2008 Land Rover LR2

Based on 78 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Perfect vehicle for town or country

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"My wife was looking for a midsized SUV, and found this to be the best value for the price. We have made one trip from Dallas to Ft. Smith AK. and driving 70mph to 80mph (Ok. Turnpike) using the cruse control we avg. 23-24mpg. In town my wife's avg. 19-20mpg mostly freeway. We have been a little disapointed with service (oil changes etc.) but my wife owned several Lexus prior to this purchase. Overall we are very saticefied with this vehicle."

Land Rover's 2013 LR2 is almost perfect.

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Land Rover's AMAZING Terrain Response System"

Cons: "Wind/ highway noise"

Mountain/ Trail ready

"Styling/ Size/ MPG/ Driver's Vision/ New Engine/ Advanced Electronics ...all worth mentioning. Having owned and maintained a 2008 Range Rover, I was already familiar with Land Rover's Terrain Response System ...it IS phenomenal and works very well -very responsive. If someone wants an All-Wheel-Drive small SUV ..they should take a look. The only minor disturbance is the road/ wind air noise on the highway. The sound system is on par with the 2008 Range Rover. The heated windshield is a patented plus. The MPG is averaging about 27.1 ...unreal -because the weight of the LR2 is quite heavy. The double sunroofs are fun and the LR2 is very responsive."

Mountain/ Trail ready

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, September 05, 2010

"I was skeptial about Land Rover after noting poor reviews in Consumer Reports. After much research and talking to owners I decided to take a chance on the LR2. This vehicle is the perfect size for my needs. After 50,000 trouble free miles I have virtually nothing to complain about. Operationally, the vehicle reflects a previously owned BMW X-5 quite nicely. I easily get 19-20 mpg around town with limited free way driving. Several long range trips (2000+ miles) usually nets 24-26 mpg. I would change only two things: 1) this vehicle needs Homelink 2) it also needs fob in the pocket/purse operation like my wife's Infiniti FX"

Land Rover Off-Road Reliabilty

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Electronics/ Driver view/"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

Mountain Trail ready

"Previously owned a 2008 Range Rover ..the LR2 is of different quality due to it's pricing. Drives well. The Terrain Response System is really exceptional. The updated integrated electronics is very good and the sound system is phenomenal. MPG in mixed driving is a whopping 27.1 already! I coast and don't use cruise control ..and refrain from jump-starts from a stop."

Mountain Trail ready

Outstanding smaller SUV

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Great performance, super reliable"

Cons: "Premium fuel, expensive to service at the dealer."

"Love the truck. Wife wanted it over an LR3. Just passed 105k miles with only two problems, alternator drive and hook latch sensor. Great all weather car. Have had in the truck in Canada when the temp was -17F and in Va and NC when the temp was 100+F. We take this one on the long trips instead of my 2007 Range Rover. On our regular trips we average as much as 26 MPG.. This LR2 is better built and more reliable than my wife's 1991 Mercedes that we sold after owning this truck for a year. Would buy the LR2 again without hesitation."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals