2013 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,173 - $18,742.

10/7.6

Based on 111 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Finally got it right!

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"Kia finally got the sportage right! No one wants a small, underpowred V6 with garbage gas milage in a small SUV.we buy small SUVs to get good gas milage, sit up high,and have AWD at an affordable price. The Styling is AWESOME. This looks like a spaceship compaired to the old dumpy Sportage and i think looks better than the CRV or Rav4. the EX comes nicely loaded with all you would want and the price tag...I PAID 23K for my AWD EX with a towing hitch. this thing has sat radio, bluetooth, power seats, dual climate, air filtration, voice command, 18inch wheels, led lights AND MORE!!! No compeditor can beat that! what a value, what styling, what a ride!"

A Masterpiece for the Value

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "value, features, ride, quality, warranty"

Cons: "interior needs higher quality materials"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

"What a great mini-ute the money. Hard to put in question the true value here - you get so much, for a great price, then have a 10yr/100,000mile drivetrain warranty to boot. Just got my ex awd and have been driving it for 4 days. It'll be my commuter and my weekend car to the mountains. I really like the awd with the lockable 4x4 feature (cr-v and cx-5 don't have that), and 176hp and 6 speeds (rav-4 doesn't have have that), gives it a good peppy feel. It's not fast off the line, but plenty of torque at higher speeds for passing and hills. Plus, all those extras - uvo and backup camera, cooling glove box, jukebox and ipod support, satellite radio, all weather mats, homelink, led lights, lotsa room, and on, and on. Great little car, and my first tank gave me an average of 25mpg. Bye bye Sequoia. Hello Kia Sportage!"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pros: "best price for small SUV vs quality and warranty"

Cons: "little visibility on the back"

"Well, this car scores really really high on safety while price is still much less than many other makes. I was amazed to see what the diference is in car crash between 2,3,4,5 star safety rating. This Kia has 5 stars and that was my first and most important thing when buyng new car. I have two little kids and safety comes first. No need to go on with all the extras this car has to increase safety. Design is great and you can tell that ex-audi guy is involved in the make of the design. While inside most of it is plastic still doesnt feel as cheap as you would think. Very stirdy and no loose parts. Really, the only bad thing i noticed so far about having so much plastic is when i put to max the volume, the belt for the back seat on the right is making anyong sound and I strapped it so it is not loose. The sound with the sub-woofer is more than good. I really like it actualy. I love the way it feels while driving. Cant understand the ppl complaing about the ride. This is sportier car and hard suspension is what makes it more sporty. For smal SUV the car got really great MPG. I would like to have more than 170HP but it seems to do just fine on hills and passing trucks and cars when needed. The cruise control however is the biggest let down i guess. The speed drops with 4 even 5 miles untill the gas kicks in to reach the set up speed again. Not a big deal, but i noticed this really early on compering it to our other cars we have/had. Whlie backing out of parking lot is not supposed to be that hard since it is fairly small framed car for SUV, with this car it can be a chalange. Visibility is realy bad. Dont buy it without the back up camera. The cam is what is solving the problem. But if you like to check on your rear view mirror all the time, you will be disapointed. Side view mirrors will be your best freinds instead. To see something in the rear view mirror there has to be perfect angle between the mirror, your eye sight and back windshiled. Overal I will recomend the car to ppl with not more than 4 members in the family and ppl which are ok with stiff ride. You cant beat the price though. It took me more than 6 months of comparing and on a paper there is a clear winner. If you dont have money to spend on fancy car this KIA is the way to go. Best small SUV out there for money vs quality."

Awsome ride

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "looks, comfort, economy, power, 5 star crash rate"

"After driving many full size pickups and owning compact cars I found the ride, performance and quality very rewarding. The dynamic suspension makes this vehicle corner very well I was surprized. Fuel milage is better than I expected, I am glad that I did not get the sx model the ex has plenty of power. The interior is very comfortable and everything is simple to use. The UVO entertainment system work great I like the hands free funcktions for radio and phone controls. The only thing I did not like was that with the push button start option you can not get the remote start funcktion. I would recoment this vehicle to any one looking for a vehicle that is practical and fun to drive."

Can you tell I LOVE my Sportage?

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, increased in value!"

Cons: "The secret is out now everyone will be wanting one"

"I got this vehicle to use as a company all purpose gopher. I wouldn't have even considered a KIA except that my wife priced all similar vehicles and thought it was worth a look. I am SOOOO glad she did her (my) homework. At the time I got it, (Sept, 2010,) it was thousands less costly than other comparable SUVs and after a test drive I fell in love. Guidance, Big touch screen with back-up camera, USB port"