2009 Land Rover LR2

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

LR2 2008

By on Sunday, April 10, 2011

"We have had this car for 4 years and it has been great for us. Very comfortable, great visibility, and it looks nice too. We felt that we got a lot for the price we paid."

Love it but it has issues

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "expensive frequent repairs"

"Seems like the car has had more than it's share of problems. Expensive to repair. Key fob is entirely too expensive and it should last the life of the car (or have rechargeable or replaceable batteries)!"

A pleasure to drive.

By on Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pros: "Driving position - comfortable and in control."

Cons: "Key fob insertion + button press start up process"

"Currently at 55K. Completely reliable to date. Excellent brakes. Steering sensitive at highway speed. Nice firm but compliant ride - solid quality feel - I once purchased a used Subaru over a new Honda based on feel. Adequate power. Fits the bill of a small luxury SUV. Mileage is acceptable but not great. Feels like a smaller version of an XC90 - similar motor, safety systems and switches / controls. Well appointed - garage door opener would have been nice."

Best Small SUV hands down

By on Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, great price and gas milage"

"While I'm generally a "BMW" guy, if you want a small SUV, this is the one to get. I get around 20mph in mixed driving, and 24 mph on the highway. For gas I generally put in 89, even though "premium" is recommended. I have noticed no difference in performance. The car is also a low-emissions vehicle. The pickup is very good, and it handles well on dry and blizzard like conditions. The cornering is not bad either for a SUV, but if you get an SUV, cornering should not be a main selling point as these are not sports cars. The price is great (much better than a similarly equipped X3 or Lexus). In short, there is no better small SUV out there. Also, the ability to switch to snow mode, etc. is a huge benefit when driving in winter weather."

Unreliable past the warrantly period

By on Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cons: "Reliability and Build quality"

"I have a 2008 LR2 which I bought brand new in 2007 and enjoyed driving this car for the first 50000 miles. Post warrantly period (at 58000 miles) within a matter of 4 - 6 weeks I have had to take the car back to the service center twice to get 2 major issues fixed. - first was a problem with the fan module which would cause the engine to overheat if the car was in idle and not moving. that cost me 700 to fix - within 4 weeks of the first problem my power steering had a leak and I had to take the car back to the dealer another 400 . Not sure how many more such issues await me in the near future ..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals