2014 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,231 - $22,926.

10/7.5

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

we love this car

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, handles well, comfortable"

Cons: "still made only in Korea, makes it a bit pricey"

"Excellent car so far and you can't beat the warranty. Peace of mind, comfort, and style."

love my new Kia sportage 2015

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "price-looks- way it handles on the road - quiet"

Cons: "don't have any cons yet ? but tires usually are it"

"Purchased my new Sportage 2015 last month. Attracted to its sleek lines and price for an SUV- Love the way it handles- love the room- and love the warranty. At this time I am still estimating my gas mileage as my last car was a bit better on gas- but it was a smaller car. I traded for safety reasons. Kias have come a long way with what they have to offer ! and I do think it is the sleekest 'look' on the road for the pricetag!"

Fantastic SUV With Plenty Of Bells & Whistles!

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "Excellent quality. Very attractive looks and price"

Cons: "None. No complaints at all."

"We have had our 2014 Kia Sportage for about 6 months now. We previously had a Kia Soul, which we enjoyed very much. Our new Sportage is great-looking and is loaded with standard equipment that are options on many other brands. We are getting about 28 MPG overall, which is excellent. The 2.4L 4 cylinder engine is very formidable and quick. The interior layout is well-planned, and the interior roominess is amazing for 4 adults. The fold-down rear seats allow for a lot of storage. The dashboard layout is excellent. The exterior of the Sportage is sporty and exudes quality. The alloy wheels are classy, and the fit and finish are top quality. We are extremely pleased with our Sportage, and the peace of mind we get with the great Kia warranty. Our local Kia dealership is fantastic, and they have taken very good care of us and our Sportage. Anybody who is shopping for a smaller SUV, who does not seriously consider a Kia Sportage, is making a big mistake. Thanks Kia, and keep up the good work!"

Love my sportage!

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

"I bought my sportage 3 years ago and have not had any issues! Handles and drives like a dream! Decent gas mileage for a SUV. The interior is very roomy! I upgraded to the EX with all the extras except the GPS system. Totally worth every penny!!"

The best for me

By on Monday, October 27, 2014

"I traded my 2011Sportage EX for the same 2014 because ride is less stiff and many features were upgraded."

Great looks, drives great, best SUV for the money!

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Awesome looks, drives great, love the interior"

Cons: "Little better fuel economy would be nice."

"I love my Kia Sportage, got the LX w/rearview camera and upgrades. Drives and handles great, fuel economy is good, has more room inside than you would think looking at it. Looked at several other models, but this had the best looks and was the best buy."

Great value for the money, needs few improvements

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the money"

Cons: "Needs radio visor and better gas mileage"

"After shopping the competition bought the Sportage because of the surprising quality for the money. The fit and finish is comparable to CRV but seems quicker and quieter. Biggest annoyance is the inability to see the radio settings at all during bright daylight.. The gas mileage could certainly be better but for the price I can't complain that much because it feels like I am driving a more expensive vehicle with all wheel drive."

Excellent and reliable

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Great features"

Cons: "None really"

"Not a single problem to report in 37000 miles. Fuel economy is outstanding. I average 27 around town and have gotten as high as 34 on the hwy. Excellent and quiet cruiser on the open road. Enough power for safe passing on secondary roads. I looked at the Honda, Chevy and Ford small SUV's and ended up with the KIA for the price and long list of standard features. We currently own 2 KIA's and I would recommend them to anyone."

Hands down best value ! - owned for 2 years

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Best Value, spacious, attractive design"

Cons: "Thick window pillars"

"When I bought this car, I was comparing it to the following vehicles: Honda CRV, Toyota Rav4, Hyundai Tuscon, Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, VW Tiguan, and the Subaru Forester. All these vehicles are in a similar price range. VALUE: 10/10 The first thing I noticed when comparing the prices and options was that the Hyundai and Kia models were a much better value. Things that came standard on the Kia and Hyundai were sold as extras on the other models. This is why I gave this car a 10/10 on value. RELIABILITY: 10/10 I've owned this car for 2 years and I have had no problems whatsoever. The fact that it comes with a 10 year powertrain warranty says a lot about this car's reliability. QUALITY: 9/10 The reason I docked 1 point was because the seat fabric looks a little cheaper looking, but then again I could have paid for the leather package. Everything else is comparable to the other models in terms of quality. DRIVING DYNAMICS: 10/10 This car drives great. Some people complain about the road noise, but I don't notice it much at all. I feel that those that are complaining are probably comparing this car to luxury vehicles in the $30,000+ range. DESIGN: 9/10 In this price range, this car gets a perfect 10/10 for the exterior. KIA and Hyundai have done a 360 and completely redesigned their cars. No more child like looking cars from the past. I love the overall design of both the interior and exterior of the car. I would give the interior an 8/10. The reason I docked 2 points is because of the thick windshield pillars. I find them to be too thick which gives you a rather large blind spot. I suspect that these thick pillars are the reason this car got excellent rollover ratings from the consumerreports website. COMFORT: 8/10 I don't get what people are talking about when they say the seats are uncomfortable. I've driven dozens of cars and I have I would say that these seats are comparable to most vehicles. Of course if you are comparing it to a luxury vehicle, then you might not me so happy. I've driven 300 miles nonstop (LA to Vegas) several times and I have never experienced any discomfort. I'll also add that I'm a skinny guy with less padding on the rear than most! One thing I'll say is that the door arm rests and the center arm rest needs more padding. OVERALL RATING: 9/10 I am very happy with my purchase."

Huge value. $21,500

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, low price, style, sporty handling!"

Cons: "Bouncy ride @ low speeds rough roads. At speed O.K"

"Very good dealership in Capitola, Ca. Bought Red with light grey interior. Did you know that exterior was designed by an Audi stylist! Know wonder it looks so gooood in actual metal. Better than photos!"