• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2002 Land Rover Discovery Series II

6.8

Based on 214 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10

Owned 10 years and it always took good care of me

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "command seeting is the way to ride"

"This vehicle has served all purposes. With 2 children and two large labs we always got it done the Landrover discovery II series. The dealer was close and they were prompt and efficient when needed. I love this car and feel lucky to have owned and operated it for over a decade as my full time vehicle. Still going strong at over 120,000 miles.. regular oil changes = gold performance. Its only an 8 out of 10 because in 2001 they didn't have the technology they do today."

Absolutely love this vehicle!!

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pros: "Beautiful vehicle, fun to drive"

Cons: "only con I found is that it takes premium gas only"

"This is a vehicle that you either love it or hate it, as for me I love my Rover. I bought it in January of '11 and have not had any major problems with it. I love the ride and the way I feel when I drive it. Has lots of power to the point of not realizing how fast you are going when you drive!! Knock wood, I've only gotten 1 speeding ticket in it....lol The look of it is amazing it's just says classy!! Unfortunately I have to sell mine and it's breaking my heart to do so but hopefully I will own another one some day. Just make sure that if you buy one that it has been well taken care of!"

VERY GOOD VEHICLE. THE RIDE IS GREAT

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

"THE CAR HAS BEEN VERY DEPENTABLE BUT THE BIG V8 MOTOR DOES USE A LOT OF GAS. IT IS MY THIRD CAR SO I DO NOT USE IT ENOUGH."

What a disaster

By on Thursday, December 03, 2009

"Nothing about this SUV is cheap, and nothing lasts the way it should. You'll replace pads and at least front rotors every 16k. Wait until you see what THAT costs. Even the stupid wiper blades are ten times more expensive than everyone else! Gas milage is a disaster. That is, unless you get a huge discount on Premium gas and you think 10.5mpg is ok for a tank of gas. The highest I've seen in 8 years is 14.1mps, And that was 100% highway. At 50k miles, start thinking about lots and lots of engine work. The rear self-leveling suspension is so bad, there are companies that make shock and coil replacement kits for it. For a SUV that has such limited numbers in the US, that is a bad sign. This SUV is a nightmare for the owner..."

Let Me Save You the Trouble

By on Sunday, January 20, 2008

"I have a Certified Pre Owned 2002 Discovery II SE. Since I've had it its had the following work completed. Engine Replacement (over $6,000, though under warranty at the time), Valve Cover Gasket seal broke, which in turn dripped oil onto O2 sensors ruining them (somewhere around $2300), Coil Pack Failure (decided to replace both to avoid later headache ($1,300) Shuttle Valve Replacement ($2,000) Speed Sensor Failure ($500). Now my ABS, Downhill Descent and Traction Control lights are on - for a second time. Do yourself a favor, punch yourself in the face with a studded iron fist, that is more pleasurable than owning a Land Rover. P.S. no resale value. Admittedly, I expected an investment into maintenance, however, my idea of regular maintenance is more like breaks, oil changes, hoses, belts, fluid replacements etc. Not new engines, valve jobs, shuttle valves and coil packs. Oh, and one last thing. It only has 65,000 original miles on it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery Series II near Honolulu. See local deals