2008 Land Rover LR2

Based on 72 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Just purchased new 2015 LR2 HSE!

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "great driver-passenger visibility & comfort"

Cons: "not enough storage space for stuff (like glasses)."

"I loved the styling of the car, so that won out in the end. I looked at Lexus RX and GX models, plus Kia Sorento and Toyota Highlander (Kia over Highlander - drive and see). Ultimately, the LR is its own style and ride. It's not an SUV on car chassis, and it drove better than the GX, which felt like a truck. If you like boxy off-road and rugged, there's few good alternatives. I love the view from the driver's seat - great visibility, plus I'm getting used to all the tech features (like a heated steering wheel). I live in New England, so I needed an SUV that would be great in snow, ice, and torrential rains. It's a bit more rugged in feel and handling than the Lexus RX, and that's what I wanted. The RX had a weirdly placed main dial to control the computer. Not well designed. The LR2 has dashboard that is great and all the buttons & knobs are very well designed placed. Know it's a difficult model to get. If you want one, I would go for a test drive ASAP. There is a new LR starting soon, and it's likely to replace the LR2, so current lot models may be all that is available?? Also know that current models have a V4 and older ones a V6. It does show slightly in both the drive and MPG. For horsepower and torque, it's about equal - in other words, the V6 is not necessarily more hp than the newer v4. The acceleration on the LR2 was fine - it's a heavy SUV, so don't think Porsche. The LR2 will surprise you for the size SUV that it is, as the pick up is sufficient & fun."

Love it!

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Haven't had an issue with the LR2 and really enjoy riding it. The SUV isn't bulky like some others and offers great visibility when driving. 2 thumbs up!"

Love this car!

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Safe, attractive, fun to drive, good service"

Cons: "None that I have experienced yet."

"I have had this car for three years now, purchased as a demo with 4,000 miles on it. While it does not have a great deal of mileage on it, and I confess to "pampering" it (I do not drive it "hard"), the car has been reliable, provides me with a sense of security, and is actually fun to drive. Great pick up when I need it. I LOVE the appearance of the car in particular! I am thinking of keeping it even after the warranty runs out in January, as I would hate to change what I have. I got a great deal on it from the dealer in Massachusetts where we used to live, and have had great service on it both there and now in FL where we live. I wonder if a new one would be as good as this!"

very nice vehicle,drives and rides well get alot

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "very nice vehicle coworkers like it say they want"

"this is a good quality vehicle."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, February 07, 2014

Pros: "Nicely equipped vehicle"

Cons: "No center console"

"The 2011 LR2 is a great vehicle if you enjoy the great outdoors. As an avid hiker and snowshoer the LR2 performs well throughout the mountains in winter. Very comfortable seating with adequate power under the hood. The negatives at 35,000 miles are the original Continental tires had to be replaced and this vehicle is also a little thirsty."

Very nice daily driver

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "Price is great, but only on a used one. Great ride"

Cons: "It will break, but so is anythingelse you will buy"

"So I went to the dealer to buy 2011 Volvo XC60 and ended up buying 2010 LR2 HSE black on black all options, because under the hood they are exactly the same. LR2 did have more room and better interior, in my opinion. Before I signed the paper I had my dealer take it to Land Rover dealer and replace door seals, arm rest, key fob, tires (you bet!!), and a few days later rear differential bearing (was making noise). All this at 32K miles. Land Rover dealer service were super nice, by the way. All repairs paid for by warranty. This SUV ended up being super clean and perfect all around, I took it home for $25K. Soon after I replaced filthy semi-metallic brakes (still in new condition, just filthy) with premium ceramic pads and premium rotors. Now it is truly perfect. Volvo guts are holding up just fine. I fix my cars by myself, I spend a lot of time underneath and I will say the LR2 exhaust pipe is very rusty, and rust is found on a hood and some brackets here and there. Rust and Land Rover are made for each other I guess. Now, I am prepared to replace anything on this car by myself, since it is a Land Rover, it is just a matter of time. I even have a same year Volvo XC90 as a backup (wife's daily driver, she loves it more than my LR2 only because LR2 has a sportier/stiffer ride feel). So, I love it, would recommend it to all those who can deal with occasional repair here or there. For the money, you will not find a better deal (equipment wise, 4X4, leather and all that)."

Love it but it has issues

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!"

Cons: "expensive frequent repairs"

"Seems like the car has had more than it's share of problems. Expensive to repair. Key fob is entirely too expensive and it should last the life of the car (or have rechargeable or replaceable batteries)!"

Land Rover Off-Road Reliabilty

By on Thursday, July 04, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Electronics/ Driver view/"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

Mountain Trail ready

"Previously owned a 2008 Range Rover ..the LR2 is of different quality due to it's pricing. Drives well. The Terrain Response System is really exceptional. The updated integrated electronics is very good and the sound system is phenomenal. MPG in mixed driving is a whopping 27.1 already! I coast and don't use cruise control ..and refrain from jump-starts from a stop."

Mountain Trail ready

Land Rover's 2013 LR2 is almost perfect.

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Land Rover's AMAZING Terrain Response System"

Cons: "Wind/ highway noise"

Mountain/ Trail ready

"Styling/ Size/ MPG/ Driver's Vision/ New Engine/ Advanced Electronics ...all worth mentioning. Having owned and maintained a 2008 Range Rover, I was already familiar with Land Rover's Terrain Response System ...it IS phenomenal and works very well -very responsive. If someone wants an All-Wheel-Drive small SUV ..they should take a look. The only minor disturbance is the road/ wind air noise on the highway. The sound system is on par with the 2008 Range Rover. The heated windshield is a patented plus. The MPG is averaging about 27.1 ...unreal -because the weight of the LR2 is quite heavy. The double sunroofs are fun and the LR2 is very responsive."

Mountain/ Trail ready

Land Rover's 2013 LR2 is almost perfect!

By on Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Pros: "MPG/ Land Rover's AMAZING Terrain Response System"

Cons: "Wind/ highway noise"

Mountain/ Trail ready

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover LR2 near Honolulu. See local deals