2001 Land Rover Discovery Series II

6.8

Based on 214 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10

Really Good SUV but awful expensive repairs!!

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"I bought my 2002 LR Discovery in 2001 and knock on wood, haven't had any major problems. But the maintenance and repairs cost so much. And I mean for little things. During the warranty, naturally things went smooth but once it ran out, oh man, the cost of simple repairs blew my mind. Didn't know this beforehand. One thing, the brake pads always seem to need replacing and they are quite pricey. Styling, comfortable (I'm 6'6"), nice cargo space I all love but thinking of letting go because I can't afford the high repair cost. Just now learning also LOW resale value."

Most capable vehicle known to man

By on Saturday, October 23, 2010

"My Discovery has 80k miles and has shown no signs of letting me down. It has never died, not started, or left me stranded. I truely love my Discovery. Yes, repair prices are a little higher than your average vehicle, but don't let that scare you away from buying one. KBB guidlines are not good for Land Rovers. If the Discovery you are looking at is above KBB, it's ok! They are worth more that what they are appraised for. It is outstanding off road, while just as good on road. Please do not let the other reviews scare you. If you take care of your Disco, then they will take care of you. Sure, if you "drive it like you stole it", it won't last you very long. Just get one that has been well maintained and it should last you a lifetime. I encourage you to buy one."

Awesome vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"I bought my 02 LR Disco II used about 3 years ago and have loved just about every second of ownership. Thanks to terrible resale, I picked this truck up for $10k and now, three years later, I am just hitting 100k miles. The truck is comfortable, stylish, and has proven a workhorse off-road and towing some heavy trailers I own. A lot of the problems from the Disco I were fixed on this model, but I did have to replace window regulators, the engine coil pack, and the battery... maybe about $600 total, most of it covered by the after market warranty I purchased. Don't buy one of these if you don't have some extra money for repairs, but all in all, I love this car. I am going to run it until it dies, but I am kind of looking forward to the day because thats when I am getting my LR4!!"

Great truck

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Had it since 30k miles and now it has 95000K. so far no major problems. have changed the tires, brakes, belt and MAS sensor ($150) the truck runs like a horse. great in snow. parts are found online aftermarket and they are very economical. My garage is a tight sqeeze and have busted the same headlight 3 times and the aftermarket headlamp is $40. I will also drive it till it dies."

I would never buy another

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I bought my 2001 Land Rover in 2003, first mistake. It is my wife's vehicle and she drives very conservatively. Within the first 2 years of owning, we replaced the engine, the transfer case, the mass air flow sensor, the windshield three times- eventually due to the roof leaking, We took it to the Land Rover Dealership (1 hour away) 14 times for the headliner leaking. Currently there are four lights on on the dashboard panel. I do not think a car manufacturer could make a worse vehicle if they tried. Do not buy a used 2001 anytime soon, I'm dumping this vehicle on the market"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery Series II near Honolulu. See local deals