1994 Land Rover Discovery

7.1

Based on 122 Ratings for the 1994 - 1999 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.4/10

Reliable

By on Monday, June 13, 2011

Pros: "great price, nice smooth ride"

Cons: "bad gas mileage"

"Very reliable if taken care of, but can be expensive to service and insure. Amazing quality overall, and have no technical problems at all."

Dependable

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Over my life, I have had three land rovers. My first was crashed into a tree, with the front end wrecked and still got us home. I now drive a tricked out D2 and an old D1. The 94 d1 has NEVER gotten stuck. Only in march 2010 flooding in New england, when it was driven through water up to the windshield did it die, but it made it home. And It started the next day. And offroad capability is far beyond any jeep. However, expect huge repair cost if you take it to the "stealership" But if you are a Do-It-Yourself mechanic this car is very cheap to maintain. Cheap to buy, maintain, and will not fail you when put to the test."

Great off-the-beaten path SUV

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"This is an awesome performance vehicle. Do not expect a ride equivalent to that of other luxury SUVs due to that fact that this vehicle was designed for off-road performance as well as highway driving. Expect around 16mpg without much variance of either city or highway use. The cabin is loud and engine noise can be annoying if you are expecting a Mercedes style commute. Aerodynamically, you can actually improve gas mileage by removing the luggage rack cross bars. I highly recommend this vehicle if you are the adventurous type, but not if you are more desirous of a smooth, quiet ride."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"This is a great vehicle. When major repairs are required it is a little pricing, however the vehicle very seldom had anything wrong. If you are handy and can work on cars, this Discovery is made for you. The tune/ups, brake changes are simple. There is plenty of room to work on this car. The Discovery does ride a little rough, however it really is a truck and not a car."

Emotional Attached to My Perfect Disco!

By on Thursday, August 27, 2015

Pros: "Perfect Road Trip Vehicle"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"I purchased my LR certified pre-owned in California in 2000. It has been a love affair since. We have taken it everywhere we go for long distance road trips. I love that it's so utilitarian. This car has moved around from California to Washington and now Hawaii. This car had some major mechanical work done but overall my Disco has never left me stranded. I love that I can managed the muddy construction site at my rail project. It is such a perfect car to transport your four-legged furry friends. My dogs are so well-behaved and relaxed while seated in the backseats because they could see everything from the rear seats. I'm very sad that I will be leaving it here Hawaii when I move back to the Mainland. I will miss the open road viewing -- all the big windows and the multiple sunroofs. My tearing just thinking about it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery near Honolulu. See local deals