• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Land Rover LR4

Based on 32 Ratings for the 2010 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Everyone that sees my car asks me is it really as good off road as they say? I can answer "IT IS!". I went on the Land Rover Encino Off Road experience and I off road frequently myself. I climb up rock walls, wade through water and mud and the car will not get stuck. I even have been threw multiple feet of snow. The adjustable height makes it super capable off road! The 4 wheel drive system is excellent and easy to use. On the road you would never know it is basically a huge truck. It's quite, comfortable, and has as smaller turning radius than my BMW 3 series. The systems (navigation stereo etc.) are all straight forward and easy to use. I love that the navigation diverts you around traffic! The seats are extremely comfortable and the interior is sharp looking. Finally, I am an equestrian so my LR4 hauls hay, bags of feed tack, huge wood truck and spends more time on dirt than on pavement. I have never had any sort of problem. In fact, the only time it's been to the dealer was to get the scheduled servie"

Love my LR4

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, can haul anything, great technology"

Cons: "Price is high"

"I have an HSE Lux version. Love this car. Expensive, although it has had no issues since purchasing new (currently approx 18k miles)."

Sophisticated ruggedness

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "Classy, cool, good price for what you get"

Cons: "Nothing yet, didn't love the dealer guys, thedidn'"

"Love it, only owned it a month but just love it. Feels very high end and only medium high end price. Smooth ride, classy, well built, simple nav and feels much nicer than my 2012 mdx."

The best bang for the buck SUV on the road

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, a vehicle to fall in love with"

Cons: "Fuel economy is pretty awful"

"I have owned the 2010 LR4 since Jan 2010, and have just clocked 30000 miles. I think I finally have enough experience to offer some insight into the value this vehicle offers. Firstly, let me just say, I love it. Even after 2 years of ownership, I still get excited for a trip to the store or to take the dog to the beach, when I know I will be driving the LR. Addressing some of the the most commonly discussed points re. the LR4 Cost - this vehicle is not cheap, but is not much more than a 4Runner LTD, about the same as a Volvo XC90, is less than an X5 or ML/GL350. However, you get a whole lot more for your money. Value - as mentioned above, you get more for your money in the LR than its comparably sized competitors. A level of luxury that meets or beats Lexus/BMW/Mercedes, and off-road abilities that are better than any of these competitors except maybe the 4Runner. I would back the LR over the Toyota, if for nothing else, the powerplant. The 5.0L V-8 is a beast. Reliability - Land Rover has a bad reputation for reliability. This is probably deserved on some of the older models. I can only speak to my experience. I have had a couple of minor electrical issues (a bad fuel sensing unit, and a stereo power issue) that were both resolved pretty quickly under warranty. Otherwise, its rock steady. Maintenance - Oil changes cost more than a moon shot ($130ish!). BUT, you only have to do them every 15000 miles (yes, 15000 is not a typo). Tires and brakes will last between 30 and 40000 miles, if you don't drive super aggressively. Fuel Economy - worried about fuel prices? Don't bother looking at an LR until they bring a diesel to the US. This thing is thirsty. Corp Support - I haven't had any run ins with LR Nth America, though I have heard some horror stories. Not too impressed with their recent effort to charge $250 to update the maps in the Nav system. Overall Impression - this is an amazing vehicle, massively confidence inspiring. Whether bombing down the interstate at 85, or climbing an ice covered drive, or a slick snowy mountain road, the LR seems completely sure footed. It is ridiculously comfortable, and very roomy. The features offered are impressive, and make me wonder how LR sells any Range Rovers when they offer the LR4 with so many bells and whistles. Its hard to imagine going back to reliable(ly) boring old Toyota after this...."

Most enjoyable vehicle I've ever driven

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pros: "Cabin, ride, and off road capability."

Cons: "Quirky blue tooth connection."

"The LR4 is the most incredibly comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. And I have driven many who's price tag far exceeded that of the LR4. It's driving dynamics are the perfect blend between comfort and handling. In fact, I've enjoyed it more than the range rovers. The proper range rover has a very plush ride, too soft, the sport is far too harsh, the LR4 is the perfect balance! All this before discussing its legendary mountain goat capabilities."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR4 near Honolulu. See local deals