2004 Land Rover Freelander

6.1

Based on 257 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

6.3/10
    6.4/10
    6.3/10
    6.7/10
    7.1/10
    7.4/10

3 words: piece of junk

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"DO NOT BUY THIS CAR, unless you wanted to spend twice the value of it just to maintain it. I bought this car thinking, "hey, its a landrover", after owning it for a little over two years, and realizing that ive spent enough in repairs to have the thing paid off already. I wish I never saw it. If you think im making this up, type in freelander problems, or freelander head gasket or thermostat in google and see how many people are disappointed. If I could give it less then one star I would."

Run away as fast as you can!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Cons: "Everything about this car is a con."

"Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Multiple mechanicle issues along with the fact that any repairs were always very very expensive. Completely unreliable."

worst car,don't buy this car.

By on Friday, July 29, 2011

"This car is not worth the trouble.I bought a 2004 used with 5000 miles for my wife about 6 years ago.I kept all my maintanance records,I just added everything up today,so far I have spent close to $11,000.00 for repairs.Seriously,DONOT buy this car.It is a nightmare.To make matters worse,the value of this car drops like an apple falling from a tree.I paid $26,000.00 for this car,now I have it listed for $7,000.00 @ 70000 miles and no offers as of now(more than 1 week)."

By on Friday, January 21, 2011

"I am the 1st owner of my 2003 HSE Freelander. Since that time I pretty much only drove the vehicle on the weekend as I have a 1998 Acura that I drive back and forth to work. I have maintained the recommended maintenance/up keep of the Freelander since I've owned it. All repairs that I've had done to this vehicle has been expensive. I have had to replace 3 window motors (all but the driver's window) and the sun roof makes a clicking noise when I open and close it. Security Lock system has had to be replaced. Fan (blower) for engine replaced. In 2009 I had the Heater Core replaced which cost over $600.00 and at the end of November 2010, slightly over a year later I was told by the dealership that I needed another one costing $802.00. I had it replaced by them and then I was loosing coolant again. At first they said they didn't know where the coolant was going. Then, I was told that the thermostat needed to be replaced which cost $702.95 for parts and labor. This vehicle should have been recalled and given the buyers the option as to whether to keep the vehicle or get something else at Land Rover's expense. My suggestion to anyone, before buying any vehicle do your homework."

I have paid for several times in repairs

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "look"

Cons: "reliabilty and cost to fix"

"I love the look and the overall ride of the Freelander. It feels substancial for a small SUV. Other than that it has not been great. I had to replaced the engine at 57K miles (50K warranty of course)$7500. Constance problems, even down to the wipers, $600 to replace the wiper motor. I don't think I have ever had it looked at for under $500. Replaced the transmission 12K miles ago $4400 and I was just told the that it is going out again. My partner has told me they will leave me if I ever buy another Land Rover."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Freelander near Honolulu. See local deals