2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II

6.8

Based on 214 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10

Really Good SUV but awful expensive repairs!!

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"I bought my 2002 LR Discovery in 2001 and knock on wood, haven't had any major problems. But the maintenance and repairs cost so much. And I mean for little things. During the warranty, naturally things went smooth but once it ran out, oh man, the cost of simple repairs blew my mind. Didn't know this beforehand. One thing, the brake pads always seem to need replacing and they are quite pricey. Styling, comfortable (I'm 6'6"), nice cargo space I all love but thinking of letting go because I can't afford the high repair cost. Just now learning also LOW resale value."

Awesome vehicle!

By on Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"I bought my 02 LR Disco II used about 3 years ago and have loved just about every second of ownership. Thanks to terrible resale, I picked this truck up for $10k and now, three years later, I am just hitting 100k miles. The truck is comfortable, stylish, and has proven a workhorse off-road and towing some heavy trailers I own. A lot of the problems from the Disco I were fixed on this model, but I did have to replace window regulators, the engine coil pack, and the battery... maybe about $600 total, most of it covered by the after market warranty I purchased. Don't buy one of these if you don't have some extra money for repairs, but all in all, I love this car. I am going to run it until it dies, but I am kind of looking forward to the day because thats when I am getting my LR4!!"

Great truck

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Had it since 30k miles and now it has 95000K. so far no major problems. have changed the tires, brakes, belt and MAS sensor ($150) the truck runs like a horse. great in snow. parts are found online aftermarket and they are very economical. My garage is a tight sqeeze and have busted the same headlight 3 times and the aftermarket headlamp is $40. I will also drive it till it dies."

I would never buy another

By on Monday, May 18, 2009

"I bought my 2001 Land Rover in 2003, first mistake. It is my wife's vehicle and she drives very conservatively. Within the first 2 years of owning, we replaced the engine, the transfer case, the mass air flow sensor, the windshield three times- eventually due to the roof leaking, We took it to the Land Rover Dealership (1 hour away) 14 times for the headliner leaking. Currently there are four lights on on the dashboard panel. I do not think a car manufacturer could make a worse vehicle if they tried. Do not buy a used 2001 anytime soon, I'm dumping this vehicle on the market"

ROVER - GREAT VEHICLE LOTS OF EXPERIENCE

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"I HAVE HAD MY ROVER FOR OVER 4 YEARS, SADLY I MUST SELL IT TO PAY BILLS. I WILL SURELY BUY ANOTHER WHEN I CAN AFFORD IT. THE LAND ROVER IS AN OUTSTENDING VEHICLE. THE SMALL YET POWERFULL ENGINE DELIVERS EVERYTHING YOU WANT OUT OF A V8 WITH GREAT GAS MILAGE. THE DRIVETRAIN IS ROCK SOLID, SOLID AXLE FRONT AND REAR, THE TRANNY AND TRANSFER CASE ARE ALSO VERY VERY STRONG. THIS VEHICLE DRIVES GREAT ON THE ROAD ( A LITTLE TOP HEAVY) AND IT DOMINATES OFF-ROAD. NO STOCK JEEP OR TRUCK, HUMMERS INCLUDED, CAN DO WHAT A STOCK LAND ROVER CAN OFF-ROAD. THE TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM WORKS BETTER THAN LOCKERS. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GREAT THINGS ABOUT ITS OFFROAD CAPABILITY. I BUILD OFF-ROAD VEHICLES FOR A LIVING, AND THIS TRUCK KEEPS UP WITH MY DRIVING DEMAND (DUNES, ROCKCLIMBING, MUD AND RIVER PASSING, DESERT RUNNING, ETC.) THE STYLING AND COMFORT ARE SECOND TO NONE, YOU CAN TELL YOU ARE IN A $50K TRUCK. ALL LEATHER, ALL POWER, ALL STANDARD. THE STEREO SYSTEM IN MINE IS 8 YEARS OLD AND PUMPS BETTER THAN AFTERMARKET SYSTEMS. OK, I WONT LIE, THEY DO HAVE SOME PROBLEMS. ELECTRICAL. THREE DOOR LOCKS AND TWO WINDOW SWITCHES HAVE GONE OUT ON ME. HOWEVER, THIS CAN BE A COMMON PROBLEM ON MOST NEW VEHICLES, AND DOES NOT COST MUCH TO REPLACE. I HAVE LIFTED MINE, WITH OFFROAD TIRES AND A FRONT DIFF LOCK. WHERE THE TRUCK WAS AMAZING BEFORE, ITS UNSTOPPABLE NOW. ONE LAST THING, THE ROVERS WITH THE DOUBLE LOCK SYSTEM (COMES STANDARD ON MOST KEYLESS ENTRY), THIS TRUCK CANNOT BE STOLEN. WHEN DOUBLE LOCKED OR "DEAD LOCKED" THE ROVER WONT LET YOU IN EVEN WITH A CUT KEY, EVEN IF YOU GET IN, IT WILL NOT START OR LET YOU OPEN THE DOORS. IT CANNOT BE STOLEN WHEN DOUBLE LOCKED. JUST DONT LOSE YOU KEY FOB! I COULD GO ON AND ON. THIS IS A GREAT VEHICLE, EVERYTHING PEOPLE SAY ABOUT HOW GOOD THEY ARE IS TRUE. LIKE ALL VEHICLES, SOMETIMES PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEIR CAR OR TRUCK, ROVER IS NO EXCEPTION. HOWEVER, THEY ARE THE BEST 4X4 ON THE MARKET PERIOD. HOPE THIS HELPS!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery Series II near Honolulu. See local deals