2005 Land Rover Freelander

6.1

Based on 257 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

6.3/10
    6.4/10
    6.3/10
    6.7/10
    7.1/10
    7.4/10

3 words: piece of junk

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"DO NOT BUY THIS CAR, unless you wanted to spend twice the value of it just to maintain it. I bought this car thinking, "hey, its a landrover", after owning it for a little over two years, and realizing that ive spent enough in repairs to have the thing paid off already. I wish I never saw it. If you think im making this up, type in freelander problems, or freelander head gasket or thermostat in google and see how many people are disappointed. If I could give it less then one star I would."

Run away as fast as you can!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Cons: "Everything about this car is a con."

"Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Multiple mechanicle issues along with the fact that any repairs were always very very expensive. Completely unreliable."

DO NOT BUY

By on Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"DO NOT BUY 2002-05. land rover quit making Freelander 1st edition. reissued as 'revised model'. I bought an '03 in 2008, 3 mths later its in the shop with fuel flow problem. Recall issued June 2009 but vehicle not in dealer shop so Land Rover won't pay repairs. Parts are 3x more than domestic! if you can find them. DO NOT BUY!!!"

NEVER Again

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I bought my '02 Freelander in 2006 and less then 2 miles from the dealership the check engine light went on...should of gotten rid of it then. Nothing but problems...very expensive problems. Never have I had a car with sooo many window issues. Every window had to have regulators replaced...Ive been w/out use of the driver window & sunroof for a year now cause its too expensive to fix. Bad trans on this one too as well as bad coolant jugs...others have written about that as well. I know it looks good (especially to us females) but what a waste of money. DONT DO IT!"

Very expensive to fix!

By on Monday, November 03, 2008

"Bought this vehicle almost new (4K miles) and have to say that this is a nice car, as long as you never let it break! It costs a fortune every time you need to fix it. Last year I spent almost $6K keeping it running, for numerous problems. This year I'm at about 2K, so far - and its in the shop right now. My wife has a similar, but older model - and the exact same thing! From this experience, I will never own a Land Rover again. I thought that they were rugged and reliable - rugged yes / reliable, no."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Freelander near Honolulu. See local deals