• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Kia Sportage Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,140 - $18,711.

10/7.6

Based on 114 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Finally got it right!

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"Kia finally got the sportage right! No one wants a small, underpowred V6 with garbage gas milage in a small SUV.we buy small SUVs to get good gas milage, sit up high,and have AWD at an affordable price. The Styling is AWESOME. This looks like a spaceship compaired to the old dumpy Sportage and i think looks better than the CRV or Rav4. the EX comes nicely loaded with all you would want and the price tag...I PAID 23K for my AWD EX with a towing hitch. this thing has sat radio, bluetooth, power seats, dual climate, air filtration, voice command, 18inch wheels, led lights AND MORE!!! No compeditor can beat that! what a value, what styling, what a ride!"

A Masterpiece for the Value

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "value, features, ride, quality, warranty"

Cons: "interior needs higher quality materials"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

"What a great mini-ute the money. Hard to put in question the true value here - you get so much, for a great price, then have a 10yr/100,000mile drivetrain warranty to boot. Just got my ex awd and have been driving it for 4 days. It'll be my commuter and my weekend car to the mountains. I really like the awd with the lockable 4x4 feature (cr-v and cx-5 don't have that), and 176hp and 6 speeds (rav-4 doesn't have have that), gives it a good peppy feel. It's not fast off the line, but plenty of torque at higher speeds for passing and hills. Plus, all those extras - uvo and backup camera, cooling glove box, jukebox and ipod support, satellite radio, all weather mats, homelink, led lights, lotsa room, and on, and on. Great little car, and my first tank gave me an average of 25mpg. Bye bye Sequoia. Hello Kia Sportage!"

Sporty and fun - and a great value!

Great suv for money

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Lots of options for money"

Cons: "Blind spots, nav sys screen needs to be recessed"

"I use this vehicle for work, 40,000 miles in less than 2 years, just change oil and rotate tires, no problems! Blind spots in front do take getting used to, an auto open and close rear door would be great. Very happy with vehicle so far!"

I Love This Car!!!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I purchased a 2013 Sportage EX (AWD) because the SX Turbo was nowhere to be seen at the time (they don't stay around). I loved the vehicle and was willing to settle for the 2.4 L engine (although I had driven the Optima SX Turbo and thought I could never drive a normally aspirated engine again). Then came available the black beauty Sportage SX unexpectedly at my local Kia dealership. I immediately traded my EX in,with a little $$ hit sorry to say, but I have not regretted it one bit. The SX turbo is awesome and a blast to drive. The sport handling is better also than the EX. The bottom line is that this car rocks and has all you need, inside and out, with exhilarating performance. If you can find one or wait for one, spend the little extra money for the SX turbo package. I am grateful to Kia for raising the bar for the consumer. You won't find a better all around package for the value anywhere, period."

The Kai Sportage... great!

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "GPS, style, easy to drive"

Cons: "suspension, blind spot in the front"

"This has been a great little car. We have only put around 14000 miles on our 2011 Sportage. Most of the miles have been around town. We have been on two longer trips and the seats and suspension could use some work. You can really feel it going across the rail road tracks. The interior is very nice and the touchscreen navigation works well and is user friendly. As for the cargo space, well it is a small suv. Overall this is a great little car. You cant beat the out side styling."