2004 Land Rover Freelander

6.1

Based on 258 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

6.3/10
    6.4/10
    6.3/10
    6.7/10
    7.2/10
    7.5/10

Run away as fast as you can!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Cons: "Everything about this car is a con."

"Worst vehicle I have ever owned. Multiple mechanicle issues along with the fact that any repairs were always very very expensive. Completely unreliable."

NEVER Again

By on Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I bought my '02 Freelander in 2006 and less then 2 miles from the dealership the check engine light went on...should of gotten rid of it then. Nothing but problems...very expensive problems. Never have I had a car with sooo many window issues. Every window had to have regulators replaced...Ive been w/out use of the driver window & sunroof for a year now cause its too expensive to fix. Bad trans on this one too as well as bad coolant jugs...others have written about that as well. I know it looks good (especially to us females) but what a waste of money. DONT DO IT!"

Very expensive to fix!

By on Monday, November 03, 2008

"Bought this vehicle almost new (4K miles) and have to say that this is a nice car, as long as you never let it break! It costs a fortune every time you need to fix it. Last year I spent almost $6K keeping it running, for numerous problems. This year I'm at about 2K, so far - and its in the shop right now. My wife has a similar, but older model - and the exact same thing! From this experience, I will never own a Land Rover again. I thought that they were rugged and reliable - rugged yes / reliable, no."

Worst Car Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "Body, exterior, luxury options"

Cons: "Everything else/anything mechanical"

"I bought this about a year ago from a used car dealership and it (supposedly) only had one previous owner. In the past year I have literally put more than $10,000 in repairs, replacing the engine, blown head gasket, replaced water pump, and this doesn't include whatever it's in the shop for now...which is for more engine-related problems. It has been a complete nightmare for me, I constantly worry when driving it for anything outside of the city I live in for fear it's going to break down! First problem I had, within two weeks of purchasing, was the engine light went on. I brought it back to the dealership (as it had a 30 day warranty) and was told it was nothing. Soon after that (and the warranty expiring) the engine light went on"

Few good one, lots of bad

By on Thursday, May 12, 2011

"We read all the reviews before we took a chance and purchased our 2004 Freelander SE new from the dealer. We got lucky and got a good one (the comment that the service advisor made when it was in for it's yearly service). After 7 years of ownership we did have to replace the thermostat, battery and front brakes (twice). We have had the Service Engine light come on early on but that was fixed by a new Engine Control Module from Siemans. This vehicle handles great in the snow and is fantastic off road (command shift with hill decent control). Other reviews that state thousands of dollars to replace spark plugs and oil changes I don't believe. First 4 years ours were done by the dealer FREE. After that we went to Sears Auto and had it done for $50.00. Since LR recommends this once a year or 12K miles that's a deal. Since we paid $21K with tax for this vehicle I'm more then satisfied with it. Yes we did just trade it in (and got $7200 for it) but not because there were problems with it but because it was over 7 years old (the longest I have ever kept a car) and it was still worth something as a trade."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Freelander near Honolulu. See local deals