2014 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,188 - $35,389.

Invoice N/A

10/6.5

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Even better than I expected

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I bought my 2009 LR2 HSE in August '09 and have 37.5K miles on it. It replaced a Jeep Grand Cherokee as my Winter/work vehicle, a Mazda RX-8 being the Summer/fun car. To my everlasting astonishment, I ended up selling my beloved RX-8 less than a year after buying the LR2, which I now drive year-round. That RX-8 was, hands-down, the most fun, best handling, most head-turning car I've ever owned. An absolute joy that turns untrained drivers (like me) into superstars. Yet driving the LR is so enjoyable that I no longer feel the need to manage (or pay for) two cars. Who'd guess that a 4400 lb. SUV could displace both a Jeep AND a ripping great sports car? Its reliability has been faultless and its capabilities astounding. Off road and bad weather performance are so confidence-building that one almost seeks excuses to drive in stupid conditions, just because one can. Through howling blizzards or torrential downpours we motor along in complete control and considerable comfort, serenely above the rest (except for Range Rover drivers, who are serenely above us, lol). During one of many storms last winter I encountered a typical mess: cars and other 4WD's spinning every which way and entirely blocking the road, unable to negotiate a moderate but long and icy hill. I engaged "Mud & Ruts" and tried the only open path: off the pavement and onto the grass verge, which was buried in 12-14" (!) of unplowed, untracked snow. As stuck drivers stared in disbelief, I drove straight up the hill past the whole snarlup on this "road" of my own making, leaving a wake and two tracks as proof of the Landie's prowess. On returning to the roadway I reverted to "Grass, Gravel & Snow" mode and continued up the glassy hill without even a hint of wheelspin. (P.S. You DO need snow tires to do this, not even a Landie can drive on bad tires.) :-D Luxury features, built in the best BQ-rated plant in Europe, the cachet of a marque less seen, capabilities few vehicles can match, an affordable price... what's not to like? Nitpicks: I have long legs and could use a little more seat depth. Land Rover accessories (like the roof/ski rack) are stupidly expensive. Service is too, though to be fair two dealers have treated me like I bought a $100K Range Rover and not the entry level model. Nice. There are no perfect cars but this one comes closer and does more for the money than most. Mileage averages 19-21 in mixed daily driving, 23-25 on highway trips. Highly recommended."

Love My LR2, But....

By on Saturday, October 24, 2009

"I just hit 30,000 miles and I am still under warranty but I am starting to have weird problems like hoses bursting and taking out the battery/alternator. Because it is a British vehicle and many of the US suppliers are no longer providing parts, it is getting more difficult to find parts unless they order from England which takes a few weeks at best. Other than that, I absolutely LOVE my car!"

Just Right Size for me & my Wife

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"This vehicle is awsome! It is snappy, handles the road like a sports car but gives you a high open view of the road. I avg 23-24 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg all around which is great for a vehicle over 4,000 lbs! It is very safe and rugged yet the ride is firm and comfortable, you won't get tired on long trips. The style is classy and prestigious looking. I'm very happy! The included service is outstanding."

have owned for 8 months, it's been a great so far

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

"bought a 2011 lr2 8 mths ago. it now has 51000 mls. it's been great so far. no problems. very solid and quiet. it did come with a 6 yr/100,000 mile warranty, but no problems. previous owner had no problems either. did my own oil change, pretty easy. white with almond, very sharp looking car. wish it got better gas millage, but worth it.. fairly quick. great in the snow. can't wait to get it on the beach this summer."

great small suv

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "distinctive luxury brand small suv for great price"

Cons: "no console storage"

"has wonderful styling, comfortable drive. lots of fun to drive. Very disctinctive. 2008 hse with 44k miles and has been perfectly reliable."