best I've ever had. Ironically, I was about to switch to BMW, but the LR 4 is simply a BETTER VALUE than anything from BMW, MB, or Lexus (when you take in all the equipment, features, and abilities)! With a 5 liter V8 that throws off 375 hp and 375 lb/foot of torque, the car finally has the engine it deserves. Similarly, the Harmon/Kardon sound system is out of this world. Lastly, the leather and wood that comes with the luxury package is just head and shoulders above any car interior I've seen in a vehicle priced under $75,000. FANTASTIC CAR!!! I've loved every minute of it. Fantastic car!"

This is the Nara Bronze (the color I chose).

Cons: "Poor reliability, sparse and indifferent dealers"

"Bought my 2011 LR4 new, now has 51,500 miles....and in the shop, again, for numerous warning lights and messages though it is running fine. This will be our first out of warranty repair.....had warranty repairs for malfunctioning fuel gauge (took two trips to fix), radio (four trips to fix), rear view camera, defective door locks, alarm going off for no reason, and broken driver door latch cable. We tow with it, need the 4WD for snow, go skiing with it, need the third row with our kids, and have towed a travel trailer many times with it. It also looks great and the paint and interior still look good after a lot of tough use. So in many respects it is an ideal family car for us, but it is the most troublesome car I have EVER owned. It has never stranded us, but has had many serious problems. The service experience has been lacking as well, I blame some of the problems on poor diagnosis or repair efforts."

It was good New

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Car is great, service is not so great. This is my second LR4 and I love them but this second one has been a fail due to comfort of seats, brake issues, and other things malfunctioning within the vehicle. The middle seats have issues folding down and back up."