"I have nothing but good things to say about my LR4! The ride, the seats, the options, the maneuverability, interior design even has a spot for my dog! You can fold down the middle seat in the second row...perfect spot for a dog with his harness strapped to the LATCH teather bar. Or, fold down middle seat for walk-thru access to comfortable 3rd row. Plenty of room in 3rd row for a small adult. Tons of compartments all over vehicle for easy storage. Love the cooler in the armrest (LUX). Love the stereo. LOVE how it drives! Once you own one you'll never own a different SUV. Mine had one issue with the fuel gauge and THAT'S IT. They fixed it while I waited and was covered under warranty. No other issues! Also love the height adjustment...lower the SUV when wearing a skirt or when picking up my Grandmother. All-around perfect SUV! I have the LUX and it was well worth the extra dollars."
Pros: "Nice heavy vehicle for long-distance driving."
Cons: "Fuel tank is way too small for long distance drive"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 4
"* The fuel mileage is low. Why couldn't they just have a 4WD shifting mechanism to avoid the wear and tear and fuel mileage.
* The 14/17 mpg is poor, but what makes it worse is the small fuel tank.
* Radio - no tuning knob. A driver is distracted seeking stations, especially when changing distance ranges to seek other FM stations.
I tried the SIRIUS radio. What a joke! Try attempting to go through their stations, and the regular radio, and the navigation system. One has to be a technical engineer.
That's not driving enjoyment.
* Vehicle is very noisy at highway speeds(70-75 mph).
* Drivers side seat belt does NOT always detract when leaving the vehicle.
* The low fuel indicator has always been off by 2.1 to 2.2 gallons.
* The brake pedal is way TO CLOSE to the accelerator pedal when one needs to wear insulated boots in the severe cold and snow conditions.
* This vehicle is nothing but a status symbol. impressive to some, but its practicality goes downhill very fast.
* The running boards, although plastic, developed rust colorization from its steel structure."
"This big SUV drives like a dream. The large windows give me a clear view at all times. It's easy to park, and the turning radius makes this vehicle so easy to maneuver. There is plenty of room for carrying everything that's important. The best vehicle I have ever owned!!"
Cons: "Opening top hatch door and audio touch screen"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 10
"This car excels beyond my expectations. Performance is excellent. Passing an 18-wheeler on a highway is effortless. The interior is absolutely top quality and is superior to any other luxury car I have experienced. The materials are exceptional and when you touch the doorknobs, the seats or the steering wheel, you are constantly reminded of it. This car has the perfect combination of elegance and function. It truly stands alone. I will never buy anything else after having owned this car."
"An excellent investment in an excellent vehicle. She has never given me any trouble in ice or deep snow. We did put different tires on other than the factory ones, we have a lot of deep snow falls and just wanted to be prepared. Fun to drive and comfortable for hours. I get so many compliments on what a pretty car she is, she is a metallic black and shines like a star. You cannot go wrong with this vehicle!"