2008 Land Rover LR3

7.7

Based on 228 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

By on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Pros: "Spacious Feel, Unique Look, Lots of Space"

Cons: "Maintenance/Service Costs, Fuel Costs"

"I have been driving this car from 4,000 miles to the current 152,000 miles. Besides the basic maintenance, this car has been extremely reliable and a great driver. My previous car was a discovery, which I had a few maintenance issues with, but the LR3 has really been a great car for me over the past 5 years. The tall ride and interior glass really give this car a bright and spacious feel. Probably one of my most favorite features on the car. Drives amazing in the snow and off road conditions. Rarely use the 3rd row seat, but when we do, it works nicely. TONS of cargo space in back as the 3rd row folds completely in the floor. I would say some of the sub-par items on the car include the ride, (A little rigid and tipsy-probably due to the pure shape of the car), the acceleration is not the best, and the sound system is decent...but not great. Maintenance items can also get spendy (but what luxury vehicle does not have that). Fuel efficiency has been decent....get an average of 17 mpg. I'm not to much of a speedster, and I'm usually putting freeway miles on. Overall, I have loved this car and it works great for me running around for work and also taking the family on a road trip. Due to the miles, I'm buying a new car at this moment, but will continue to keep this Rover for our family use!"

Very good vehicle if you know how to own it.

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable, safe, parts are becoming easy to find and buy"

Cons: "20 to 25 mpg on the highway"

In the rough stuff.

"I purchased this vehicle used in November 2007 and have put 72,700 miles on it, gone through 2 sets of tires, one battery, one set of drive belts, one tune up, dozens of oil changes, 2 sets of brake pads and rotors, and one set of sway bar bushings. I perform maintenance on this vehicle every 5000 miles and try to lift the hood every weekend to just check things out. The most reliable vehicle I have every own and feel that others are having problems with it because they don't know how to own it. I suspect that they just put gas in it and drive until something breaks or starts to make a bad noise. This is true for a lot of cars but this one requires you to have some kind of regular service. Not expensive at all! If you are pretty good with cars and keeping up to date on the service, then this vehicle will never leave you on the side of the road."

In the rough stuff.

Bentley of SUV's

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

"I own a Bentley and used to own a range rover, and i traded the range rover for the LR3 at an incredible offer ended up with $20,000 in my pocket and the LR3 on the deal. I find my LR3 very well similar to my Bentley maybe some minor differences like the dashboard quality, but its like an Roll Royce in an SUV body. Horrible value after two years, horrible gas mileage therefore, its not for the cost conscious buyer or the economically friendly user this the best of the best its like driving a rolls royce.. incredible size, spacious interior, smooth ride, excellent suspension components, fast, sustainable through any weather.. i WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE TO BUY THIS CAR.. do not buy a range rover bcuz 1) you have the same equipment on an LR3 in terms of mechanical gearing, 2) similar engines 3) more room 4) bigger on the side than a range rover 5) its much better looking.. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR SOMEONE IS NOT A WELL HEALED BUYER because although it maybe sold at a cheap price maintaining it is ALOT of money!"

best truck believe it!

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, cool looks great seat configurations"

Cons: "gas milage, she is thirsty!"

"This truck has the power, looks, storage and passenger space you need! Fantastic in the snow and for shopping in bulk (BJs, Sam's Club). The trucks looks are cool and unique. When driving, the vision of road, being up high and the air ride make this truck very comfortable. The third row seats are the best around. I tried the Volvo, Pathfinder and LandCruiser, The LR3 has the coolest and most comfortable thrd row seats, period. Not much storage when third row is in use. More than enough cupholders and rear heated seats!"

Our favorite vehicle we have ever owned!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Holds it's value very well"

Cons: "Can't open second and third sunroofs"

"We loved our first LR so much, we traded our Mercedes in and bought another! We have had both (his and hers) for over 6 years and the only reason we are thinking of selling is to get the new LR4. Reliable, so much comfortable room (my husband is 6'6 and loves the space!) and you can literally take it anywhere! On my husbands hunting trips, his "Ford" buddies were giving him a hard time for his "fancy" truck. He has pulled more than one of them out of the mud or they have hopped in his to go where theirs would not. Two of them now own LR's....."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR3 near Honolulu. See local deals