• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Land Rover LR4 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $49,596 - $51,045.

Invoice N/A

10/6.0

8.4

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Would be great if it worked!

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful desgin, great ride"

Cons: "Completely unreliable"

"This is my second brand new LR4 in the last 3 months. The first had multiple mechanical issues and I was given a replacement. Now my most recent LR4 Lux was also in the shop after less than ONE WEEK! I have now seen suspension issues, transmission issues, fuel pump issues and engine issues all within two brand new 2015 trucks and in a period of three months. I love the design, the features and the ride but I could really just use a car that works."

Pleasurable experience

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Pros: "overall fit finish, ride quality"

Cons: "Hard to say"

"Overall, I have been impressed. This is my 3rd LR, but not back to back. I gave a Jeep Cherokee (new model) a try and while I was impressed with what jeep has done with the vehicle, it just doesn't compare to the LR4. Honestly, I could use a better tech. integration, similar to BMW, at this price point, but what LR has currently (in control apps) is pretty innovative as is. The fit/finish is fantastic, ride quality-amazing and overall you know your driving in a luxury well crafted vehicle when your driving it. The use of space is superb, especially when considering the new Discovery sport or the Range Rover Sport. This one just makes total sense with kids and being used as a all round purpose vehicle. Couldn't be happier so far and expect to be in the landcover family, with another purchase even before were done with this new member of the family. Oh.. YULONG white is a head turner. I had a guy wanting to buy mine off the lot as I was taking delivery, but respectfully declined. (it was the only one they had on the lot :) )"

excellent performance for a heavy SUV great look

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"The exterior look is great. Performance is wonderful for such a heavy SUV. This car is not great on gas mileage, but makes up for it in performance. Great in the snow and easy to drive."

Amazing SUV overall and truly reliable

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "lots of power, comfortable, good looking, real 4x4"

Cons: "2010 model did not have bluetooth music streaming"

"I bought this car used because it was in like new condition and I was looking for a SUV with the following feature: - Need to seat 7 - Must have a tow rating of at least 7500lbs - Must be a "real" 4x4 (low range) - Must have a tight turn radius and be compact enough to fit in a parking space (I have to park in a parking garage where I work) - Must be fun to drive! I tried the q7, x5, MBs, grand cherokee, sequoia, but couldn't find anything that would meet all my demands...Until i tried a used LR4 and fell in love right away! But then I did some research and was concerned with the reliability of the vehicle. After 6 month of hard use (long road trip, off road in Colorado, towing of a 21ft/4000lbs camper for 3000 miles)I am happy to report that the only cheap part I had to replace on my LR4 was a spare wheel winch, broken by a not so bright mechanic... It's been a reliable, fast, comfortable, family car, and I average 17.5 MPG in mixed use. Towing will drop the MPG to a dismal 11 mpg, but it is expected when towing above 6000 feet. I am seriously considering buying a second one for my wife so that she stops stealing my ride! Final note: I have tested the 2014 version of the LR4 and found it underpowered, and the absence of a low range case make it a no go for me."

Nothing Compares To This Car!

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Overall performance, quality and design"

Cons: "Opening top hatch door and audio touch screen"

"This car excels beyond my expectations. Performance is excellent. Passing an 18-wheeler on a highway is effortless. The interior is absolutely top quality and is superior to any other luxury car I have experienced. The materials are exceptional and when you touch the doorknobs, the seats or the steering wheel, you are constantly reminded of it. This car has the perfect combination of elegance and function. It truly stands alone. I will never buy anything else after having owned this car."

Love this vehicle!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and very sporty!"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This big SUV drives like a dream. The large windows give me a clear view at all times. It's easy to park, and the turning radius makes this vehicle so easy to maneuver. There is plenty of room for carrying everything that's important. The best vehicle I have ever owned!!"

Much improved over our LR-3. Great SUV

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "A perfect car for the mountains of Colorado"

Cons: "3rd row seats hard to open and close"

"We love our LR-4. The interior is super luxurious. Lots of backseat room as well as storage space in the rear. The handling I'd much better than our old LR-3 and the more powerful engine really improves performance on steep mountain roads"

25 years of Land Rovers. This LR4 is the best!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "FANTASTIC CAR! VALUE! Powerful engine & LUXURY!"

Cons: "5 liter engines chew gas"

This is the Nara Bronze (the color I chose).

"I've owned Land Rover Discovery, LR3s, and LR4s, since the very first Discovery came out with its solid axles. Although there has been much improvement over the years, this LR 4 (HSE with luxury, HID lighting package, 3 rows of seats, Harmon Kardon audio, surround camera viewing with sonar, and every other package) is far and away the best I've ever had. Ironically, I was about to switch to BMW, but the LR 4 is simply a BETTER VALUE than anything from BMW, MB, or Lexus (when you take in all the equipment, features, and abilities)! With a 5 liter V8 that throws off 375 hp and 375 lb/foot of torque, the car finally has the engine it deserves. Similarly, the Harmon/Kardon sound system is out of this world. Lastly, the leather and wood that comes with the luxury package is just head and shoulders above any car interior I've seen in a vehicle priced under $75,000. FANTASTIC CAR!!! I've loved every minute of it. Fantastic car!"

This is the Nara Bronze (the color I chose).

Love it despite the issues

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Looks, comfort, room, towing ability, quiet"

Cons: "Poor reliability, sparse and indifferent dealers"

"Bought my 2011 LR4 new, now has 51,500 miles....and in the shop, again, for numerous warning lights and messages though it is running fine. This will be our first out of warranty repair.....had warranty repairs for malfunctioning fuel gauge (took two trips to fix), radio (four trips to fix), rear view camera, defective door locks, alarm going off for no reason, and broken driver door latch cable. We tow with it, need the 4WD for snow, go skiing with it, need the third row with our kids, and have towed a travel trailer many times with it. It also looks great and the paint and interior still look good after a lot of tough use. So in many respects it is an ideal family car for us, but it is the most troublesome car I have EVER owned. It has never stranded us, but has had many serious problems. The service experience has been lacking as well, I blame some of the problems on poor diagnosis or repair efforts."

Love it despite the issues

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "Looks, comfort, room, towing ability, quiet"

Cons: "Poor reliability, sparse and indifferent dealers"