2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II

6.8

Based on 214 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

7.0/10
    7.4/10
    7.0/10
    7.5/10

Owned 10 years and it always took good care of me

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "command seeting is the way to ride"

"This vehicle has served all purposes. With 2 children and two large labs we always got it done the Landrover discovery II series. The dealer was close and they were prompt and efficient when needed. I love this car and feel lucky to have owned and operated it for over a decade as my full time vehicle. Still going strong at over 120,000 miles.. regular oil changes = gold performance. Its only an 8 out of 10 because in 2001 they didn't have the technology they do today."

VERY GOOD VEHICLE. THE RIDE IS GREAT

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

"THE CAR HAS BEEN VERY DEPENTABLE BUT THE BIG V8 MOTOR DOES USE A LOT OF GAS. IT IS MY THIRD CAR SO I DO NOT USE IT ENOUGH."

Best suv I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun capable looks great"

Cons: "Bad mpg"

"This truck will get you anywhere wrapped in luxury and covered with mud, super reliable I have owned three now not one has ever left me on the side of the road, could get better mpg's but who cares"

Unique looks, great style but expensive repairs

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Great styling and perfect for the outdoorsy person"

Cons: "expensive maintenance and parts, low gas milage"

"I purchased my 2002 DISCO in 2002 and have not had any major problems. As of last year i'm now starting to experience oil leaks, braking and suspension issues. My DISCO has been great to me over the past 10 years for the expecption of the hefty gas fund i've invested in it. I've been pretty good about keeping up with my maintenance, which in itself is a pricy bill each time i have it service for routine things. This model is not very comfortable inside for long distance driving or for tall passengers and it does not deliver very good horse power but it will haul a great deal and weather any terrain you encounter. I am definitely a Land Rover lover and would purchase another, i however would probably not recommend purchasing a used 2002 DISCO this late in the game."

Rover

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"I purchased my 2001 Disco II new from the dealership in 2002. The truck has had all scheduled maintenance done by dealership since new. As for major repairs, I have had the following repairs done since purchase; Head gasket (leaking out not in/warrantied), door latch actuators (rear PAX door, rear gate, and drivers door/all warrantied), heads resurfaced (not warrantied), front prop shaft (warantied), front PAX hub assembly (Bad Bearing/warrantied), Drivers seat heating element (warrantied), Rear driver door molding(warrantied), fender flares (warrantied), Rear Roof trim (warrantied), Water Pump (warrantied), and various other preventative repairs to include wires, plugs, rotors, etc. Overall, this vehicle is a tank. It will go anywhere, although I have rarely ever taken it off road (a handful of times since new). The truck never has left me stranded, in fact, most of the time if there was a problem, I found out from the dealer during services. As you can see, the warranty is a good investment. If you require a vehicle that is bulletproof and will never leave you stranded in deep snow a Disco is your answer. Common problems with Disco's FYI are the Head Gasket, Front Prop Shaft, and door latch actuators. My Disco has 83500 on it, and it's going strong. Warranty expires in April of 09, so I have found a local Rover specialist to replace the dealer's premium charges. I highly recommend doing your research on a good honest Land Rover repair shop if you plan to buy a Disco. Great truck that requires maintenance. Thanks"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Land Rover Discovery Series II near Honolulu. See local deals