• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2003 Land Rover Discovery

7.2

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2003 - 2004 models.

7.6/10
    7.6/10
    7.3/10

03 LR2 SE7

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "a real suv designed for off road use"

Cons: "MPG and octane rating"

"3RD time LR owner if you are planning on buying a Rover an advanced knowledge on the vehicle is needed and also where to find parts, They do need repair (just like any vehicle) but theres ways of doing it without getting hosed. I have had this vehicle for 5 years Drivin it on firebreaks of the NW, trails in TN and snow and ice, Never gotten stuck or disabled. Now for the Fuel economy 12/16 mpg at 90 or higher octane $$$ but worth it. Quirks I've found 1. gas cap seals wear out (causing check engine light to go on)2. if your 6'0 or taller I dont reccomend. 3. jump seats useless Ive used them once for children, small children."

Full of defects

By on Monday, July 20, 2009

"I have had problems with my landrover continuously. The check engine light comes on regularly costing money to have it chekced out everytime just to find out it just needed to be reset. Small things like the pop out drink holders break often. Requires 90 octaine gas and gets less than 400 miles to its 25 gal. tank. There is a short in some chip that makes the abs and traction control lights come on disabling those systems. The chip would cost $1600 to replace! Hard to find a mechanic to do simple things like change the head lights because the bolts are not regular and you need a special tool. I would not buy another LandRover or recomend one to a friend."

OVERALL I LIKE IT!

By on Monday, April 06, 2009

"I READ SOME OF THE REVIEWS PRIOR TO PURCHASING MY 04 DISCO! I HAVE TO ADMIT THAT SOME OF THEM WERE A BIT SCARY BUT I LOVE THE LOOK OF THE DISCO AND HAD TO TAKE A CHANCE! I'VE HAD IT SINCE NOV OF 08 AND I'VE EXPERIENCED THE LEAKING ROOF AND WINDOW NOISE! BOTH ITEMS WERE FIXED RIGHT AWAY BY MY LOCAL LR DEALER! I GIVE THEM PROPS ESPECIALLY MY MAN JOHN! ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME WITH MY CAR ISSUES! THE ONE THING I'VE HEARD COMPLAINTS ON FROM MY PASSENGERS IS THE ENTRY AND EXIT FROM THE REAR SEATS. IT IS A BIT UNCOMFORTABLE BUT I DON'T RIDE IN THE BACK!!!! SO FAR I HAVEN'T REALLY HAD ANY OTHER MAJOR PROBLEMS AND HOPEFULLY I WON'T!! IN A FEW YEARS I PLAN TO BUY A RANGE ROVER AND GIVE MY DISCO TO MY SON! TAKE A CHANCE AND EXPERIENCE THE DISCO DON'T RELY ON THE REVIEWS! REMEMBER THERE'S ALWAYS LEMONS IN EVERY CAR BRAND!!"

DIsco Fever

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"I love my disco. The only thing that has bothered me is the trim pieces around the wheels. They faded after 1yr and no matter what I do to bring the black shine back they fade real quick. Land Rover said this is common and warrenty will just replace and it will happen again. For the price I paid I expected much better especially out of this small piece. I use this vehicle on / off road and you will be amazed @ what it can do off road. Visit a dealer with a demo course and have fun."

Know what you are getting into.

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"I've always loved Land Rovers, in fact, I currently have two. But here are some things that everyone needs to know before they buy a land rover is this: If you want a vehicle you can just drive around, and not worry about, buy a honda, not a LR. Land Rovers are great cars, but you have to stay on top of all the recommended dealer maintenance on these, or they will break on you. Most of the time, Land Rovers are easy to repair, you just have to be willing to learn about your vehicle, and not be afraid to get dirty. The Land Rover online community is one of the nicest around, and when your LR breaks on you, there's a good chance you will find the solution online. ...All that said, I love my Land Rover's. I love how they look, I love how they drive. They definitely have a personality to them."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery near Honolulu. See local deals