2012 Land Rover LR4

8.3

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2010 - 2016 models.

Amazing SUV overall and truly reliable

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "lots of power, comfortable, good looking, real 4x4"

Cons: "2010 model did not have bluetooth music streaming"

"I bought this car used because it was in like new condition and I was looking for a SUV with the following feature: - Need to seat 7 - Must have a tow rating of at least 7500lbs - Must be a "real" 4x4 (low range) - Must have a tight turn radius and be compact enough to fit in a parking space (I have to park in a parking garage where I work) - Must be fun to drive! I tried the q7, x5, MBs, grand cherokee, sequoia, but couldn't find anything that would meet all my demands...Until i tried a used LR4 and fell in love right away! But then I did some research and was concerned with the reliability of the vehicle. After 6 month of hard use (long road trip, off road in Colorado, towing of a 21ft/4000lbs camper for 3000 miles)I am happy to report that the only cheap part I had to replace on my LR4 was a spare wheel winch, broken by a not so bright mechanic... It's been a reliable, fast, comfortable, family car, and I average 17.5 MPG in mixed use. Towing will drop the MPG to a dismal 11 mpg, but it is expected when towing above 6000 feet. I am seriously considering buying a second one for my wife so that she stops stealing my ride! Final note: I have tested the 2014 version of the LR4 and found it underpowered, and the absence of a low range case make it a no go for me."

You know you want it

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Best in class"

Cons: "Start a gas savings account now"

"After more than a decade driving Toyota/Lexus SUVs, I knew I wanted the LR4 the second I drove it. The new 5.0L V8 is super impressive, with power left over. Suspension and steering are well tuned, with a tight turn radius and decent road feel even on the interstate. Little noticeable body roll, and none of the "swaying" at high speeds in windy conditions that sometimes make SUVs feel unsafe. Winding country roads get eaten up and spat out smoothly. Off road, of course, it is effortless. Towing is fine, would like LR to include a complete tow package (including trailer brake and full size spare) as standard; regardless it feels secure and with plenty of juice for trailering (boats, which is all I have used it for). Styling is great, different from other large SUVs, but not trying too hard. Interior is nice, very well equipped, spacious and well appointed, but understated. A comparison with the Range Rover equipment leaves me wondering why anyone would spend the extra (up to $10 - 30000)? Terrain Response system is well designed and effective. Biggest gripes are fuel efficiency, and cost of oil changes. Yea, oil change interval is 15000 miles, so I guess it is priced as 3 normal oil changes? New engine design means that at home oil changes are a thing of the past. A note on reliability - LR has a terrible rep for reliability. I think this has changed since the later years of the LR3, and now the LR4. With over 25000 miles in 22 months, the only issues I have encountered are minor electrical bugs. Fuel sensor died early, was replaced and works fine since (this seemed super common, I would bet it is no longer an issue); stereo possessed by screeching demons one afternoon, and has been fine since. Mechanically this truck is solid, electrically is has personality.... Overall, love this SUV. You will too."

Pleasurable experience

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pros: "overall fit finish, ride quality"

Cons: "Hard to say"

"Overall, I have been impressed. This is my 3rd LR, but not back to back. I gave a Jeep Cherokee (new model) a try and while I was impressed with what jeep has done with the vehicle, it just doesn't compare to the LR4. Honestly, I could use a better tech. integration, similar to BMW, at this price point, but what LR has currently (in control apps) is pretty innovative as is. The fit/finish is fantastic, ride quality-amazing and overall you know your driving in a luxury well crafted vehicle when your driving it. The use of space is superb, especially when considering the new Discovery sport or the Range Rover Sport. This one just makes total sense with kids and being used as a all round purpose vehicle. Couldn't be happier so far and expect to be in the landcover family, with another purchase even before were done with this new member of the family. Oh.. YULONG white is a head turner. I had a guy wanting to buy mine off the lot as I was taking delivery, but respectfully declined. (it was the only one they had on the lot :) )"

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"I've owned the 2011 for a couple of months now and compared it to the competition when looking to buy. For the same price, the amount of luxury and capability you get for the money makes the LR4 a hands down winner when compared to BMW, Audi, Lexus and Mercedes. The LR4 is extremely capable offroad and the interior is very comfortable with a high level of finishes. I'm very happy that I made the purchase. Excellent design and value for the money."

Great all-around vehicle

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Very practical, nice interior, fun to drive"

Cons: "None yet"

"Purchased a new LR4 a few months ago and already have over 4,000 miles from driving part way across the country. This vehicle fits my needs in every way. The size of it easily allows multiple bikes to be put in it. The third row seats comfortably fit adults while also folding flat with the second row to allow lots of hauling space. The ride is quite smooth with the air suspension. The interior is well appointed in the HSE model and the interface for the touch screen is easy to use (the backup camera is also a must if parallel parking in a city). My primary concern prior to purchasing the car was reliability but I have done highway, city and light off-road driving without any issues except for a squeak from the rear brake which went away after a few days. Overall, a great car especially versus the competition."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals