2009 Land Rover LR2

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"This SUV is exactly what my wife was looking forward. Small enough to be easy to handle but with room enough to be very comfortable, I am 6' /210 pounds. The details in the dsahboard are nicely done and practical. The sart button a cute touch. The only draw back is the relative low mileage about 15MPG but in my mind worth every penny"

LR2

By on Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"I've had my LR2 for 3 years and I absolutely love it. People warned me about the reputation for poor reliability of the company. Because it was a new model when I got it, I was also nervous because there was little information out there. It has exceeded my expectations! It is a luxury vehicle inside and out, with the prestige of Land Rover for only ~36k. After having features like automatic windshield wipers, heated seats, and autodimming mirrors, I could never go back to a standard car again. It drives smoothly and comfortably, especially at high speed. I'm from NY but moved to VA and didn't know if I would need the off roading capabilities. But the sheer amount of snow in NY and the poor clearing of roads when it does snow in VA has made the car invaluable in snow. Whenever the roads are bad, the family takes my car. It's an absolute dream and I recommend you test drive one and see if it could work for you. It's been the best vehicle I've ever had."

Purchased Used - Gonna Keep for a Long TIME

By on Monday, May 04, 2015

Pros: "Looks, road feel, traction, comfort, shifting"

Cons: "No audible feedback when remote locking"

"I bought my 2008 LR2 SE to replace my 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L that was nearing 150000 miles and beginning to worry me because of repair costs (i.e., alternator, engine mounts, struts, etc.). Besides, my plan for the last 3 vehicles I have owned is to purchase them used with under 100k miles and then sell them just around 150k miles. I'm not so sure that I'll do the same with this LR2. I love the way it handles. I love the way it looks. I love the reliability. The first couple of days of driving it around I missed the interior space of my Pilot. But, really that's all I missed about my Pilot (and it's a great vehicle). I now have a way better turning radius. I fit everywhere: alleys, narrow off-road trails, parking spots. The AWD feels amazing in rain, terrain, and dunno about snow yet, but I'm gonna guess that it handles it's business there too. The other things I love include the height of the vehicle, which makes it much easier to put my toddlers into their carseats; the automatic everything (lights, doors, windows); sport/command shifting; dual moonroofs (I may be the only one to like the mesh shades); and the visibility around the car makes me feel like I never have a blindspot. Did I mention I LOVE this vehicle? So, why not a 10/10 for value and overall? Mostly because I feel that vehicles, in general, are too expensive and this rover is no execption. And the one pet peeve with the LR2 is that you don't get audible feedback when remote locking it--it's the opposite actually, if you hear the horn it means something is open. You have to listen for the audible click of the door locks or look for the lights. Kind of bizarro that one little thing."

Love my Car!!!!

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I was just in a car accident and this car totally saved my life. I had a previous accident in a Lexus RX 300 and it flipped when it was hit in the same area all this car did was shift. It's such a safe and reliable car!"

Perfect vehicle for town or country

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My wife was looking for a midsized SUV, and found this to be the best value for the price. We have made one trip from Dallas to Ft. Smith AK. and driving 70mph to 80mph (Ok. Turnpike) using the cruse control we avg. 23-24mpg. In town my wife's avg. 19-20mpg mostly freeway. We have been a little disapointed with service (oil changes etc.) but my wife owned several Lexus prior to this purchase. Overall we are very saticefied with this vehicle."

Stranded

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"My 2008 LR2 left me stranded for 3 days on a business trip last week. The dealer still doesn't know what is wrong with it. The vehicle is 3 hours hours away from my house. It won't start. The alternator shorted out. This is caused because of a design flaw. The coolant tube from the reservior to the engine block cracked at the block. The flaw is that it is positioned on top of the alternator, thus when fitting fails and leaks the coolant drips into the alternator. The closet alternator was in Texas- had it shipped overnite = cost $1oo.oo. Replaced battery- now they can't get the vehicle to start. Parts availability are horrible. Every time something breaks, it can be several days to several weeks of waiting. I am dumping my LR2 as soon as it gets out of the dealers shop. I drive too many miles to worry about being stranded again."

nice but missing something

By on Monday, June 18, 2007

"i love this new vehicle but it lacks a few items, one is it needs the 19" wheels that are a DIE. Buy them as your vehicle will perform a lot better with these tires. I love the nav and the halo lights but it lacks the heads up display that should come with this pricy option. It also need a rear window deflector as the rear of the car gets aweful dirty and you cant even get this item as an option. It lacks the roof rack with cross bars and is another option that should be standard along with mud flaps and body side mouldings, tow hitch w/ electronics. The car drives great and dispite Land Rover nickel and diming you for your share of after market options that should be standard, I really like this vehicle. Small enough to get around in yet big enough to tote alll your stuff around."

Exceeded My Expectations

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

"We have owned both a Mercedes ML and Lexus GX 470. Utilizing both of these for a basis of comparison, the LR2 is a great vehicle! Comfort level equivalent to ML. GX has a softer ride, but it's a truck - not a lux car. It's a bit slow off the line, but we're not out to win any speed competitions. We purchased a dealer demo (every option included) with 5K miles - $8K below list - for that amount, I couldn't have purchased a 2 yr old GX or ML. Handling characteristics are on par with the other vehicles. My only two minor complaints are the bluetooth wasn't compatible with an LG Rumor and there was no built in garage door opener with the tech system."

Not what I expected

By on Sunday, February 07, 2010

"Although this car looks good on the outside, it has been anything but reliable in the 2 years I have owned it. I have had to replace the breaks, the tires (at 30k miles), the battery (2 times), the differential, the sun roof and the front passenger headlight. It's been towed 4 times due to not starting. The service at the dealership has been good, they definitely take care of their customers. I just need a reliable car and this has been anything but that."

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"I was skeptial about Land Rover after noting poor reviews in Consumer Reports. After much research and talking to owners I decided to take a chance on the LR2. This vehicle is the perfect size for my needs. After 50,000 trouble free miles I have virtually nothing to complain about. Operationally, the vehicle reflects a previously owned BMW X-5 quite nicely. I easily get 19-20 mpg around town with limited free way driving. Several long range trips (2000+ miles) usually nets 24-26 mpg. I would change only two things: 1) this vehicle needs Homelink 2) it also needs fob in the pocket/purse operation like my wife's Infiniti FX"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals