2011 Land Rover LR2

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

nice but missing something

By on Monday, June 18, 2007

"i love this new vehicle but it lacks a few items, one is it needs the 19" wheels that are a DIE. Buy them as your vehicle will perform a lot better with these tires. I love the nav and the halo lights but it lacks the heads up display that should come with this pricy option. It also need a rear window deflector as the rear of the car gets aweful dirty and you cant even get this item as an option. It lacks the roof rack with cross bars and is another option that should be standard along with mud flaps and body side mouldings, tow hitch w/ electronics. The car drives great and dispite Land Rover nickel and diming you for your share of after market options that should be standard, I really like this vehicle. Small enough to get around in yet big enough to tote alll your stuff around."

Land Rover Off-Road Reliabilty

By on Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Electronics/ Driver view/"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

Mountain Trail ready

"Previously owned a 2008 Range Rover ..the LR2 is of different quality due to it's pricing. Drives well. The Terrain Response System is really exceptional. The updated integrated electronics is very good and the sound system is phenomenal. MPG in mixed driving is a whopping 27.1 already! I coast and don't use cruise control ..and refrain from jump-starts from a stop."

Mountain Trail ready

Outstanding smaller SUV

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Great performance, super reliable"

Cons: "Premium fuel, expensive to service at the dealer."

"Love the truck. Wife wanted it over an LR3. Just passed 105k miles with only two problems, alternator drive and hook latch sensor. Great all weather car. Have had in the truck in Canada when the temp was -17F and in Va and NC when the temp was 100+F. We take this one on the long trips instead of my 2007 Range Rover. On our regular trips we average as much as 26 MPG.. This LR2 is better built and more reliable than my wife's 1991 Mercedes that we sold after owning this truck for a year. Would buy the LR2 again without hesitation."

Even better than I expected

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I bought my 2009 LR2 HSE in August '09 and have 37.5K miles on it. It replaced a Jeep Grand Cherokee as my Winter/work vehicle, a Mazda RX-8 being the Summer/fun car. To my everlasting astonishment, I ended up selling my beloved RX-8 less than a year after buying the LR2, which I now drive year-round. That RX-8 was, hands-down, the most fun, best handling, most head-turning car I've ever owned. An absolute joy that turns untrained drivers (like me) into superstars. Yet driving the LR is so enjoyable that I no longer feel the need to manage (or pay for) two cars. Who'd guess that a 4400 lb. SUV could displace both a Jeep AND a ripping great sports car? Its reliability has been faultless and its capabilities astounding. Off road and bad weather performance are so confidence-building that one almost seeks excuses to drive in stupid conditions, just because one can. Through howling blizzards or torrential downpours we motor along in complete control and considerable comfort, serenely above the rest (except for Range Rover drivers, who are serenely above us, lol). During one of many storms last winter I encountered a typical mess: cars and other 4WD's spinning every which way and entirely blocking the road, unable to negotiate a moderate but long and icy hill. I engaged "Mud & Ruts" and tried the only open path: off the pavement and onto the grass verge, which was buried in 12-14" (!) of unplowed, untracked snow. As stuck drivers stared in disbelief, I drove straight up the hill past the whole snarlup on this "road" of my own making, leaving a wake and two tracks as proof of the Landie's prowess. On returning to the roadway I reverted to "Grass, Gravel & Snow" mode and continued up the glassy hill without even a hint of wheelspin. (P.S. You DO need snow tires to do this, not even a Landie can drive on bad tires.) :-D Luxury features, built in the best BQ-rated plant in Europe, the cachet of a marque less seen, capabilities few vehicles can match, an affordable price... what's not to like? Nitpicks: I have long legs and could use a little more seat depth. Land Rover accessories (like the roof/ski rack) are stupidly expensive. Service is too, though to be fair two dealers have treated me like I bought a $100K Range Rover and not the entry level model. Nice. There are no perfect cars but this one comes closer and does more for the money than most. Mileage averages 19-21 in mixed daily driving, 23-25 on highway trips. Highly recommended."

Exceeded My Expectations

By on Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"We have owned both a Mercedes ML and Lexus GX 470. Utilizing both of these for a basis of comparison, the LR2 is a great vehicle! Comfort level equivalent to ML. GX has a softer ride, but it's a truck - not a lux car. It's a bit slow off the line, but we're not out to win any speed competitions. We purchased a dealer demo (every option included) with 5K miles - $8K below list - for that amount, I couldn't have purchased a 2 yr old GX or ML. Handling characteristics are on par with the other vehicles. My only two minor complaints are the bluetooth wasn't compatible with an LG Rumor and there was no built in garage door opener with the tech system."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals