• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Land Rover LR4

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Nothing Compares To This Car!

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pros: "Overall performance, quality and design"

Cons: "Opening top hatch door and audio touch screen"

"This car excels beyond my expectations. Performance is excellent. Passing an 18-wheeler on a highway is effortless. The interior is absolutely top quality and is superior to any other luxury car I have experienced. The materials are exceptional and when you touch the doorknobs, the seats or the steering wheel, you are constantly reminded of it. This car has the perfect combination of elegance and function. It truly stands alone. I will never buy anything else after having owned this car."

Love this vehicle!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and very sporty!"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This big SUV drives like a dream. The large windows give me a clear view at all times. It's easy to park, and the turning radius makes this vehicle so easy to maneuver. There is plenty of room for carrying everything that's important. The best vehicle I have ever owned!!"

Much improved over our LR-3. Great SUV

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "A perfect car for the mountains of Colorado"

Cons: "3rd row seats hard to open and close"

"We love our LR-4. The interior is super luxurious. Lots of backseat room as well as storage space in the rear. The handling I'd much better than our old LR-3 and the more powerful engine really improves performance on steep mountain roads"

25 years of Land Rovers. This LR4 is the best!

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "FANTASTIC CAR! VALUE! Powerful engine & LUXURY!"

Cons: "5 liter engines chew gas"

This is the Nara Bronze (the color I chose).

"I've owned Land Rover Discovery, LR3s, and LR4s, since the very first Discovery came out with its solid axles. Although there has been much improvement over the years, this LR 4 (HSE with luxury, HID lighting package, 3 rows of seats, Harmon Kardon audio, surround camera viewing with sonar, and every other package) is far and away the best I've ever had. Ironically, I was about to switch to BMW, but the LR 4 is simply a BETTER VALUE than anything from BMW, MB, or Lexus (when you take in all the equipment, features, and abilities)! With a 5 liter V8 that throws off 375 hp and 375 lb/foot of torque, the car finally has the engine it deserves. Similarly, the Harmon/Kardon sound system is out of this world. Lastly, the leather and wood that comes with the luxury package is just head and shoulders above any car interior I've seen in a vehicle priced under $75,000. FANTASTIC CAR!!! I've loved every minute of it. Fantastic car!"

This is the Nara Bronze (the color I chose).

Cons: "Poor reliability, sparse and indifferent dealers"

"Bought my 2011 LR4 new, now has 51,500 miles....and in the shop, again, for numerous warning lights and messages though it is running fine. This will be our first out of warranty repair.....had warranty repairs for malfunctioning fuel gauge (took two trips to fix), radio (four trips to fix), rear view camera, defective door locks, alarm going off for no reason, and broken driver door latch cable. We tow with it, need the 4WD for snow, go skiing with it, need the third row with our kids, and have towed a travel trailer many times with it. It also looks great and the paint and interior still look good after a lot of tough use. So in many respects it is an ideal family car for us, but it is the most troublesome car I have EVER owned. It has never stranded us, but has had many serious problems. The service experience has been lacking as well, I blame some of the problems on poor diagnosis or repair efforts."

It was good New

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"Car is great, service is not so great. This is my second LR4 and I love them but this second one has been a fail due to comfort of seats, brake issues, and other things malfunctioning within the vehicle. The middle seats have issues folding down and back up."

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

"This is my third Land Rover and I love it! It is powerful, rugged, and refined. Easily the best vehicle I have owned. Goes anywhere with class and style. Tows our tournament wake boarding boat with ease, conquers the best four wheel drive trails in the west, and valet parks with pride. So, I love it!"

Happiness is Driving a LR4

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, excellant value, superior quality"

"I purchased my 2013 LR4 last year and have driven it for over twelve thousand miles. I gave every category a perfect ten; because, I cannot find fault with anything in this car. The LR4 is an absolute pleasure to drive. The comfort is very nice and the interior is well laid out. The quality is great and not one single thing has gone wrong with this car. The car has plenty of power and the stereo sounds very nice. Compared to the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland I test drove, the LR4 had a superior ride. I also test drove the Mercedes ML 450 and found it to be over priced and too high tech. On vacation I drove a Mercedes ML 350 for the week and thought it was very nice. The stereo and stereo controls on the Mercedes were nicer than the LR4 but that was all that I thought was better. It was great getting home and having the LR4 at the airport to drive home. I guess you are either a Mercedes person or not. I prefer the more rugged styling of the LR4. Before buying the Land Rover BMW and Audi were also on the list to test drive. However,once I drove the LR4 I did not need to drive the BMW X5 or Audi X7. I was sold on the spot. The LR4 has all of the necessary luxury you'd want in an SUV with out going over board (like the ML 450). The LR4 is a very nice luxury SUV that is very capable of going off road. I have driven this car in the snow and in icy conditions common in Maryland and the SUV just tears it up. My worries are the other drivers on the road and not with the LR4's ability to handle bad weather conditions. So if you are looking for a SUV such as a BMW, Mercedes or Audi, save your money and buy the LR4. And if you are looking for something like a 4Runner or Grand Cherokee spend the extra money and buy the LR4. You'll be happy you did. They say money cannot buy happiness; but, driving a Land Rover LR4 can bring you happiness."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals