2011 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews

Stranded

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"My 2008 LR2 left me stranded for 3 days on a business trip last week. The dealer still doesn't know what is wrong with it. The vehicle is 3 hours hours away from my house. It won't start. The alternator shorted out. This is caused because of a design flaw. The coolant tube from the reservior to the engine block cracked at the block. The flaw is that it is positioned on top of the alternator, thus when fitting fails and leaks the coolant drips into the alternator. The closet alternator was in Texas- had it shipped overnite = cost $1oo.oo. Replaced battery- now they can't get the vehicle to start. Parts availability are horrible. Every time something breaks, it can be several days to several weeks of waiting. I am dumping my LR2 as soon as it gets out of the dealers shop. I drive too many miles to worry about being stranded again."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"I was skeptial about Land Rover after noting poor reviews in Consumer Reports. After much research and talking to owners I decided to take a chance on the LR2. This vehicle is the perfect size for my needs. After 50,000 trouble free miles I have virtually nothing to complain about. Operationally, the vehicle reflects a previously owned BMW X-5 quite nicely. I easily get 19-20 mpg around town with limited free way driving. Several long range trips (2000+ miles) usually nets 24-26 mpg. I would change only two things: 1) this vehicle needs Homelink 2) it also needs fob in the pocket/purse operation like my wife's Infiniti FX"

Land Rover's 2013 LR2 is almost perfect.

By on Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Land Rover's AMAZING Terrain Response System"

Cons: "Wind/ highway noise"

Mountain/ Trail ready

"Styling/ Size/ MPG/ Driver's Vision/ New Engine/ Advanced Electronics ...all worth mentioning. Having owned and maintained a 2008 Range Rover, I was already familiar with Land Rover's Terrain Response System ...it IS phenomenal and works very well -very responsive. If someone wants an All-Wheel-Drive small SUV ..they should take a look. The only minor disturbance is the road/ wind air noise on the highway. The sound system is on par with the 2008 Range Rover. The heated windshield is a patented plus. The MPG is averaging about 27.1 ...unreal -because the weight of the LR2 is quite heavy. The double sunroofs are fun and the LR2 is very responsive."

Mountain/ Trail ready

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted