2009 Land Rover LR2

Based on 80 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Just Right Size for me & my Wife

By on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"This vehicle is awsome! It is snappy, handles the road like a sports car but gives you a high open view of the road. I avg 23-24 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg all around which is great for a vehicle over 4,000 lbs! It is very safe and rugged yet the ride is firm and comfortable, you won't get tired on long trips. The style is classy and prestigious looking. I'm very happy! The included service is outstanding."

Not what I expected

By on Sunday, February 07, 2010

"Although this car looks good on the outside, it has been anything but reliable in the 2 years I have owned it. I have had to replace the breaks, the tires (at 30k miles), the battery (2 times), the differential, the sun roof and the front passenger headlight. It's been towed 4 times due to not starting. The service at the dealership has been good, they definitely take care of their customers. I just need a reliable car and this has been anything but that."

LR2

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I've had my LR2 for 3 years and I absolutely love it. People warned me about the reputation for poor reliability of the company. Because it was a new model when I got it, I was also nervous because there was little information out there. It has exceeded my expectations! It is a luxury vehicle inside and out, with the prestige of Land Rover for only ~36k. After having features like automatic windshield wipers, heated seats, and autodimming mirrors, I could never go back to a standard car again. It drives smoothly and comfortably, especially at high speed. I'm from NY but moved to VA and didn't know if I would need the off roading capabilities. But the sheer amount of snow in NY and the poor clearing of roads when it does snow in VA has made the car invaluable in snow. Whenever the roads are bad, the family takes my car. It's an absolute dream and I recommend you test drive one and see if it could work for you. It's been the best vehicle I've ever had."

great small suv

By on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pros: "distinctive luxury brand small suv for great price"

Cons: "no console storage"

"has wonderful styling, comfortable drive. lots of fun to drive. Very disctinctive. 2008 hse with 44k miles and has been perfectly reliable."

Very nice daily driver

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Price is great, but only on a used one. Great ride"

Cons: "It will break, but so is anythingelse you will buy"

"So I went to the dealer to buy 2011 Volvo XC60 and ended up buying 2010 LR2 HSE black on black all options, because under the hood they are exactly the same. LR2 did have more room and better interior, in my opinion. Before I signed the paper I had my dealer take it to Land Rover dealer and replace door seals, arm rest, key fob, tires (you bet!!), and a few days later rear differential bearing (was making noise). All this at 32K miles. Land Rover dealer service were super nice, by the way. All repairs paid for by warranty. This SUV ended up being super clean and perfect all around, I took it home for $25K. Soon after I replaced filthy semi-metallic brakes (still in new condition, just filthy) with premium ceramic pads and premium rotors. Now it is truly perfect. Volvo guts are holding up just fine. I fix my cars by myself, I spend a lot of time underneath and I will say the LR2 exhaust pipe is very rusty, and rust is found on a hood and some brackets here and there. Rust and Land Rover are made for each other I guess. Now, I am prepared to replace anything on this car by myself, since it is a Land Rover, it is just a matter of time. I even have a same year Volvo XC90 as a backup (wife's daily driver, she loves it more than my LR2 only because LR2 has a sportier/stiffer ride feel). So, I love it, would recommend it to all those who can deal with occasional repair here or there. For the money, you will not find a better deal (equipment wise, 4X4, leather and all that)."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals