• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2004 Land Rover Discovery

7.2

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2003 - 2004 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10
    7.3/10

only good for sport. bad for travel

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "looks good, fun off road"

Cons: "poor engine that is not reliable, guzzles gas"

"It drives okay and looks good, but the car is not reliable at all. everyone I know including myself who has owned one has had major engine trouble. Also, it is not very comfortable to ride in. There is very little leg room. All in all if you are looking for a vehicle to get you around or travel in, this is not a good choice. On the other hand if you are looking for a sport vehicle to go off road or just have fun in, this is a reasonable choice."

A reliable Vehicle that has served me well.

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Not the best on Gas millage."

"I have recently had the complete Head liner replaced. Both rotors on the front, and brake pads on front. The rear were ok. Had the front and rear oxygen sensors replaced along with the exhaust manifold gaskets. All the above has cost me over $3000.00. I am single and have decided that I do not need two vehicles. I will be trading in my 2010 2500HD with all goodies. Allison trans. and the Duramax engine"

Drives smooth, Sits High, Drinks Gas

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Drives smooth, You sit high"

Cons: "Gas Gas Gas milage"

"Great Car if Gas was 2. dollars but a 32 gallon tank at 4 dollars at really 13 miles per leaves me broke"

worst headache ever!

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "heavy SUV and great four wheel drive"

Cons: "constantly leaves us stranded, lots warning lights"

"we traded in our 1999 corvette for this 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE..... I have to admit, this was a HUGE mistake... have wanted a Land Rover for years, but I have NEVER had a vehicle with so many problems... the two front windows don't work ($650 to fix both), passenger side handles freeze shut even if they don't get ice on them, front sunroof leaks water, driver side seatbelts leak MASSIVE amounts of water, water leaks from above sun visor, both headlights and both taillights fill with water when it rains because of poor design and is NOT fixable, all thru the summer it leaks antifreeze, all winter it BURNS OIL like CRAZY, freakishly loud knocking sounds constantly..... OH!!! driver side seat warmer has almost caught fire.... its actually burned our legs and has strong burning smell coming from seat.... IF for ANY reason you decide to make this purchase, (which I REALLY DONT recommend) keep a gallon of oil, a gallon of antifreeze, some brake fluid, and washer fluid in the back.... you are always leaking or just out of these things...."

Worst vehicle ever

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

"Great in the beginning but very quickly started to detoriorate, after only about 50K miles. Now has about 85,000 miles. Cloth is dataching from the ceiling. Dashboard is buckling. Rear tail-lights fill with water when it rains. Plastic parts have broken in the interior (center console and elsewhere). Part of the plastic bumper has cracked. Leaks coolant which requires an expensive repair to replace gaskets. Initially loved Land Rover but don't ever want to own one again if this is the quality of construction. I live in a warm climate but the vehicle was in the garage half of the time. Is CRAZY to me! Have owned other vehicles that have held up much, much better over a similar period of time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for