2012 Land Rover LR2

Based on 70 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Love this car!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Safe, attractive, fun to drive, good service"

Cons: "None that I have experienced yet."

"I have had this car for three years now, purchased as a demo with 4,000 miles on it. While it does not have a great deal of mileage on it, and I confess to "pampering" it (I do not drive it "hard"), the car has been reliable, provides me with a sense of security, and is actually fun to drive. Great pick up when I need it. I LOVE the appearance of the car in particular! I am thinking of keeping it even after the warranty runs out in January, as I would hate to change what I have. I got a great deal on it from the dealer in Massachusetts where we used to live, and have had great service on it both there and now in FL where we live. I wonder if a new one would be as good as this!"

very nice vehicle,drives and rides well get alot

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "very nice vehicle coworkers like it say they want"

"this is a good quality vehicle."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Nicely equipped vehicle"

Cons: "No center console"

"The 2011 LR2 is a great vehicle if you enjoy the great outdoors. As an avid hiker and snowshoer the LR2 performs well throughout the mountains in winter. Very comfortable seating with adequate power under the hood. The negatives at 35,000 miles are the original Continental tires had to be replaced and this vehicle is also a little thirsty."

Very nice daily driver

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Price is great, but only on a used one. Great ride"

Cons: "It will break, but so is anythingelse you will buy"

"So I went to the dealer to buy 2011 Volvo XC60 and ended up buying 2010 LR2 HSE black on black all options, because under the hood they are exactly the same. LR2 did have more room and better interior, in my opinion. Before I signed the paper I had my dealer take it to Land Rover dealer and replace door seals, arm rest, key fob, tires (you bet!!), and a few days later rear differential bearing (was making noise). All this at 32K miles. Land Rover dealer service were super nice, by the way. All repairs paid for by warranty. This SUV ended up being super clean and perfect all around, I took it home for $25K. Soon after I replaced filthy semi-metallic brakes (still in new condition, just filthy) with premium ceramic pads and premium rotors. Now it is truly perfect. Volvo guts are holding up just fine. I fix my cars by myself, I spend a lot of time underneath and I will say the LR2 exhaust pipe is very rusty, and rust is found on a hood and some brackets here and there. Rust and Land Rover are made for each other I guess. Now, I am prepared to replace anything on this car by myself, since it is a Land Rover, it is just a matter of time. I even have a same year Volvo XC90 as a backup (wife's daily driver, she loves it more than my LR2 only because LR2 has a sportier/stiffer ride feel). So, I love it, would recommend it to all those who can deal with occasional repair here or there. For the money, you will not find a better deal (equipment wise, 4X4, leather and all that)."

Love it but it has issues

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "expensive frequent repairs"

"Seems like the car has had more than it's share of problems. Expensive to repair. Key fob is entirely too expensive and it should last the life of the car (or have rechargeable or replaceable batteries)!"

Land Rover Off-Road Reliabilty

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Electronics/ Driver view/"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

Mountain Trail ready

"Previously owned a 2008 Range Rover ..the LR2 is of different quality due to it's pricing. Drives well. The Terrain Response System is really exceptional. The updated integrated electronics is very good and the sound system is phenomenal. MPG in mixed driving is a whopping 27.1 already! I coast and don't use cruise control ..and refrain from jump-starts from a stop."

Mountain Trail ready

Land Rover's 2013 LR2 is almost perfect.

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Land Rover's AMAZING Terrain Response System"

Cons: "Wind/ highway noise"

Mountain/ Trail ready

"Styling/ Size/ MPG/ Driver's Vision/ New Engine/ Advanced Electronics ...all worth mentioning. Having owned and maintained a 2008 Range Rover, I was already familiar with Land Rover's Terrain Response System ...it IS phenomenal and works very well -very responsive. If someone wants an All-Wheel-Drive small SUV ..they should take a look. The only minor disturbance is the road/ wind air noise on the highway. The sound system is on par with the 2008 Range Rover. The heated windshield is a patented plus. The MPG is averaging about 27.1 ...unreal -because the weight of the LR2 is quite heavy. The double sunroofs are fun and the LR2 is very responsive."

Mountain/ Trail ready

Land Rover's 2013 LR2 is almost perfect!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Land Rover's AMAZING Terrain Response System"

Cons: "Wind/ highway noise"

Outstanding smaller SUV

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Great performance, super reliable"

Cons: "Premium fuel, expensive to service at the dealer."

"Love the truck. Wife wanted it over an LR3. Just passed 105k miles with only two problems, alternator drive and hook latch sensor. Great all weather car. Have had in the truck in Canada when the temp was -17F and in Va and NC when the temp was 100+F. We take this one on the long trips instead of my 2007 Range Rover. On our regular trips we average as much as 26 MPG.. This LR2 is better built and more reliable than my wife's 1991 Mercedes that we sold after owning this truck for a year. Would buy the LR2 again without hesitation."

Great Truck!

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Great smaller SUV"

Cons: "Cargo space could be larger"

"My 2011 LR2 just celebrated its first birthday. The first year of ownership has exceeded expectations - truck is extremely comfortable and capable - Winter snow is no issue whatsoever. Power and handling are very satisfying - great long distance vehicle. 22 MPG on the highway. My only wish would be for a slightly longer cargo bay - another six inches would be great. All in all, just a great truck!"

A pleasure to drive.

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Driving position - comfortable and in control."

Cons: "Key fob insertion + button press start up process"

"Currently at 55K. Completely reliable to date. Excellent brakes. Steering sensitive at highway speed. Nice firm but compliant ride - solid quality feel - I once purchased a used Subaru over a new Honda based on feel. Adequate power. Fits the bill of a small luxury SUV. Mileage is acceptable but not great. Feels like a smaller version of an XC90 - similar motor, safety systems and switches / controls. Well appointed - garage door opener would have been nice."

LAND ROVER BRAND = COSTLY LEMON, DON'T EVER BUY!!

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Pros: "Look nice, loaded with creature comforts"

Cons: "Poorly made, astronomical repair bills"

"If you're in the market for a Land Rover, don't walk..RUN AWAY! Pretty vehicles with all the bells and whistles, but they're simply not reliable at all. The rear differential went out at 57,000 miles on our 2008 LR2...causing a horrible grinding noise every time the car turned. Try $4200 for the repair job! The rear diff shouldn't go out on a Subaru at 57K, let alone a Jeep on steroids. I would never buy a Land Rover/Range Rover again."

This a first rate Suv

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "All of the above"

Cons: "Garage door opener, center console compartment"

"I have owned and driven a lot of cars over 55 years. I currently own a Porsche Cayenne, a BMW 760 and a BMW X3 in addition to the LR2. I just got back from a 900 mile road trip. This car drives great, gets great mileage is trouble free and holds its value better then any of the others mentioned above. It is the best value in its class. I am about to trade in in for a newer one."

Fun to drive, well-appointed and comfortable!

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, luxurious and fun to drive."

Cons: "No cup holders except in front doors."

"I purchased my 2008 Land Rover LR2 in 2007, when they first came onto the market. I compared many similar SUVs, both luxury and standard, US and imports. I am a "bells and whistles" girl and wanted all of the latest gadgets (MP3, Bluetooth, etc.) as well as luxury features like leather and wood accents. The LR2 gave me almost everything standard, where other less expensive cars cost far more once I added everything I wanted as extras. It is great to drive - nimble, responsive and just plain fun. I actually enjoy driving to work my LR2! The only issues I have had were with the bug screen and sunroof closing properly. Other than that, usual maintenance is all I have needed. It is a great smaller SUV and performs well in sand and snow, not to mention "normal" driving conditions. I am very happy with my purchase and hope to keep it a good while longer."

very nice

By on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Very good car, I would buy again."

great small suv

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "distinctive luxury brand small suv for great price"

Cons: "no console storage"

"has wonderful styling, comfortable drive. lots of fun to drive. Very disctinctive. 2008 hse with 44k miles and has been perfectly reliable."

My favorite vehicle since 1971 Monte Carlo.

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Like any thoroubred, more expensive to maintain."

Cons: "No cupholders or console storeage."

"My 3rd and favorite Landrover. Previously owned 2 Freelanders LR2 major advance to its predecessor. Impressive profile, cozy ride in all terrains."

Wonderful Reliable SUV!

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

"The LR2 is a fun and reliable vehicle that has been incredibly reliable over these last 4 years. I highly recommend the Land Rover products."

Great Ride!!!

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "Great value , handles well on road and off road"

Cons: "expensive maintance"

"I had a BMX X5 before the LR2 and I prefer the LR2. The only thing I miss is the heated steering wheel. If you are looking for an SUV that looks great, handles the road well and can attack an off road challenge the LR2 is an SUV you will love. I have $47,000 miles on the LR2 and have had only two issues fuse went in cooling fan and AM radio not working. Land Rover replaced with no issue under warranty. Only advantage of BMW is the maintance plan. I love my Rover."

Great Small SUV

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Fun and the outdoors with all the comforts of home"

Cons: "Small gas tank, MPG could be better."

"I love my Land Rover LR2. It has a powerful engine, steady ride, comfortable inside with lots of amenities and can go ANYWHERE! My favorite LR2 experience is driving on a 4 wheel drive only road in Joshua Tree, air conditioning, listening to CDs on the great sound system and enjoying being the only human beings for as far as the eye can see. Land Rover sales and service are excellent. The car is expensive and repairs are rarely cheap but the service is top notch. I get good gas mileage for the size and weight of the car. Most of my driving is in the city so I don't expect to rival hybrids. The gas tank is a little small for any really long adventures. All in all a fun and comfortable ride."

I love this SUV

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "great style and great drive"

Cons: "Can get into trouble offroad quickly"

"The LR2 took everything that was bad in the Freelander and made 10 times better. It goes anywhere and handles great in the snow. It gets decent gas milage and is so fun to drive. For anyone looking for an affordable Landrover this is the way to go."

Nice, durable small family vehicle.

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Very Durable."

Cons: "Not good on storage space."

"I love my LR2, it has never given me an issues. I bought it brand new with intentions of having it for a very long time. I find it to be a very comfortable and reliable car. I have only had a few small issues when it comes to storage. It is a compact SUV and meets my needs. The interior design could use a few alterations, but then again it's a foreign vehicle. The LR2 wears very well and the exterior wears very well in the various New England weather changes. All in all I cannot complain about the LR2. My favorite car out of my many previously owned vehicles."

luxury in a small off roader

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Under-stated, not busy, quality looks both inside and out. Smooth ride on road, and capable off road. You don't see them everywhere."

Has serious reliability problems

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

"This Land Rover is really living up to the reputation LR has of being some of the least reliable vehicles on the planet. It is a very comfortable car and has lots of fun accessories that make trips in this car very enjoyable. The downside: I inherited this car when my father passed away. He kept immaculate care of it. Never been late on a service, has always been taken to the dealership for everything. I have had it for three months and it has been in for repair for over 2 weeks of that time. First, the power steering exploded in my driveway. That was a simple fix but irritating. Then, it decided to have a fault that completely locks me out of being able to start the vehicle. Initially the dealership replaced a sensor, that fixed it for all of 48 hours. When they took it back, they had to consult with the Land Rover engineers in Europe on the problem. Then they replaced PCM (Powertrain Control Module), or the brain that runs most of the car. Before I could even get it picked up, it faulted again and would not start. I will NEVER own a Land Rover by choice again. This one will be traded in ASAP for something I can count on starting on a regular basis."

Unreliable past the warrantly period

By on Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cons: "Reliability and Build quality"

"I have a 2008 LR2 which I bought brand new in 2007 and enjoyed driving this car for the first 50000 miles. Post warrantly period (at 58000 miles) within a matter of 4 - 6 weeks I have had to take the car back to the service center twice to get 2 major issues fixed. - first was a problem with the fan module which would cause the engine to overheat if the car was in idle and not moving. that cost me 700 to fix - within 4 weeks of the first problem my power steering had a leak and I had to take the car back to the dealer another 400 . Not sure how many more such issues await me in the near future ..."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals