2010 Land Rover LR4

Based on 30 Ratings for the 2010 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next

You know you want it

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Best in class"

Cons: "Start a gas savings account now"

"After more than a decade driving Toyota/Lexus SUVs, I knew I wanted the LR4 the second I drove it. The new 5.0L V8 is super impressive, with power left over. Suspension and steering are well tuned, with a tight turn radius and decent road feel even on the interstate. Little noticeable body roll, and none of the "swaying" at high speeds in windy conditions that sometimes make SUVs feel unsafe. Winding country roads get eaten up and spat out smoothly. Off road, of course, it is effortless. Towing is fine, would like LR to include a complete tow package (including trailer brake and full size spare) as standard; regardless it feels secure and with plenty of juice for trailering (boats, which is all I have used it for). Styling is great, different from other large SUVs, but not trying too hard. Interior is nice, very well equipped, spacious and well appointed, but understated. A comparison with the Range Rover equipment leaves me wondering why anyone would spend the extra (up to $10 - 30000)? Terrain Response system is well designed and effective. Biggest gripes are fuel efficiency, and cost of oil changes. Yea, oil change interval is 15000 miles, so I guess it is priced as 3 normal oil changes? New engine design means that at home oil changes are a thing of the past. A note on reliability - LR has a terrible rep for reliability. I think this has changed since the later years of the LR3, and now the LR4. With over 25000 miles in 22 months, the only issues I have encountered are minor electrical bugs. Fuel sensor died early, was replaced and works fine since (this seemed super common, I would bet it is no longer an issue); stereo possessed by screeching demons one afternoon, and has been fine since. Mechanically this truck is solid, electrically is has personality.... Overall, love this SUV. You will too."

Beautiful

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Confidence to go anywhere you please, and in style"

Cons: "Fuel consumption"

Coastal highway roadtrip

"I have to admit shelling out what you would for this car was something I had to deal with, but once driving it home and seeing it in the drive, I knew I loved it. Traditionally LR's (Land Rover) have been unreliable, so I was hesitant to look at them to begin with, but once we saw the revamped 2010 we had to take a look at it. We found it had an all new V8 from Jaguar so that was a key factor overcoming the reliability issue I was concerned about. Smart move Tata. Suddenly you were getting a great engine with an interior that matched previous Range Rover's. The LR4 is bigger and more functional than the other LR models with the 2nd row seats folding completely flat matching the cargo space. Hard disc NAV. Curving headlamps. Air suspension lowers for easy entry. All Key. All of a sudden the LR4(Discovery)is no longer the hand me down, 2nd run, starving, adventurous student SUV. Being an English car you knew what you were getting into with the electronics, however, they are minor except for the rear camera, which is a common problem. Japanese system; you would think it would be money. They fixed it under warranty. Yes some lights have come on, but they havn't been anything that kept the car from functioning, and have been more of minor problems. The stereo has locked up on me using the usb port, but nothing a start/stop hadn't solved. Problem never re-occured. Advantage LR4 with the clock w/i eye sight compared to RR. Odd, but true. Still thinking that we're more active than we really are, our mtn bikes and rooftop cargo box looks at home on the LR4, not the RR. I can see where somone might say something about cheap parts, but every car has something. The LR4 there are few. We compared the Lexus models, but the consoles looked and felt cheap, chinsy even in our opinion. Our car is built solid w/o any hard plastic in the dash squeaking, or anything falling off. If you use it properly, and what it is meant for, you ultimately will bang something up on the car. That said if you want to coddle something, and pose get a lexus or any other non descript Asian brand. Or pay even more for European SUVs for matching accoutrements. Tata is onto something here and the automotive industry has recognized that fact. Knowing you have this vehicle in your garage gives you the confidence to take those trips you have always wanted. Enjoy it, everyone else does as you pass them by."

Coastal highway roadtrip

Over Priced, put together Cheap!!

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Cons: "expensive, things break to easy"

"My radio keeps going out, even if you turn the car off it doesn't come back on. We have had to take it into the dealership 3 times because of bad connections for the cameras. A cheap plastic piece beside the passenger side door came off while we were driving down the highway and now recently at the gas station right after filling up as we pulled out of the gas station, the gas gauge went from full to saying empty. Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone especially since it cost us above $60,000. Should have bought the Lexus we were looking at! My sister owns a 2010 LR3 and is having some of the same problems. In my opinion, they are put together way to quickly and cheaply! Don't waste your money."

Great all-around vehicle

By on Friday, August 19, 2011

Pros: "Very practical, nice interior, fun to drive"

Cons: "None yet"

"Purchased a new LR4 a few months ago and already have over 4,000 miles from driving part way across the country. This vehicle fits my needs in every way. The size of it easily allows multiple bikes to be put in it. The third row seats comfortably fit adults while also folding flat with the second row to allow lots of hauling space. The ride is quite smooth with the air suspension. The interior is well appointed in the HSE model and the interface for the touch screen is easy to use (the backup camera is also a must if parallel parking in a city). My primary concern prior to purchasing the car was reliability but I have done highway, city and light off-road driving without any issues except for a squeak from the rear brake which went away after a few days. Overall, a great car especially versus the competition."

Very polished

By on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

"I have had this vehicle for almost a year now and it is still amazing to me. It's extreemly comfortable and quiet for a truck that can do amazing things off-road. It hauls the family around well and everyone has ample room."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for