2014 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,982 - $22,719.

10/7.5

Based on 122 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great suv for money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of options for money"

Cons: "Blind spots, nav sys screen needs to be recessed"

"I use this vehicle for work, 40,000 miles in less than 2 years, just change oil and rotate tires, no problems! Blind spots in front do take getting used to, an auto open and close rear door would be great. Very happy with vehicle so far!"

2013 Kia Sportage SX AWD w/Turbo

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, great priced, great milage, fun to drive"

Cons: "No digital speedometer, no rear heat/ac vents/cont"

"My husband and I just bought this vehicle in black. Talk about sporty and stylish! We LOVE this vehicle! The only thing we would change about it, is we would love to have a digital speedometer. It is so easy to go way over the speed limit without realizing it, yes, I know there is a speedometer provided, however the digital read out keeps you more alert. This vehicle provides such a super smooth ride, my husband was surprised at how much he really enjoys driving this Kia. We have the heat & cooled seats, which have come in handy already for winter time. Just wished the same was provided for the back seat. Love the dual side heat/air controls, however there is room and the right style to have a split heat/air for the backseat, which is a shame this vehicle is not equipped with. Over all though, we are very happy with our new car (well, new to us)."

Good Car

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I have owned this car for one month and I am happy with it. It gets about 21 MPG in the city and that is with driving crazy. I have not taken it on a road trip yet. I got the base model manual transmission. Even with the base, I get hands free blue tooth for my cell phone, sirus (dont really care), and power windows. It also has that posi traction feature. The last time I check with a base model you were lucky to get a CD player. So far so good. The only bad thing is backing up and the blind spots. I recommed buying those little mirrors for the side mirrors. The other good thing about the base model is that the dealer wanted to get rid of it (i know it is his job), but he came to my outragous trade in terms. I got an awsome deal!"

Easy to drive and comfortable.

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "Love this car. My favorite of all my cars."

Cons: "Blind area sides, some road noise"

"There is some road noise and blind spots on the sides by back. Have to be careful changing lanes. Other than that, love the car. Handles great. Feels safer than other cars that I have owned. Bought it for driving in winter conditions with the all wheel drive and safety of side airbags. Love being able to talk on phone safely with bluetooth."

I like this car except for the ride.

By on Thursday, March 07, 2013

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Not such a nice ride"

"The ride in this car is not exceptional.The sattelite radio and navigation are wonderful."

Only the Best CUV on the Market

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "The heated seats and Siruis which is still free!!"

Cons: "Nuttin at all."

"I have had my Sportage since Aug/10 and it only has 13000 Kms (7600 miles) on it! I love this CUV..Love it Love it..It is soooo comfortable and the heated seats are beauty eh..The is speed tranny is a work of art and was designed in house by Hyundai and took 4 years...They got it right..No dipstick and never needs any maintenance..The Theta 2 engine has plenty of power is as smooth as a babys azz and it feels like 190-200hp rather than 176! Fit and finish is very good and no rattles or squeaks..The sterring is elecrtic and is also fantastic with a tight feel...This Sportage is the best CUV bar none for the price I felt I stole the thing from Kia...Ha ha ha.."

Good

By on Thursday, January 19, 2012

"The vehicle has a little stiff of a ride on ruff roads. The stock tires are poor for cold temps, They flat spot. Also if you are in an area that they use traction material on the roads for bad weather you had better add mud flaps or you won't have paint long back by the rear doors."

Very good!

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Good price, excellent MPG, looks nice"

Cons: "Poor visibility out of windows, bumpy ride"

"This was the first new car that I bought. Overall, it is an excellent car and a good decision. Everything in the car is very functional (especially the back up sensors!) and has a sleek look to it. Not to mention the great gas mileage. I used to get only 18 mpg with my old SUV but with the Sportage I get 29 . Definitely a money saver! The only issues that I have with this car is that it has awful blind spots in places that you wouldn't expect. The main ones are on the sides of the front windshield where the posts are and also the whole back of the car (it has a tiny back windshield). So parking this car can be a bit of a challenge. You do get used to them but it is a hard adjustment. Another problem that when you hit a bump you can really feel it. Not the smoothest ride."

Great Vehicle!!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, looks"

Cons: "small gas tank"

"I love my Kia. It is extremely comfortable. There are a few things I don't care for but they are trivial. Overall, Kia has improved so much over the years. I'm impressed."

Great car!!!

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"We have owned our Sportage for 3 weeks now and completely love it!! We had a friend buy a compairable car recently and WOW! I feel like we got way more bang for our buck. Very happy with our purchase. Handles great on corners and gets great gas mileage."