2004 Land Rover Discovery

7.2

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2003 - 2004 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10
    7.3/10

03 LR2 SE7

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "a real suv designed for off road use"

Cons: "MPG and octane rating"

"3RD time LR owner if you are planning on buying a Rover an advanced knowledge on the vehicle is needed and also where to find parts, They do need repair (just like any vehicle) but theres ways of doing it without getting hosed. I have had this vehicle for 5 years Drivin it on firebreaks of the NW, trails in TN and snow and ice, Never gotten stuck or disabled. Now for the Fuel economy 12/16 mpg at 90 or higher octane $$$ but worth it. Quirks I've found 1. gas cap seals wear out (causing check engine light to go on)2. if your 6'0 or taller I dont reccomend. 3. jump seats useless Ive used them once for children, small children."

Full of defects

By on Monday, July 20, 2009

"I have had problems with my landrover continuously. The check engine light comes on regularly costing money to have it chekced out everytime just to find out it just needed to be reset. Small things like the pop out drink holders break often. Requires 90 octaine gas and gets less than 400 miles to its 25 gal. tank. There is a short in some chip that makes the abs and traction control lights come on disabling those systems. The chip would cost $1600 to replace! Hard to find a mechanic to do simple things like change the head lights because the bolts are not regular and you need a special tool. I would not buy another LandRover or recomend one to a friend."

Know what you are getting into.

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"I've always loved Land Rovers, in fact, I currently have two. But here are some things that everyone needs to know before they buy a land rover is this: If you want a vehicle you can just drive around, and not worry about, buy a honda, not a LR. Land Rovers are great cars, but you have to stay on top of all the recommended dealer maintenance on these, or they will break on you. Most of the time, Land Rovers are easy to repair, you just have to be willing to learn about your vehicle, and not be afraid to get dirty. The Land Rover online community is one of the nicest around, and when your LR breaks on you, there's a good chance you will find the solution online. ...All that said, I love my Land Rover's. I love how they look, I love how they drive. They definitely have a personality to them."

It is a Land Rover

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"I've owned mine since November 2005. I purchased mine as certified used so I got the extended warranty. It payed off in the long run. I've had my transmission replaced twice and the ABS pump once. However, I would not trade this vehicle for any American made SUV. The 4X4 system is decades ahead of anything domestic. I've offroaded my Disco all over the Midwest. I'm proud to say that I'm not an average soccer-mom/grocery getter owner; I used my Landy for what it was made for. I've towed 6,000 lbs. for 1000 miles with no problems. If you want to think you're somebody, buy an Escalade and throw some 24's on it. If you want to really drive class and not be just another sheep, buy Land Rover. It's just that different!"

Not bad but not great.

By on Friday, June 26, 2009

"Had our 03 SE for 2 years....my wife drives it and she likes well enough....repairs come often and are either hard to do yourself or very expensive....MPG is really bad....it is a good looking truck and people always think it cost more than it did....pretty much all options on other cars are standard here....overall I wouldnt buy another but have not hated owning this one"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery near Honolulu. See local deals