2010 Land Rover LR2

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"I was skeptial about Land Rover after noting poor reviews in Consumer Reports. After much research and talking to owners I decided to take a chance on the LR2. This vehicle is the perfect size for my needs. After 50,000 trouble free miles I have virtually nothing to complain about. Operationally, the vehicle reflects a previously owned BMW X-5 quite nicely. I easily get 19-20 mpg around town with limited free way driving. Several long range trips (2000+ miles) usually nets 24-26 mpg. I would change only two things: 1) this vehicle needs Homelink 2) it also needs fob in the pocket/purse operation like my wife's Infiniti FX"

Land Rover's 2013 LR2 is almost perfect.

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Land Rover's AMAZING Terrain Response System"

Cons: "Wind/ highway noise"

Mountain/ Trail ready

"Styling/ Size/ MPG/ Driver's Vision/ New Engine/ Advanced Electronics ...all worth mentioning. Having owned and maintained a 2008 Range Rover, I was already familiar with Land Rover's Terrain Response System ...it IS phenomenal and works very well -very responsive. If someone wants an All-Wheel-Drive small SUV ..they should take a look. The only minor disturbance is the road/ wind air noise on the highway. The sound system is on par with the 2008 Range Rover. The heated windshield is a patented plus. The MPG is averaging about 27.1 ...unreal -because the weight of the LR2 is quite heavy. The double sunroofs are fun and the LR2 is very responsive."

Mountain/ Trail ready

Land Rover Off-Road Reliabilty

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Electronics/ Driver view/"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

Mountain Trail ready

"Previously owned a 2008 Range Rover ..the LR2 is of different quality due to it's pricing. Drives well. The Terrain Response System is really exceptional. The updated integrated electronics is very good and the sound system is phenomenal. MPG in mixed driving is a whopping 27.1 already! I coast and don't use cruise control ..and refrain from jump-starts from a stop."

Mountain Trail ready

Outstanding smaller SUV

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Great performance, super reliable"

Cons: "Premium fuel, expensive to service at the dealer."

"Love the truck. Wife wanted it over an LR3. Just passed 105k miles with only two problems, alternator drive and hook latch sensor. Great all weather car. Have had in the truck in Canada when the temp was -17F and in Va and NC when the temp was 100+F. We take this one on the long trips instead of my 2007 Range Rover. On our regular trips we average as much as 26 MPG.. This LR2 is better built and more reliable than my wife's 1991 Mercedes that we sold after owning this truck for a year. Would buy the LR2 again without hesitation."

Even better than I expected

By on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"I bought my 2009 LR2 HSE in August '09 and have 37.5K miles on it. It replaced a Jeep Grand Cherokee as my Winter/work vehicle, a Mazda RX-8 being the Summer/fun car. To my everlasting astonishment, I ended up selling my beloved RX-8 less than a year after buying the LR2, which I now drive year-round. That RX-8 was, hands-down, the most fun, best handling, most head-turning car I've ever owned. An absolute joy that turns untrained drivers (like me) into superstars. Yet driving the LR is so enjoyable that I no longer feel the need to manage (or pay for) two cars. Who'd guess that a 4400 lb. SUV could displace both a Jeep AND a ripping great sports car? Its reliability has been faultless and its capabilities astounding. Off road and bad weather performance are so confidence-building that one almost seeks excuses to drive in stupid conditions, just because one can. Through howling blizzards or torrential downpours we motor along in complete control and considerable comfort, serenely above the rest (except for Range Rover drivers, who are serenely above us, lol). During one of many storms last winter I encountered a typical mess: cars and other 4WD's spinning every which way and entirely blocking the road, unable to negotiate a moderate but long and icy hill. I engaged "Mud & Ruts" and tried the only open path: off the pavement and onto the grass verge, which was buried in 12-14" (!) of unplowed, untracked snow. As stuck drivers stared in disbelief, I drove straight up the hill past the whole snarlup on this "road" of my own making, leaving a wake and two tracks as proof of the Landie's prowess. On returning to the roadway I reverted to "Grass, Gravel & Snow" mode and continued up the glassy hill without even a hint of wheelspin. (P.S. You DO need snow tires to do this, not even a Landie can drive on bad tires.) :-D Luxury features, built in the best BQ-rated plant in Europe, the cachet of a marque less seen, capabilities few vehicles can match, an affordable price... what's not to like? Nitpicks: I have long legs and could use a little more seat depth. Land Rover accessories (like the roof/ski rack) are stupidly expensive. Service is too, though to be fair two dealers have treated me like I bought a $100K Range Rover and not the entry level model. Nice. There are no perfect cars but this one comes closer and does more for the money than most. Mileage averages 19-21 in mixed daily driving, 23-25 on highway trips. Highly recommended."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals