2012 Land Rover LR2

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Very nice daily driver

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Price is great, but only on a used one. Great ride"

Cons: "It will break, but so is anythingelse you will buy"

"So I went to the dealer to buy 2011 Volvo XC60 and ended up buying 2010 LR2 HSE black on black all options, because under the hood they are exactly the same. LR2 did have more room and better interior, in my opinion. Before I signed the paper I had my dealer take it to Land Rover dealer and replace door seals, arm rest, key fob, tires (you bet!!), and a few days later rear differential bearing (was making noise). All this at 32K miles. Land Rover dealer service were super nice, by the way. All repairs paid for by warranty. This SUV ended up being super clean and perfect all around, I took it home for $25K. Soon after I replaced filthy semi-metallic brakes (still in new condition, just filthy) with premium ceramic pads and premium rotors. Now it is truly perfect. Volvo guts are holding up just fine. I fix my cars by myself, I spend a lot of time underneath and I will say the LR2 exhaust pipe is very rusty, and rust is found on a hood and some brackets here and there. Rust and Land Rover are made for each other I guess. Now, I am prepared to replace anything on this car by myself, since it is a Land Rover, it is just a matter of time. I even have a same year Volvo XC90 as a backup (wife's daily driver, she loves it more than my LR2 only because LR2 has a sportier/stiffer ride feel). So, I love it, would recommend it to all those who can deal with occasional repair here or there. For the money, you will not find a better deal (equipment wise, 4X4, leather and all that)."

LR2 2008

By on Sunday, April 10, 2011

"We have had this car for 4 years and it has been great for us. Very comfortable, great visibility, and it looks nice too. We felt that we got a lot for the price we paid."

Love it but it has issues

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "expensive frequent repairs"

"Seems like the car has had more than it's share of problems. Expensive to repair. Key fob is entirely too expensive and it should last the life of the car (or have rechargeable or replaceable batteries)!"

A pleasure to drive.

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Driving position - comfortable and in control."

Cons: "Key fob insertion + button press start up process"

"Currently at 55K. Completely reliable to date. Excellent brakes. Steering sensitive at highway speed. Nice firm but compliant ride - solid quality feel - I once purchased a used Subaru over a new Honda based on feel. Adequate power. Fits the bill of a small luxury SUV. Mileage is acceptable but not great. Feels like a smaller version of an XC90 - similar motor, safety systems and switches / controls. Well appointed - garage door opener would have been nice."

Best Small SUV hands down

By on Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price and gas milage"

"While I'm generally a "BMW" guy, if you want a small SUV, this is the one to get. I get around 20mph in mixed driving, and 24 mph on the highway. For gas I generally put in 89, even though "premium" is recommended. I have noticed no difference in performance. The car is also a low-emissions vehicle. The pickup is very good, and it handles well on dry and blizzard like conditions. The cornering is not bad either for a SUV, but if you get an SUV, cornering should not be a main selling point as these are not sports cars. The price is great (much better than a similarly equipped X3 or Lexus). In short, there is no better small SUV out there. Also, the ability to switch to snow mode, etc. is a huge benefit when driving in winter weather."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals