2013 Land Rover LR4

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

excellent performance for a heavy SUV great look

By on Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"The exterior look is great. Performance is wonderful for such a heavy SUV. This car is not great on gas mileage, but makes up for it in performance. Great in the snow and easy to drive."

Amazing SUV overall and truly reliable

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "lots of power, comfortable, good looking, real 4x4"

Cons: "2010 model did not have bluetooth music streaming"

"I bought this car used because it was in like new condition and I was looking for a SUV with the following feature: - Need to seat 7 - Must have a tow rating of at least 7500lbs - Must be a "real" 4x4 (low range) - Must have a tight turn radius and be compact enough to fit in a parking space (I have to park in a parking garage where I work) - Must be fun to drive! I tried the q7, x5, MBs, grand cherokee, sequoia, but couldn't find anything that would meet all my demands...Until i tried a used LR4 and fell in love right away! But then I did some research and was concerned with the reliability of the vehicle. After 6 month of hard use (long road trip, off road in Colorado, towing of a 21ft/4000lbs camper for 3000 miles)I am happy to report that the only cheap part I had to replace on my LR4 was a spare wheel winch, broken by a not so bright mechanic... It's been a reliable, fast, comfortable, family car, and I average 17.5 MPG in mixed use. Towing will drop the MPG to a dismal 11 mpg, but it is expected when towing above 6000 feet. I am seriously considering buying a second one for my wife so that she stops stealing my ride! Final note: I have tested the 2014 version of the LR4 and found it underpowered, and the absence of a low range case make it a no go for me."

Nothing Compares To This Car!

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Overall performance, quality and design"

Cons: "Opening top hatch door and audio touch screen"

"This car excels beyond my expectations. Performance is excellent. Passing an 18-wheeler on a highway is effortless. The interior is absolutely top quality and is superior to any other luxury car I have experienced. The materials are exceptional and when you touch the doorknobs, the seats or the steering wheel, you are constantly reminded of it. This car has the perfect combination of elegance and function. It truly stands alone. I will never buy anything else after having owned this car."

Love this vehicle!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and very sporty!"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This big SUV drives like a dream. The large windows give me a clear view at all times. It's easy to park, and the turning radius makes this vehicle so easy to maneuver. There is plenty of room for carrying everything that's important. The best vehicle I have ever owned!!"

Much improved over our LR-3. Great SUV

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "A perfect car for the mountains of Colorado"

Cons: "3rd row seats hard to open and close"

"We love our LR-4. The interior is super luxurious. Lots of backseat room as well as storage space in the rear. The handling I'd much better than our old LR-3 and the more powerful engine really improves performance on steep mountain roads"

25 years of Land Rovers. This LR4 is the best!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "FANTASTIC CAR! VALUE! Powerful engine & LUXURY!"

Cons: "5 liter engines chew gas"

This is the Nara Bronze (the color I chose).

"I've owned Land Rover Discovery, LR3s, and LR4s, since the very first Discovery came out with its solid axles. Although there has been much improvement over the years, this LR 4 (HSE with luxury, HID lighting package, 3 rows of seats, Harmon Kardon audio, surround camera viewing with sonar, and every other package) is far and away the best I've ever had. Ironically, I was about to switch to BMW, but the LR 4 is simply a BETTER VALUE than anything from BMW, MB, or Lexus (when you take in all the equipment, features, and abilities)! With a 5 liter V8 that throws off 375 hp and 375 lb/foot of torque, the car finally has the engine it deserves. Similarly, the Harmon/Kardon sound system is out of this world. Lastly, the leather and wood that comes with the luxury package is just head and shoulders above any car interior I've seen in a vehicle priced under $75,000. FANTASTIC CAR!!! I've loved every minute of it. Fantastic car!"

This is the Nara Bronze (the color I chose).

Cons: "Poor reliability, sparse and indifferent dealers"

"Bought my 2011 LR4 new, now has 51,500 miles....and in the shop, again, for numerous warning lights and messages though it is running fine. This will be our first out of warranty repair.....had warranty repairs for malfunctioning fuel gauge (took two trips to fix), radio (four trips to fix), rear view camera, defective door locks, alarm going off for no reason, and broken driver door latch cable. We tow with it, need the 4WD for snow, go skiing with it, need the third row with our kids, and have towed a travel trailer many times with it. It also looks great and the paint and interior still look good after a lot of tough use. So in many respects it is an ideal family car for us, but it is the most troublesome car I have EVER owned. It has never stranded us, but has had many serious problems. The service experience has been lacking as well, I blame some of the problems on poor diagnosis or repair efforts."

It was good New

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Car is great, service is not so great. This is my second LR4 and I love them but this second one has been a fail due to comfort of seats, brake issues, and other things malfunctioning within the vehicle. The middle seats have issues folding down and back up."

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"This is my third Land Rover and I love it! It is powerful, rugged, and refined. Easily the best vehicle I have owned. Goes anywhere with class and style. Tows our tournament wake boarding boat with ease, conquers the best four wheel drive trails in the west, and valet parks with pride. So, I love it!"

Happiness is Driving a LR4

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, excellant value, superior quality"

"I purchased my 2013 LR4 last year and have driven it for over twelve thousand miles. I gave every category a perfect ten; because, I cannot find fault with anything in this car. The LR4 is an absolute pleasure to drive. The comfort is very nice and the interior is well laid out. The quality is great and not one single thing has gone wrong with this car. The car has plenty of power and the stereo sounds very nice. Compared to the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland I test drove, the LR4 had a superior ride. I also test drove the Mercedes ML 450 and found it to be over priced and too high tech. On vacation I drove a Mercedes ML 350 for the week and thought it was very nice. The stereo and stereo controls on the Mercedes were nicer than the LR4 but that was all that I thought was better. It was great getting home and having the LR4 at the airport to drive home. I guess you are either a Mercedes person or not. I prefer the more rugged styling of the LR4. Before buying the Land Rover BMW and Audi were also on the list to test drive. However,once I drove the LR4 I did not need to drive the BMW X5 or Audi X7. I was sold on the spot. The LR4 has all of the necessary luxury you'd want in an SUV with out going over board (like the ML 450). The LR4 is a very nice luxury SUV that is very capable of going off road. I have driven this car in the snow and in icy conditions common in Maryland and the SUV just tears it up. My worries are the other drivers on the road and not with the LR4's ability to handle bad weather conditions. So if you are looking for a SUV such as a BMW, Mercedes or Audi, save your money and buy the LR4. And if you are looking for something like a 4Runner or Grand Cherokee spend the extra money and buy the LR4. You'll be happy you did. They say money cannot buy happiness; but, driving a Land Rover LR4 can bring you happiness."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Driver comfort, foul weather brilliance"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"The LR4 is a great vehicle for what I expected from it. It has very good storage space for hauling luggage and other items for long family trips. Very good sight lines and seating position for driving. The LR4 really shines when I find myself in adverse weather. The vehicle feels made to be driving through deep snow, on ice, etc. The rotary selection traction control system works very well. I have had absolutely no trouble moving around during this year's snowstorms and cold weather. The vehicle does not get the best gas mileage as noted. However, for a vehicle that can haul 5 people on a long trip with all of the associated cargo I do not mind. With the 3rd row seats up and occupied the storage space is limited."

Love love love this SUV!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!"

"I have nothing but good things to say about my LR4! The ride, the seats, the options, the maneuverability, interior design even has a spot for my dog! You can fold down the middle seat in the second row...perfect spot for a dog with his harness strapped to the LATCH teather bar. Or, fold down middle seat for walk-thru access to comfortable 3rd row. Plenty of room in 3rd row for a small adult. Tons of compartments all over vehicle for easy storage. Love the cooler in the armrest (LUX). Love the stereo. LOVE how it drives! Once you own one you'll never own a different SUV. Mine had one issue with the fuel gauge and THAT'S IT. They fixed it while I waited and was covered under warranty. No other issues! Also love the height adjustment...lower the SUV when wearing a skirt or when picking up my Grandmother. All-around perfect SUV! I have the LUX and it was well worth the extra dollars."

Sadly a waste of money....

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "A stylish appearance"

Cons: "Not reliable and expensive maintenance"

"Before purchasing the LR4, I had always admired the stylish look of a Land Rover & Range Rover's. Now that I have owned the vehicle, the excitement has worn off after consistent issues with the following items: Camera system had to be replaced, sometimes the windows will not go up or down, The battery has left me stranded countless times... it was even dead at the dealership after I was picking the vehicle up after service (they said the battery was fine), the computer system has constant warnings displayed to include the "hood is open" which by the way it is never open... because of this I can no longer lock the vehice. The gas will display empty, even though it is full of gas. The auto wipers go off when it is not raining, and you can not turn them off before going into the car wash... I have replaced the wipers twice. The navigation system is very difficult to use and gets us lost all of the time. It also took us 30 minutes to figure out the DVD system that is not user friendly. Our computer system reflects the United Kingdon instead of the US... although we have changed it countless times. Once the car is turned off, it reverts back to a British format. We are currently getting another vehicle because we are getting ready for a trip and we know that the Land Rover is VERY UNRELIABLE...."

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Everyone that sees my car asks me is it really as good off road as they say? I can answer "IT IS!". I went on the Land Rover Encino Off Road experience and I off road frequently myself. I climb up rock walls, wade through water and mud and the car will not get stuck. I even have been threw multiple feet of snow. The adjustable height makes it super capable off road! The 4 wheel drive system is excellent and easy to use. On the road you would never know it is basically a huge truck. It's quite, comfortable, and has as smaller turning radius than my BMW 3 series. The systems (navigation stereo etc.) are all straight forward and easy to use. I love that the navigation diverts you around traffic! The seats are extremely comfortable and the interior is sharp looking. Finally, I am an equestrian so my LR4 hauls hay, bags of feed tack, huge wood truck and spends more time on dirt than on pavement. I have never had any sort of problem. In fact, the only time it's been to the dealer was to get the scheduled servie"

Love my LR4

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, can haul anything, great technology"

Cons: "Price is high"

"I have an HSE Lux version. Love this car. Expensive, although it has had no issues since purchasing new (currently approx 18k miles)."

Sophisticated ruggedness

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Classy, cool, good price for what you get"

Cons: "Nothing yet, didn't love the dealer guys, thedidn'"

"Love it, only owned it a month but just love it. Feels very high end and only medium high end price. Smooth ride, classy, well built, simple nav and feels much nicer than my 2012 mdx."

The best bang for the buck SUV on the road

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, a vehicle to fall in love with"

Cons: "Fuel economy is pretty awful"

"I have owned the 2010 LR4 since Jan 2010, and have just clocked 30000 miles. I think I finally have enough experience to offer some insight into the value this vehicle offers. Firstly, let me just say, I love it. Even after 2 years of ownership, I still get excited for a trip to the store or to take the dog to the beach, when I know I will be driving the LR. Addressing some of the the most commonly discussed points re. the LR4 Cost - this vehicle is not cheap, but is not much more than a 4Runner LTD, about the same as a Volvo XC90, is less than an X5 or ML/GL350. However, you get a whole lot more for your money. Value - as mentioned above, you get more for your money in the LR than its comparably sized competitors. A level of luxury that meets or beats Lexus/BMW/Mercedes, and off-road abilities that are better than any of these competitors except maybe the 4Runner. I would back the LR over the Toyota, if for nothing else, the powerplant. The 5.0L V-8 is a beast. Reliability - Land Rover has a bad reputation for reliability. This is probably deserved on some of the older models. I can only speak to my experience. I have had a couple of minor electrical issues (a bad fuel sensing unit, and a stereo power issue) that were both resolved pretty quickly under warranty. Otherwise, its rock steady. Maintenance - Oil changes cost more than a moon shot ($130ish!). BUT, you only have to do them every 15000 miles (yes, 15000 is not a typo). Tires and brakes will last between 30 and 40000 miles, if you don't drive super aggressively. Fuel Economy - worried about fuel prices? Don't bother looking at an LR until they bring a diesel to the US. This thing is thirsty. Corp Support - I haven't had any run ins with LR Nth America, though I have heard some horror stories. Not too impressed with their recent effort to charge $250 to update the maps in the Nav system. Overall Impression - this is an amazing vehicle, massively confidence inspiring. Whether bombing down the interstate at 85, or climbing an ice covered drive, or a slick snowy mountain road, the LR seems completely sure footed. It is ridiculously comfortable, and very roomy. The features offered are impressive, and make me wonder how LR sells any Range Rovers when they offer the LR4 with so many bells and whistles. Its hard to imagine going back to reliable(ly) boring old Toyota after this...."

Most enjoyable vehicle I've ever driven

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Cabin, ride, and off road capability."

Cons: "Quirky blue tooth connection."

"The LR4 is the most incredibly comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. And I have driven many who's price tag far exceeded that of the LR4. It's driving dynamics are the perfect blend between comfort and handling. In fact, I've enjoyed it more than the range rovers. The proper range rover has a very plush ride, too soft, the sport is far too harsh, the LR4 is the perfect balance! All this before discussing its legendary mountain goat capabilities."

Skip it!

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "looks cool, drives nice"

Cons: "lots of little problems"

"I'm not sure where to start with this car. I have never paid this much for a vehicle and had this many problems, all before 11,000 miles. Water in the headliner, driver's power window stopped working, rear wiper stopped working, retractable tailgate cable broke, voice command didn't work. Really? 60k for this? I would like to say Land Rover has a long way to go as far as quality, but their track record of quirks and problems has been around for years. It appears that they will never get it right. Never again..........."

Best suv out there.

By on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "2nd row seat is kinda small. Expensive maintaince."

"Everyone that sits in it agrees"

You know you want it

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Best in class"

Cons: "Start a gas savings account now"

"After more than a decade driving Toyota/Lexus SUVs, I knew I wanted the LR4 the second I drove it. The new 5.0L V8 is super impressive, with power left over. Suspension and steering are well tuned, with a tight turn radius and decent road feel even on the interstate. Little noticeable body roll, and none of the "swaying" at high speeds in windy conditions that sometimes make SUVs feel unsafe. Winding country roads get eaten up and spat out smoothly. Off road, of course, it is effortless. Towing is fine, would like LR to include a complete tow package (including trailer brake and full size spare) as standard; regardless it feels secure and with plenty of juice for trailering (boats, which is all I have used it for). Styling is great, different from other large SUVs, but not trying too hard. Interior is nice, very well equipped, spacious and well appointed, but understated. A comparison with the Range Rover equipment leaves me wondering why anyone would spend the extra (up to $10 - 30000)? Terrain Response system is well designed and effective. Biggest gripes are fuel efficiency, and cost of oil changes. Yea, oil change interval is 15000 miles, so I guess it is priced as 3 normal oil changes? New engine design means that at home oil changes are a thing of the past. A note on reliability - LR has a terrible rep for reliability. I think this has changed since the later years of the LR3, and now the LR4. With over 25000 miles in 22 months, the only issues I have encountered are minor electrical bugs. Fuel sensor died early, was replaced and works fine since (this seemed super common, I would bet it is no longer an issue); stereo possessed by screeching demons one afternoon, and has been fine since. Mechanically this truck is solid, electrically is has personality.... Overall, love this SUV. You will too."

Beautiful

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Confidence to go anywhere you please, and in style"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

Coastal highway roadtrip

"I have to admit shelling out what you would for this car was something I had to deal with, but once driving it home and seeing it in the drive, I knew I loved it. Traditionally LR's (Land Rover) have been unreliable, so I was hesitant to look at them to begin with, but once we saw the revamped 2010 we had to take a look at it. We found it had an all new V8 from Jaguar so that was a key factor overcoming the reliability issue I was concerned about. Smart move Tata. Suddenly you were getting a great engine with an interior that matched previous Range Rover's. The LR4 is bigger and more functional than the other LR models with the 2nd row seats folding completely flat matching the cargo space. Hard disc NAV. Curving headlamps. Air suspension lowers for easy entry. All Key. All of a sudden the LR4(Discovery)is no longer the hand me down, 2nd run, starving, adventurous student SUV. Being an English car you knew what you were getting into with the electronics, however, they are minor except for the rear camera, which is a common problem. Japanese system; you would think it would be money. They fixed it under warranty. Yes some lights have come on, but they havn't been anything that kept the car from functioning, and have been more of minor problems. The stereo has locked up on me using the usb port, but nothing a start/stop hadn't solved. Problem never re-occured. Advantage LR4 with the clock w/i eye sight compared to RR. Odd, but true. Still thinking that we're more active than we really are, our mtn bikes and rooftop cargo box looks at home on the LR4, not the RR. I can see where somone might say something about cheap parts, but every car has something. The LR4 there are few. We compared the Lexus models, but the consoles looked and felt cheap, chinsy even in our opinion. Our car is built solid w/o any hard plastic in the dash squeaking, or anything falling off. If you use it properly, and what it is meant for, you ultimately will bang something up on the car. That said if you want to coddle something, and pose get a lexus or any other non descript Asian brand. Or pay even more for European SUVs for matching accoutrements. Tata is onto something here and the automotive industry has recognized that fact. Knowing you have this vehicle in your garage gives you the confidence to take those trips you have always wanted. Enjoy it, everyone else does as you pass them by."

Coastal highway roadtrip

Over Priced, put together Cheap!!

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Cons: "expensive, things break to easy"

"My radio keeps going out, even if you turn the car off it doesn't come back on. We have had to take it into the dealership 3 times because of bad connections for the cameras. A cheap plastic piece beside the passenger side door came off while we were driving down the highway and now recently at the gas station right after filling up as we pulled out of the gas station, the gas gauge went from full to saying empty. Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone especially since it cost us above $60,000. Should have bought the Lexus we were looking at! My sister owns a 2010 LR3 and is having some of the same problems. In my opinion, they are put together way to quickly and cheaply! Don't waste your money."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals