2012 Land Rover LR2

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Very Satisfied With 2013 LR2 HSE

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

"I have a 2013 LR2 HSE. Originally I was looking for a BMW X3, Volvo XC-60, or an Audi Q3, basically a smaller luxury SUV/Crossover. But after test driving them all, I went with Land Rover. The visibility in the LR2 is incomparable, and the stadium seating for both front and rear passengers is fantastic--great views out all of the windows. The 4 cylinder engine feels just like a V6, no issues punching it to merge onto the freeway, and the handling is very nimble for a taller non-sports type vehicle. It handles wonderfully in the rain, I can't yet comment on other terrains. The rear seats fold completely flat, which may or not be a deal breaker for you, but we use the vehicle primarily for our business, to haul items around, with the added bonus of it being very fun and capable to drive, with a comfortable interior, understated yet stylish dashboard panel (love how many of the features are located through the control system on the steering wheel, freeing up cluttery knobs and buttons all over the place) and pretty much all the bells and whistles you can ask for. Only downside I can say would be no front parking sensors (although I heard they are offered if you purchase new) and power liftgate--but the rear trunk is so easy to manually open and close, it's not that much of an issue when I weigh it against everything else I get in the HSE model. Overall, I am very pleased!"

Best SUV in this price range

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Super good looking vehicle, fun"

"I always liked the Range Rover, but have not owned one yet. This Land Rover LR2 looks a lot like the more expensive Range Rover. Interior is similar, too. I was afraid of expensive repairs, but have driven this from mid-Illinois to Dallas, TX twice this year with NO problems at all. I bought it used with 86,000 miles on it and now have 103,000. One year ownership. No repairs. The factory brakes last a long time and have not replaced them yet. I get about 18 miles to the gal, average with mostly city driving. Also, three people fit pretty comfortable in the back seats -has 3 seat belts."

Just purchased new 2015 LR2 HSE!

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "great driver-passenger visibility & comfort"

Cons: "not enough storage space for stuff (like glasses)."

"I loved the styling of the car, so that won out in the end. I looked at Lexus RX and GX models, plus Kia Sorento and Toyota Highlander (Kia over Highlander - drive and see). Ultimately, the LR is its own style and ride. It's not an SUV on car chassis, and it drove better than the GX, which felt like a truck. If you like boxy off-road and rugged, there's few good alternatives. I love the view from the driver's seat - great visibility, plus I'm getting used to all the tech features (like a heated steering wheel). I live in New England, so I needed an SUV that would be great in snow, ice, and torrential rains. It's a bit more rugged in feel and handling than the Lexus RX, and that's what I wanted. The RX had a weirdly placed main dial to control the computer. Not well designed. The LR2 has dashboard that is great and all the buttons & knobs are very well designed placed. Know it's a difficult model to get. If you want one, I would go for a test drive ASAP. There is a new LR starting soon, and it's likely to replace the LR2, so current lot models may be all that is available?? Also know that current models have a V4 and older ones a V6. It does show slightly in both the drive and MPG. For horsepower and torque, it's about equal - in other words, the V6 is not necessarily more hp than the newer v4. The acceleration on the LR2 was fine - it's a heavy SUV, so don't think Porsche. The LR2 will surprise you for the size SUV that it is, as the pick up is sufficient & fun."

Love it!

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Haven't had an issue with the LR2 and really enjoy riding it. The SUV isn't bulky like some others and offers great visibility when driving. 2 thumbs up!"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Safe, attractive, fun to drive, good service"

Cons: "None that I have experienced yet."

"I have had this car for three years now, purchased as a demo with 4,000 miles on it. While it does not have a great deal of mileage on it, and I confess to "pampering" it (I do not drive it "hard"), the car has been reliable, provides me with a sense of security, and is actually fun to drive. Great pick up when I need it. I LOVE the appearance of the car in particular! I am thinking of keeping it even after the warranty runs out in January, as I would hate to change what I have. I got a great deal on it from the dealer in Massachusetts where we used to live, and have had great service on it both there and now in FL where we live. I wonder if a new one would be as good as this!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals