2004 Land Rover Freelander

6.1

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

6.4/10
    6.4/10
    6.3/10
    6.7/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10

Very expensive to fix!

By on Monday, November 3, 2008

"Bought this vehicle almost new (4K miles) and have to say that this is a nice car, as long as you never let it break! It costs a fortune every time you need to fix it. Last year I spent almost $6K keeping it running, for numerous problems. This year I'm at about 2K, so far - and its in the shop right now. My wife has a similar, but older model - and the exact same thing! From this experience, I will never own a Land Rover again. I thought that they were rugged and reliable - rugged yes / reliable, no."

Do not buy

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"I WISH that I had listened to all the reviews about this car, but I didn't. I loved, loved, loved my Land Rover, but it apparently didn't feel the same. I had it for 3 years (I was the 2nd owner). At around 85,000 miles, the transmission went out without even a slight warning. Land Rovers are ridiculously expensive to repair too. I took it to 3 different places to get estimates, and all 3 of them told me to fix it and sell it as fast as possible. That's what I did. I'm now in a Toyota Rav4 and I love it. I just feel better knowing that I'm in a more reliable vehicle. Please, please, please, save yourself the heartache and the $ and DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!"

why

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"This was the best car until I started loosing coolant then the engine started ticking one day. Now the brakes screetch and all after many services and many boggled mechanics. So I did my research and found out in 2007 there was a class action lawsuit against land rover because so many cars were lemons and were breaking down with engine failure at 40000 miles so if you pursue this vehicle be very careful"

NOT HAPPY AT ALL

By on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pros: "Not at all"

"Ever Freelander has had motor problens in all that I have been in contact with Please dont purchase this kind of Unit you will be sorry My carr Looks great but thats all"

Worst Car EVER

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"In the last year and a half the back passenger window motor has broken twice. The rear window has a mind of it's own and only goes back up when it wants to. I have replaced the thermostat and 2 housing units because of overheating. Now, i can't even sit at a red light without it overheating. I think the water pump has locked and the fans, which I've already replaced once, are not working again. I have an F4 error light and the check engine light on. The transmission feels like it's going to fall right out half the time. The door locks broke. Even an oil change is outrageous. And to make it even worse, i owe 10K on a car that's only worth 4K, so getting rid of it will be almost impossible. I would advise anyone to never even look at this car much less spend a single penny on buying one. It is the worst car I will probably ever own. Once i get rid of it, i never want to hear the name "Land Rover" again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Freelander near Honolulu. See local deals