• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide
2011 Land Rover LR2 Consumer Reviews

Perfect vehicle for town or country

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My wife was looking for a midsized SUV, and found this to be the best value for the price. We have made one trip from Dallas to Ft. Smith AK. and driving 70mph to 80mph (Ok. Turnpike) using the cruse control we avg. 23-24mpg. In town my wife's avg. 19-20mpg mostly freeway. We have been a little disapointed with service (oil changes etc.) but my wife owned several Lexus prior to this purchase. Overall we are very saticefied with this vehicle."

Exceeded My Expectations

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"We have owned both a Mercedes ML and Lexus GX 470. Utilizing both of these for a basis of comparison, the LR2 is a great vehicle! Comfort level equivalent to ML. GX has a softer ride, but it's a truck - not a lux car. It's a bit slow off the line, but we're not out to win any speed competitions. We purchased a dealer demo (every option included) with 5K miles - $8K below list - for that amount, I couldn't have purchased a 2 yr old GX or ML. Handling characteristics are on par with the other vehicles. My only two minor complaints are the bluetooth wasn't compatible with an LG Rumor and there was no built in garage door opener with the tech system."

Very nice daily driver

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Price is great, but only on a used one. Great ride"

Cons: "It will break, but so is anythingelse you will buy"

"So I went to the dealer to buy 2011 Volvo XC60 and ended up buying 2010 LR2 HSE black on black all options, because under the hood they are exactly the same. LR2 did have more room and better interior, in my opinion. Before I signed the paper I had my dealer take it to Land Rover dealer and replace door seals, arm rest, key fob, tires (you bet!!), and a few days later rear differential bearing (was making noise). All this at 32K miles. Land Rover dealer service were super nice, by the way. All repairs paid for by warranty. This SUV ended up being super clean and perfect all around, I took it home for $25K. Soon after I replaced filthy semi-metallic brakes (still in new condition, just filthy) with premium ceramic pads and premium rotors. Now it is truly perfect. Volvo guts are holding up just fine. I fix my cars by myself, I spend a lot of time underneath and I will say the LR2 exhaust pipe is very rusty, and rust is found on a hood and some brackets here and there. Rust and Land Rover are made for each other I guess. Now, I am prepared to replace anything on this car by myself, since it is a Land Rover, it is just a matter of time. I even have a same year Volvo XC90 as a backup (wife's daily driver, she loves it more than my LR2 only because LR2 has a sportier/stiffer ride feel). So, I love it, would recommend it to all those who can deal with occasional repair here or there. For the money, you will not find a better deal (equipment wise, 4X4, leather and all that)."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted

See if you qualify for