2014 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,448 - $35,653.

Invoice N/A

10/6.5

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"This SUV is exactly what my wife was looking forward. Small enough to be easy to handle but with room enough to be very comfortable, I am 6' /210 pounds. The details in the dsahboard are nicely done and practical. The sart button a cute touch. The only draw back is the relative low mileage about 15MPG but in my mind worth every penny"

LR2

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I've had my LR2 for 3 years and I absolutely love it. People warned me about the reputation for poor reliability of the company. Because it was a new model when I got it, I was also nervous because there was little information out there. It has exceeded my expectations! It is a luxury vehicle inside and out, with the prestige of Land Rover for only ~36k. After having features like automatic windshield wipers, heated seats, and autodimming mirrors, I could never go back to a standard car again. It drives smoothly and comfortably, especially at high speed. I'm from NY but moved to VA and didn't know if I would need the off roading capabilities. But the sheer amount of snow in NY and the poor clearing of roads when it does snow in VA has made the car invaluable in snow. Whenever the roads are bad, the family takes my car. It's an absolute dream and I recommend you test drive one and see if it could work for you. It's been the best vehicle I've ever had."

Purchased Used - Gonna Keep for a Long TIME

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Looks, road feel, traction, comfort, shifting"

Cons: "No audible feedback when remote locking"

"I bought my 2008 LR2 SE to replace my 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L that was nearing 150000 miles and beginning to worry me because of repair costs (i.e., alternator, engine mounts, struts, etc.). Besides, my plan for the last 3 vehicles I have owned is to purchase them used with under 100k miles and then sell them just around 150k miles. I'm not so sure that I'll do the same with this LR2. I love the way it handles. I love the way it looks. I love the reliability. The first couple of days of driving it around I missed the interior space of my Pilot. But, really that's all I missed about my Pilot (and it's a great vehicle). I now have a way better turning radius. I fit everywhere: alleys, narrow off-road trails, parking spots. The AWD feels amazing in rain, terrain, and dunno about snow yet, but I'm gonna guess that it handles it's business there too. The other things I love include the height of the vehicle, which makes it much easier to put my toddlers into their carseats; the automatic everything (lights, doors, windows); sport/command shifting; dual moonroofs (I may be the only one to like the mesh shades); and the visibility around the car makes me feel like I never have a blindspot. Did I mention I LOVE this vehicle? So, why not a 10/10 for value and overall? Mostly because I feel that vehicles, in general, are too expensive and this rover is no execption. And the one pet peeve with the LR2 is that you don't get audible feedback when remote locking it--it's the opposite actually, if you hear the horn it means something is open. You have to listen for the audible click of the door locks or look for the lights. Kind of bizarro that one little thing."

Love my Car!!!!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I was just in a car accident and this car totally saved my life. I had a previous accident in a Lexus RX 300 and it flipped when it was hit in the same area all this car did was shift. It's such a safe and reliable car!"

Perfect vehicle for town or country

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My wife was looking for a midsized SUV, and found this to be the best value for the price. We have made one trip from Dallas to Ft. Smith AK. and driving 70mph to 80mph (Ok. Turnpike) using the cruse control we avg. 23-24mpg. In town my wife's avg. 19-20mpg mostly freeway. We have been a little disapointed with service (oil changes etc.) but my wife owned several Lexus prior to this purchase. Overall we are very saticefied with this vehicle."