"Great car - quiet and confortable regardless of outside conditions.
LR4 with V8 we bought in 2010. I used it for daily commute 80 miles one way for 2.5 years in heavy NYC/NJ/Connecticut traffic and can tell that this is a great car. We drove it from Florida in Summer to Canada in Winter and this is the best car for family trips. Car is not simple and in the beginning it had some hiccups, but fortunately car was on warranty. I want new one with V8."
Pros: "Nice heavy vehicle for long-distance driving."
Cons: "Fuel tank is way too small for long distance drive"
Likely to recommend this car? (1-10): 4
"* The fuel mileage is low. Why couldn't they just have a 4WD shifting mechanism to avoid the wear and tear and fuel mileage.
* The 14/17 mpg is poor, but what makes it worse is the small fuel tank.
* Radio - no tuning knob. A driver is distracted seeking stations, especially when changing distance ranges to seek other FM stations.
I tried the SIRIUS radio. What a joke! Try attempting to go through their stations, and the regular radio, and the navigation system. One has to be a technical engineer.
That's not driving enjoyment.
* Vehicle is very noisy at highway speeds(70-75 mph).
* Drivers side seat belt does NOT always detract when leaving the vehicle.
* The low fuel indicator has always been off by 2.1 to 2.2 gallons.
* The brake pedal is way TO CLOSE to the accelerator pedal when one needs to wear insulated boots in the severe cold and snow conditions.
* This vehicle is nothing but a status symbol. impressive to some, but its practicality goes downhill very fast.
* The running boards, although plastic, developed rust colorization from its steel structure."
"I bought a 2015 LR4 in March, and thought I would share some information with prospective buyers. Land Rover USA has admitted that their is a problem in the air conditioning system of the 2015 LR4s, a problem that causes a high pitched whistle to be emitted from the dashboard area whenever the air conditioner is on (as it often is if you live in texas). Land Rover says this is a "characteristic" of the 2015 LR4s, and have offered no fix for the problem. If you are considering purchasing an LR4, I would seriously reconsider, until Land Rover has a fix for this issue. Though the dealership has tried, they have been unable to fix the problem, and my car has spent over 40 days in the shop since I purchased it."
"An excellent investment in an excellent vehicle. She has never given me any trouble in ice or deep snow. We did put different tires on other than the factory ones, we have a lot of deep snow falls and just wanted to be prepared. Fun to drive and comfortable for hours. I get so many compliments on what a pretty car she is, she is a metallic black and shines like a star. You cannot go wrong with this vehicle!"
"This car is top notch.
My only complaint is that the navigation system, like the car itself, is built to be driven off-road. This means that steps which should take one click actually require three or four confirmation steps. This gets real old after the first month. Why Land Rover didn't pair up with Tom-Tom is beyond me."