• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2012 Land Rover LR4

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"This is my third Land Rover and I love it! It is powerful, rugged, and refined. Easily the best vehicle I have owned. Goes anywhere with class and style. Tows our tournament wake boarding boat with ease, conquers the best four wheel drive trails in the west, and valet parks with pride. So, I love it!"

Happiness is Driving a LR4

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, excellant value, superior quality"

"I purchased my 2013 LR4 last year and have driven it for over twelve thousand miles. I gave every category a perfect ten; because, I cannot find fault with anything in this car. The LR4 is an absolute pleasure to drive. The comfort is very nice and the interior is well laid out. The quality is great and not one single thing has gone wrong with this car. The car has plenty of power and the stereo sounds very nice. Compared to the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland I test drove, the LR4 had a superior ride. I also test drove the Mercedes ML 450 and found it to be over priced and too high tech. On vacation I drove a Mercedes ML 350 for the week and thought it was very nice. The stereo and stereo controls on the Mercedes were nicer than the LR4 but that was all that I thought was better. It was great getting home and having the LR4 at the airport to drive home. I guess you are either a Mercedes person or not. I prefer the more rugged styling of the LR4. Before buying the Land Rover BMW and Audi were also on the list to test drive. However,once I drove the LR4 I did not need to drive the BMW X5 or Audi X7. I was sold on the spot. The LR4 has all of the necessary luxury you'd want in an SUV with out going over board (like the ML 450). The LR4 is a very nice luxury SUV that is very capable of going off road. I have driven this car in the snow and in icy conditions common in Maryland and the SUV just tears it up. My worries are the other drivers on the road and not with the LR4's ability to handle bad weather conditions. So if you are looking for a SUV such as a BMW, Mercedes or Audi, save your money and buy the LR4. And if you are looking for something like a 4Runner or Grand Cherokee spend the extra money and buy the LR4. You'll be happy you did. They say money cannot buy happiness; but, driving a Land Rover LR4 can bring you happiness."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Driver comfort, foul weather brilliance"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"The LR4 is a great vehicle for what I expected from it. It has very good storage space for hauling luggage and other items for long family trips. Very good sight lines and seating position for driving. The LR4 really shines when I find myself in adverse weather. The vehicle feels made to be driving through deep snow, on ice, etc. The rotary selection traction control system works very well. I have had absolutely no trouble moving around during this year's snowstorms and cold weather. The vehicle does not get the best gas mileage as noted. However, for a vehicle that can haul 5 people on a long trip with all of the associated cargo I do not mind. With the 3rd row seats up and occupied the storage space is limited."

Love love love this SUV!!

By on Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Pros: "LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!"

"I have nothing but good things to say about my LR4! The ride, the seats, the options, the maneuverability, interior design even has a spot for my dog! You can fold down the middle seat in the second row...perfect spot for a dog with his harness strapped to the LATCH teather bar. Or, fold down middle seat for walk-thru access to comfortable 3rd row. Plenty of room in 3rd row for a small adult. Tons of compartments all over vehicle for easy storage. Love the cooler in the armrest (LUX). Love the stereo. LOVE how it drives! Once you own one you'll never own a different SUV. Mine had one issue with the fuel gauge and THAT'S IT. They fixed it while I waited and was covered under warranty. No other issues! Also love the height adjustment...lower the SUV when wearing a skirt or when picking up my Grandmother. All-around perfect SUV! I have the LUX and it was well worth the extra dollars."

Sadly a waste of money....

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "A stylish appearance"

Cons: "Not reliable and expensive maintenance"

"Before purchasing the LR4, I had always admired the stylish look of a Land Rover & Range Rover's. Now that I have owned the vehicle, the excitement has worn off after consistent issues with the following items: Camera system had to be replaced, sometimes the windows will not go up or down, The battery has left me stranded countless times... it was even dead at the dealership after I was picking the vehicle up after service (they said the battery was fine), the computer system has constant warnings displayed to include the "hood is open" which by the way it is never open... because of this I can no longer lock the vehice. The gas will display empty, even though it is full of gas. The auto wipers go off when it is not raining, and you can not turn them off before going into the car wash... I have replaced the wipers twice. The navigation system is very difficult to use and gets us lost all of the time. It also took us 30 minutes to figure out the DVD system that is not user friendly. Our computer system reflects the United Kingdon instead of the US... although we have changed it countless times. Once the car is turned off, it reverts back to a British format. We are currently getting another vehicle because we are getting ready for a trip and we know that the Land Rover is VERY UNRELIABLE...."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals